ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

In my history of being a Hawkeye wrestling fan, it sure feels like "waiting on admissions" (or an answer on eligibility) has meant "this person will probably never wrestle here, or at least not anytime soon"... Many likely ended up being for the best but off the top of my head...
Bill Murphy
Joey Slatons return
I think Montell got super drawn out?
The garbage with the VT transfers though that wasn't our doing
Downey
Ferraris
The gamblers

I'm surely missing some and admittedly lumping a lot of different situations in with "admissions" but you get my drift.
Cayle Byers

Make or break week imo.

Here you go. Teemer is in Ia City and Buchanan was supposed to move there over the weekend. No confirmation yet if he did.

Still not admitted as far as I know.

Whoa. didn't hear about Buchanan - thought he would never leave Teyon.

Make or break week imo.

Here you go. Teemer is in Ia City and Buchanan was supposed to move there over the weekend. No confirmation yet if he did.

Teemer is such an intriguing transfer. His lifestyle and in-room (and sometimes match) effort DO NOT fit. But the dude is a winner.

Take it for what it’s worth but I heard Teemer and Buchanan. Would love Cannon only if he can make 125 but highly doubt that happens. Ayala can’t make 125 anymore. He has cleared 145 and really doubt he can make it back down.
I wonder if the cut was a bit much last year for him. He seemed slower and hesitant early in the year but came back looking like the old no brake Drake with allowance at end of year. He will be top tier at 33 if ends up there.

Reactions: vhsalum and el dub
Take it for what it’s worth but I heard Teemer and Buchanan. Would love Cannon only if he can make 125 but highly doubt that happens. Ayala can’t make 125 anymore. He has cleared 145 and really doubt he can make it back down.
So VHS was wrong again? Shocker.

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
Here we go again, waiting on admissions, times running out. Feel like this is the same story we’ve heard before

Multi’s last statement said admissions was waiting on at least one of the guys, not the other way around.

First off…kiss of death.

But assuming you’re right, gross negligence by the staff to not have a better 125 than Cruz. Failure.

Make or break week imo.

Multi’s last statement said admissions was waiting on at least one of the guys, not the other way around.

First off…kiss of death.

But assuming you’re right, gross negligence by the staff to not have a better 125 than Cruz. Failure.
Wtf?

First off…kiss of death.

They had an option but he hung up his shoes but with that being said I agree with you they had plenty of time to find an option there. Here’s hoping Cruz can shock the world so to speak.

Reactions: el dub
AnthThey had an option but he hung up his shoes but with that being said I agree with you they had plenty of time to find an option there. Here’s hoping Cruz can shock the world so to speak.
They tried to get Luke L, but he stayed in Pennsylvania at PSU. They are plugging in a blue chip guy when Drake is a senior, but he wants to redshirt.

gross negligence by the staff to not have a better 125 than Cruz. Failure.
That’s a bit dramatic. It all works out fine if the returning finalist stays at his weight one more year. It’s not like they didn’t have a stud replacement signed, who quit, and another on the way next season.

Reactions: Bobhaywood

His last statement on admissions. Not literally his last statement.

They had an option but he hung up his shoes but with that being said I agree with you they had plenty of time to find an option there. Here’s hoping Cruz can shock the world so to speak.

They tried to get Luke L, but he stayed in Pennsylvania at PSU. They are plugging in a blue chip guy when Drake is a senior, but he wants to redshirt.

That’s a bit dramatic. It all works out fine if the returning finalist stays at his weight one more year. It’s not like they didn’t have a stud replacement signed, who quit, and another on the way next season.

They have known for the better part of two years that Jesuroga wasn’t coming. Huge fail to not have a better option.

I swear, some of you are just blind to reality and deductive reasoning. Jesuroga was class of 2023 and didn’t really let anyone know for sure his plans until very late in that recruiting cycle.

At that time Iowa had Lee still going and Ayala waiting in the wings with all indications he was going to be the heir apparent at 125 for the time being. Still, Iowa went and grabbed Cruz, who was still about the best available in the transfer portal around that weight and they locked in arguably the best recruit at the weight from the class of 2025.

WTF more were they supposed to have done? More importantly, how? Mind you, by the time they truly knew what the situation was with Jesuroga, it’s not like Ayala didn’t go 125 the next season, nor were there a ton of great little guys sitting readily available from the 2024 class….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT