ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

Says the guy saying there wasn't any realistic smoke in regards to Teemer or Buchanan. Your schtick gets old at times. Again, my key question was was who were they supposed to get, how and when? Please enlighten us, Oh Grand Master, on exactly who was available when they were actually certain Jesuroga was done and how exactly they were supposed to figure out a 125 need over 2 years later when Lee was there and Ayala was waiting to take over.

Instead of trying to just hurl insults, use facts. Instead of just saying, "We are Iowa, it should just magically happen!", actually give us a few reasonable answers as to how...

When did I say that? I've defended Multi's posts from the start.

It doesn't have to magically happen. They had nearly 2 years to figure it out. This thread is talking about Iowa luring two AAs off other rosters at other weights. These are guys who weren't in the portal. Claiming they couldn't possibly do it at 125 is another laughable point.

Also, I love the people who think TnT should have just gone out and got another guy. Do they think these guys grow on trees?

Have you been living in a cave the past few years?

That’s a great question. Something I’d like to know the answer to as well. Iowa has plenty of money if these rental offers are true. But I’m starting to wonder how many people want to go to Iowa.

No new RTC athletes, only one PFP recruit for 2024 and 2025. The HWC was supposed to be strong after the championship team graduated. Almost all of them have moved on, and the ones that stuck around didn’t qualify for the trials other than Lee obviously.
Not to pick too many nits, but didn't Marinelli beat Haines at the Trials? Pretty sure Cass was there too...

When did I say that? I've defended Multi's posts from the start.

It doesn't have to magically happen. They had nearly 2 years to figure it out. This thread is talking about Iowa luring two AAs off other rosters at other weights. These are guys who weren't in the portal. Claiming they couldn't possibly do it at 125 is another laughable point.
Again, how and who? You are the one that is saying what they have done/not done at 125 is essentially "criminal". The onus is on you to actually make the case with facts over feelings.

And yes, you posted to me after insulting a poster who made a "Dream Team" with Buchanan on it, that the "smoke" I alluded to had no substance and I had to point out that the coaches of Teemer and Buchanan, both, reported Iowa for "tampering". Needless to say, you did NOT respond to that post....

Kind of odd if this is such a positive scoop that he wouldn’t do the same for his buds at Michigan and PSU. Especially since he’s been out on Iowa for over a year.
That's because apparently Iowa's the only program that's relying on portal transfers to build its roster instead of recruiting and developing all of its talent from the ground up... lol.

Again, how and who? You are the one that is saying what they have done/not done at 125 is essentially "criminal". The onus is on you to actually make the case with facts over feelings.

And yes, you posted to me after insulting a poster who made a "Dream Team" with Buchanan on it, that the "smoke" I alluded to had no substance and I had to point out that the coaches of Teemer and Buchanan, both, reported Iowa for "tampering". Needless to say, you did NOT respond to that post....

I asked where all the smoke was on Buchanan. Your reply wasn't really an answer, as that's not something that can be seen, though it might very well be true.

I did make a case with facts. Facts are it's been over 18 months since they knew Jesu wasn't coming. Facts are they have been successful in the portal. Facts are they have been successful luring guys off other rosters. Facts are that it isn't unheard of to have 2 high quality D1 wrestlers at the same weight. What other facts could you possibly want?

I asked where all the smoke was on Buchanan. Your reply wasn't really an answer, as that's not something that can be seen, though it might very well be true.

I did make a case with facts. Facts are it's been over 18 months since they knew Jesu wasn't coming. Facts are they have been successful in the portal. Facts are they have been successful luring guys off other rosters. Facts are that it isn't unheard of to have 2 high quality D1 wrestlers at the same weight. What other facts could you possibly want?
At one point there were tweets out there verifying the coaches' complaints. If that reply "wasn't really an answer" then we have considerably different definitions of what this type of "smoke" is.

As far as the main point of this argument goes, how, when and who would actually be the pertinent facts. What you state is feeling based conjecture. Giant difference. If Iowa should have so easily addressed this issue, you should as easily be able to identify who they should have landed, when they should have done it and how. It really isn't a trick question and absolutely is pertinent to this debate...

if there aren’t some transfers i would be surprised. i know the guys impacted love iowa so maybe not but it’s got to be a tough pill to swallow
I understand how they likely feel - but if Iowa wants to get back on top tough choices must be made. Their options are to get better and beat their weight rivals.

Reactions: el dub and MSU158
I understand how they likely feel - but if Iowa wants to get back on top tough choices must be made. Their options are to get better and beat their weight rivals.
Which is why I was willing to give the Ferraris a try if they could stay on their short leash. They didn't, so the "troubled" had to move on and were never officially on the team. Meanwhile, at least so far, it seems Iowa still benefited greatly, keeping the best, well-mannered of the group...

At one point there were tweets out there verifying the coaches' complaints. If that reply "wasn't really an answer" then we have considerably different definitions of what this type of "smoke" is.

As far as the main point of this argument goes, how, when and who would actually be the pertinent facts. What you state is feeling based conjecture. Giant difference. If Iowa should have so easily addressed this issue, you should as easily be able to identify who they should have landed, when they should have done it and how. It really isn't a trick question and absolutely is pertinent to this debate...

Was just looking for said Tweets or other evidence. No biggie--I'm not trying to make an issue of it. The point is that I haven't been dismissing the rumors overall--I've defended Multi more than once in this thread. The guy knows what he's talking about. Unlike a certain other poster.

Cruz is out there getting beat by D1 backups. Multiple NCAA qualifiers and at least 1 AA have been in the portal at 125 the past 1-2 seasons. This isn't really that hard.

RIGHT!

how does me posting the numbers hurt Iowa one iota?!

freakin morons.
One could easily argue you are attempting to hurt Iowa's standing with high school recruits with the insinuation that the Hawks will buy portal guys if you don't immediately perform.

Given your history on this site, it's not a stretch.
You're here for "clicks", not so much with meaningful info.
Kind of a form of negative recruiting.

You don't like our responses,,, fvcking leave!

Was just looking for said Tweets or other evidence. No biggie--I'm not trying to make an issue of it. The point is that I haven't been dismissing the rumors overall--I've defended Multi more than once in this thread. The guy knows what he's talking about. Unlike a certain other poster.

Cruz is out there getting beat by D1 backups. Multiple NCAA qualifiers and at least 1 AA have been in the portal at 125 the past 1-2 seasons. This isn't really that hard.
I am not really arguing with you over the first part.

As far as Cruz goes, at the time, he was thought of as a "prospect", I also don't remember any key top 125s even hinting at going into the portal. Meanwhile, they still had Ayala, Teske and Schriever, relegating Cruz to no more than an emergency depth "stop gap". They then added what looks like a lifetime 125 and possibly the best prospect at the weight from the 2025 class.

So, all this angst comes down to their not magically knowing ahead of time that Ayala probably won't go 125 in 2025 and not landing the replacement in 2024 instead of 2025.

So, again, who, what, where and how should they have fixed this in 2024?

One could easily argue you are attempting to hurt Iowa's standing with high school recruits with the insinuation that the Hawks will buy portal guys if you don't immediately perform.

Given your history on this site, it's not a stretch.
You're here for "clicks", not so much with meaningful info.
Kind of a form of negative recruiting.

You don't like our responses,,, fvcking leave!
If we are recruiting guys who have to worry about being recruited over, we’re on in on the wrong guys.

If we are recruiting guys who have to worry about being recruited over, we’re on in on the wrong guys.
I'd bet the coaches could tell stories about meeting with recruits/parents and some of the things demanded. Stuff that never leaked out.

Reactions: el dub
I'd bet the coaches could tell stories about meeting with recruits/parents and some of the things demanded. Stuff that never leaked out.
I’m sure. But I doubt there are many top pfp recruits afraid of being recruited over. It’s the top 20-50 who should have that fear, imo.

I bet parents could tell stories of the coaches lying to them and asking them to buy in and be loyal, while not communicating and being full of crap about what they are doing behind the scenes. All I know if I am Ayala, I’m not stepping on the mat for less than $500,000 if that is the going rate for guys that are being brought in that I finished higher/ or same as in the NCAA’s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT