ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

Tax The Rich Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

This should take it completely off the rails.

I want government to be so small I hardly know it exists. Individuals can pay for the rest. It literally happens everyday.
Well then I nominate you to be in charge of the GoFundMe page to cover the defense budget. I'll kick in a few bucks. While you're at it, we need more fence money. Mexico didn't step up as we were promised. But maybe we can make that up from the "defund the police" initiative I take it you support. Farmers, miners, and many others that receive subsidies will need a GoFundMe page too. You better get going on this.

Reactions: sabula
Well then I nominate you to be in charge of the GoFundMe page to cover the defense budget. I'll kick in a few bucks. While you're at it, we need more fence money. Mexico didn't step up as we were promised. But maybe we can make that up from the "defund the police" initiative I take it you support. Farmers, miners, and many others that receive subsidies will need a GoFundMe page too. You better get going on this.
But we tariffed their avocados. Where did the plan go wrong?

Reactions: Trapper85
Defense budget would be significantly smaller if we weren't Team America World Police. And you don't have a clue what I support. Ever wonder why most members in congress are millionaires and you aren't? It's cuz you're stupid and they're banking on that.

Jacob Cardenas to uMich
Shocking, Michigan going to load up again if enough quality guys become available. I don’t think PSU will need the portal this year. Does OSU have any other holes they need filled , other than whatever weight Hamiti is going to fill ?

Shocking, Michigan going to load up again if enough quality guys become available. I don’t think PSU will need the portal this year. Does OSU have any other holes they need filled , other than whatever weight Hamiti is going to fill ?
The only scenario in which Penn State will need to look into the portal is if Kerkvliet doesn't come back (and the indications so far are the he will). If he doesn't come back, then they only have one undersized true freshman heavyweight who they plan to RS. Although Penn State could probably forfeit HWT all year and still go undefeated in duals and win nationals.

They're so well positioned to pick up grad transfers from good academic schools. Brucki, Griffith, DeAugustino, Cannon, Davison, and Cardenas all grad transfers from great schools. Also in the mix for Hendrickson who is out of competition years at Air Force.

Could someone tell me what is up with Michigan's roster as they have been dipping into the portal hard for a few years now?

They're so well positioned to pick up grad transfers from good academic schools. Brucki, Griffith, DeAugustino, Cannon, Davison, and Cardenas all grad transfers from great schools. Also in the mix for Hendrickson who is out of competition years at Air Force.
Replace Davidson with Hendrickson. Nice. Places like Michigan, tOSU, PSU basically have unlimited budgets now with NIL. They were all famous for using this wealth under the table for football, PSU wrestling also, before it became legal.

Oh that’s right. We have unlimited funds and offer bigger bribes (nil) than anyone, but our program is so terrible nobody wants to accept the money and come here except room guy types.
Do you even watch this team? lol

This past year we had 3 AA transfers in the lineup plus NC Ferrari who was committed but didn't make it on the roster. Money is not the issue for this team.

Iowa is one of the “haves” in college wrestling. Stop pretending otherwise.
Never said it’s an issue for us. It’s an issue for smaller mid majors to hang onto their talent. Was just mocking all the Iowa program/coach haters who basically laugh at us because we did not land the big fish we wanted last year WITH a healthy NIL budget .

Do you even watch this team? lol

This past year we had 3 AA transfers in the lineup plus NC Ferrari who was committed but didn't make it on the roster. Money is not the issue for this team.
Ferrari took an official, but never committed. He may have been heading that way until the SS debacle. Who knows what he plans next fall, but if we bring in a portal 197, then we know he’s finished.

Reactions: el dub
Ferrari took an official, but never committed. He may have been heading that way until the SS debacle. Who knows what he plans next fall, but if we bring in a portal 197, then we know he’s finished.
missing the point. clearly had the money to offer what he wanted.

iowa is not an impoverished mom and pop shop. we have some of the deepest pockets in the game.

missing the point. clearly had the money to offer what he wanted.

iowa is not an impoverished mom and pop shop. we have some of the deepest pockets in the game.
But, “money,” fits the local narrative. Because, what else could it be?

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I would argue we trail 2 schools possibly 3 in that area. Michigan and possibly tOSU.
I think we trail Michigan because they have better Grad schools programs and a nice international Olympic pipeline along with KJ on that end. If you go to northwestern or cornel you want a solid grad degree. I know that woods came from Stanford - just saying for the most part. I think Michigan falls off when the grad transfers/6th year guys are done.

Reactions: ping72
Yeah. No.
There is absolutely NO question that those 2 Athletic Departments dwarf Iowa in funding. As such, I am sure NIL availability is proportional. Now, the real question admittedly would be do the wrestling programs have open access, conditional, or flat funding. If it is any part of the 1st two, they absolutely can out bid and out pay Iowa if necessary.

By no means does that mean that Iowa is anywhere close to destitute. It is just a tad naive to think the two giant AD’s on the block don’t have super deep pockets that could be accessed with a little finesse.

I think we trail Michigan because they have better Grad schools programs and a nice international Olympic pipeline along with KJ on that end. If you go to northwestern or cornel you want a solid grad degree. I know that woods came from Stanford - just saying for the most part. I think Michigan falls off when the grad transfers/6th year guys are done.
I think all the covid dilliness with guys getting an extra year has helped Michigan in the short run. I also think it will be harder for them to recruit n the near future when kids look at the lack of loyalty to kids on the team and how they go and portal over anyone and everyone.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
I think all the covid dilliness with guys getting an extra year has helped Michigan in the short run. I also think it will be harder for them to recruit n the near future when kids look at the lack of loyalty to kids on the team and how they go and portal over anyone and everyone.
But, they really haven’t portalled over anyone of note. They have been filling major holes each time so far. Maybe that changes over time, but I don’t think they have to worry a bit about loyalty issues so far…

Reactions: lookleft goright
Easy way to settle this. Who here thinks the federal government is a good steward of our tax money? Click reply and let me know.
He’ll no. I’m waiting for my government funded ammunition allowance and guns. I mean it is a right and government then should pay for it, right?

Or at least allow me a straight deduction for my fun stuff lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT