ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

I have to wonder, if those who are so happy paying taxes, have accountants, take reductions, etc....???? My bet would be that they certainly take every tax break they can get!!!!

That being said, YES most get that taxes need to be paid to have money to run a country. that being said, if you believe our country is being run efficiently? I have a BRIDGE(needs some work due to a "minor" mishap) to sell you!!!

Also, NO ONE should be paying TAXES on money they ALREADY have been taxed on! If you look back at the history of our GREAT nation. You will see, it was run they way it was suppose to be. FAR less taxes, and YES, there were roads, schools, etc...... Just NO government theft as we have now!!!

I'll give you a lesson. Taking things without permission is theft. Invoking the word roads doesn't change that fact. Now back to portal talk.
So when you start a job, you don't fill out any of the tax stuff and they withhold taxes from your paychecks anyways?

So when you start a job, you don't fill out any of the tax stuff and they withhold taxes from your paychecks anyways?
My bad. It's extortion. If you don't fill out said papers and let the leaches steal your hard earned income they come and kidnap you. Newsflash, income taxes didn't exist until 1913, ironically that's when the federal reserve was created.

My bad. It's extortion. If you don't fill out said papers and let the leaches steal your hard earned income they come and kidnap you. Newsflash, income taxes didn't exist until 1913, ironically that's when the federal reserve was created.
But, it's your choice to fill that stuff out. You don't have to accept employment through them. I'm guessing if you refused they'd happily move to the next candidate on their list without threatening or forcing you against your will, which is kind of the definition of 'extortion.'

Reactions: el dub
So where do you want the government to get money to pay for roads, bridges, infrastructure, police, military, etc?

But, it's your choice to fill that stuff out. You don't have to accept employment through them. I'm guessing if you refused they'd happily move to the next candidate on their list without threatening or forcing you against your will, which is kind of the definition of 'extortion.'

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
So where do you want the government to get money to pay for roads, bridges, infrastructure, police, military, etc?
Where'd it come from before 1913? Where does all the money come from for the millions of private roads/infrastructure built?

Actually, the first income tax was a 3 percent tax levied on income over 800 dollars during the civil war. In 1872 congress repelled it but it rose its ugly head in 1913. Even then, due to generous exemptions and deductions, less than 1 percent of the population paid income taxes at the rate of only 1 percent of net income.

Where'd it come from before 1913? Where does all the money come from for the millions of private roads/infrastructure built?
You tell us...its your hair brained concept. Where did, do we get the $$ once you eliminate taxes. Ill listen. This ought to be good.

Oh, you mean before cars were a thing? In 1913 there were about 13 cars on the roads for every 1,000 people in the U.S. Do you think maybe the construction and maintenance of roads and bridges became a little more vital once cars were mainstream?

Oh, you mean before cars were a thing? In 1913 there were about 13 cars on the roads for every 1,000 people in the U.S. Do you think maybe the construction and maintenance of roads and bridges became a little more vital once cars were mainstream?
Oh I forgot before cars roads didn't exist. It's funny all you bootlickers bring up roads when someone points out the fact that taxation is theft. Life does in fact exist outside of government. At what point is taxation considered theft in your mind because the US became a sovereign country over some miniscule attempts at taxation. Be an actual American instead of a government butthole licker.

Oh I forgot before cars roads didn't exist. It's funny all you bootlickers bring up roads when someone points out the fact that taxation is theft. Life does in fact exist outside of government. At what point is taxation considered theft in your mind because the US became a sovereign country over some miniscule attempts at taxation. Be an actual American instead of a government butthole licker.
Lol, ok, I hope you remember this the next time you're driving on that nice smooth Interstate. Or the next time you need a doctor, >70% of whom wouldn't be doctors without financial aid, which comes largely from tax dollars.

There are over a dozen countries that don't have income tax, a few in some pretty plum island destinations. Why don't you go live there? It's not like this income tax thing was just sprung on you out of nowhwere. It's been around a while, you knew it was part of the deal when you chose to live here.

The government was still building roads with tax dollars before income tax existed buddy lol.

Reactions: sabula and sstark46
Lol, ok, I hope you remember this the next time you're driving on that nice smooth Interstate. Or the next time you need a doctor, >70% of whom wouldn't be doctors without financial aid, which comes largely from tax dollars.

There are over a dozen countries that don't have income tax, a few in some pretty plum island destinations. Why don't you go live there? It's not like this income tax thing was just sprung on you out of nowhwere. It's been around a while, you knew it was part of the deal when you chose to live here.
That is literally not an argument. Also funny you bring up "smooth" interstates. If they stole all my income would they be smoother? Maybe not fall apart every couple yrs?

I would say the vast majority, if not all the people on this forum were born here. So, at birth you were stuck with taxes. Moving to a different country isn't all that common, unless it's a situation where you can just walk or swim across the border and live off the government (our tax money).

That is literally not an argument. Also funny you bring up "smooth" interstates. If they stole all my income would they be smoother? Maybe not fall apart every couple yrs?
Lol, you're comparing paying for roads today to in 1913 when a small fraction of roads were paved and most commuter travel was by horse and buggy/wagon. You're right, it's not an argument.

You asked when I'd consider taxation to be theft? I'd say when leeches like you accept all the benefits tax dollars provide to everyday life without kicking in yourselves.

This “roads” argument is nonsensical. The federal government collects $2.6 trillion a year and spends $51 billion on roads. That’s less than 2% of the taxes they take in. 98% goes elsewhere.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
I would say the vast majority, if not all the people on this forum were born here. So, at birth you were stuck with taxes. Moving to a different country isn't all that common, unless it's a situation where you can just walk or swim across the border and live off the government (our tax money).
Yep, in hospitals that tax dollars paid for, delivered by doctors who likely used tax-funded student loans to earn their degrees.

• Haha
Reactions: T8KUDWN
Yeah, I'll never understand people bitching about paying taxes.

How do residents think public services get covered?

I don't mind, one bit, paying taxes.
You must pay a lot less than I do then. My mother in law said the same thing. They are farmers and for years didn’t pay taxes because of depreciation. So she never minded taxes.

This “roads” argument is nonsensical. The federal government collects $2.6 trillion a year and spends $51 billion on roads. That’s less than 2% of the taxes they take in. 98% goes elsewhere.
Lol, don't get some of these guys started on defense spending. Apparently they'd be fine with a military consisting of teenagers throwing rocks.

Lol, you're comparing paying for roads today to in 1913 when a small fraction of roads were paved and most commuter travel was by horse and buggy/wagon. You're right, it's not an argument.

You asked when I'd consider taxation to be theft? I'd say when leeches like you accept all the benefits tax dollars provide to everyday life without kicking in yourselves.
It's nearly impossible to not pay taxes in the US so you calling me a leach is comical.

All this talk about taxes I’m sure the IRS is snooping around this board now so in that case; Cael Sanderson doesn’t pay taxes! Now go tie him up in audits for a few years.

Reactions: el dub and 12tdsaw
Most hospitals are private and loans are paid back. Not really the dunk you're looking for.
You don't think private hospitals find ways to access federal funding? Lol. And no, there are a lot more public hospitals than privates, and privates admit a fraction of the number of patients every year as publics.

The fact that loans are repaid isn't the issue. In your world there shouldn't be taxes so those doctors would have never gotten those loans in the first place.

Last edited:
You did not answer the question so I will ask again.

Where do you want the government to get money to pay for roads, bridges, infrastructure, police, military, etc?

Reactions: Trapper85
Two things in life are a certain. Death and tax. Now back to the portal discussion. Are the Hawks in on some big names or not? How about some recruiting news for the high school ranks? Our staff needs to find another gear it seems

So, you're still living in a bunker and eating freeze dried food... got it.

Most hospitals are private and loans are paid back. Not really the dunk you're looking for.
Most of new physician loans are covered by the medical organization hiring them. As part of their hiring package. Nice try though. Keep trying!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT