ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

Luke Lilledahl is the odds on favorite to win 125 right now.
LOL, I mean really!?!?!?
Indo

unfortunately, under the current staff, I don’t see Iowa scoring 120 ever again.
We don’t score bonus points. Angelo, Arnold, they could all
Make finals with close decisions along the way.
And, we still regress come March.
If you wasn't such a fool, you'd be a PUTZ!
“You’ve reached the voicemail of Iowa wrestling. If you are already a world class athlete you have reached this number in error. All others, recognize that we like our guys. If you want to be one of us as we move forward, please leave your name and number and Bobby Telford might return your call.”
Pretty good! but SIR IRON does not like it!

Willie, personally I take what you say is golden so thank you. Do you think Miller has no chance to go to Iowa? What about the Munaretto kid? What's your thoughts on Ross to Iowa? Any of the top U15 kids Iowa should be on? I love following recruiting more than anything else. Give us some good hopes Willie!
i did a write up on Iowa's future line ups and logical / suggested targets (about two weeks ago).

at this time almost all the significant 2025's are committed so we're looking beyond that.

Munaretto makes sense if he's a 133 or Deluca grows. he also has a tight family so i'd imagine he'd stay in the midwest.

i'm pretty close with Melvin and talked to him in Vegas all week. that being said i've never brought up what schools he likes. it just seems to me, being that he's a PA kid and PSU having a lot of success at 84/97 he'd stay home. that's just a guess though.

i don't know much about Dreshaun's football prospects but I'm told he enjoys wrestling more. I'd assume he's Iowa's to lose but if i was in charge of recruiting anywhere i'd throw about as big an offer at him as i could. so who knows these days.

Obviously the Mocco's have a tie to Iowa as well so i'd imagine there will be contact (depending on how TNT feel they stand w/ Dreshaun).

pretty early yet. wish i had more concrete answers for ya but that's all i know (or have a feeling on) at this time.

Exactly. Iowa should absolutely reach out to him about joining our RTC and HWC. Having a 57kg rep and a heavyweight rep that’s as skilled as Spencer and Gable would absolutely be a draw to future recruits. Spend money to earn recruits.
Lord having the bookends of the Olympic team would make to much sense. Hwc would be legit

i did a write up on Iowa's future line ups and logical / suggested targets (about two weeks ago).

at this time almost all the significant 2025's are committed so we're looking beyond that.

Munaretto makes sense if he's a 133 or Deluca grows. he also has a tight family so i'd imagine he'd stay in the midwest.

i'm pretty close with Melvin and talked to him in Vegas all week. that being said i've never brought up what schools he likes. it just seems to me, being that he's a PA kid and PSU having a lot of success at 84/97 he'd stay home. that's just a guess though.

i don't know much about Dreshaun's football prospects but I'm told he enjoys wrestling more. I'd assume he's Iowa's to lose but if i was in charge of recruiting anywhere i'd throw about as big an offer at him as i could. so who knows these days.

Obviously the Mocco's have a tie to Iowa as well so i'd imagine there will be contact (depending on how TNT feel they stand w/ Dreshaun).

pretty early yet. wish i had more concrete answers for ya but that's all i know (or have a feeling on) at this time.
Thanks Willie. I went back and read your article on Iowa. Hopefully Ross stays and wrestle for the Hawks. Wish we had a shot at Melvin and that would restart the Young Guns pipeline again. I like the Munaretto kid and the possible one two punch with him and Deluca.

Reactions: el dub
Why? We need wildcard transfers to put the best team possible together THIS YEAR!!!!! It’s our only chance at making it competitive in March.
OH, in that case.......

With what was said before as our " hopeful" line up. IF Gable was added..... It would not be a "chance at being competitive" it WOULD put us as CLEAR favorites!!!

Reactions: Spoons and el dub
If we’re relying on the portal for talent instead of recruiting and development, why not just cut these two and put their salary towards NIL?
Sounds harsh but looking from a strictly business perspective, it makes sense
If we get rid of those two, who in the hell is going to recruit for us?

Reactions: TarpHawk
OH, in that case.......

With what was said before as our " hopeful" line up. IF Gable was added..... It would not be a "chance at being competitive" it WOULD put us as CLEAR favorites!!!
One piece at a time. Not clear favorites, but at least competing for the top.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
With Parco and Teemer rumors then add Schultz you don’t think they see the writing on the wall???
It would be pretty crazy if they cut the program, regardless of Sunkist. I know they didn’t have a good regular season, but they still managed to take 6th at NCAA’s. Hell, other than PSU, Iowa and MICH, they have been the most consistent top program since The Covid year, taking 4th, 4th, 7th and 6th.

It would be pretty crazy if they cut the program, regardless of Sunkist. I know they didn’t have a good regular season, but they still managed to take 6th at NCAA’s. Hell, other than PSU, Iowa and MICH, they have been the most consistent top program since The Covid year, taking 4th, 4th, 7th and 6th.

It isn’t crazy at all. Remember, they have done it before. And when they did, the Sunkist guy was a major contributor to saving the program.

If the Sunkist days are over, without a strong entity to fill that void, it won’t be long until the Sun Devil days are as well. The massive revenue disparity between the B12 and B10 will also not be helpful here.

It’s really just a matter of time.

It isn’t crazy at all. Remember, they have done it before. And when they did, the Sunkist guy was a major contributor to saving the program.

If the Sunkist days are over, without a strong entity to fill that void, it won’t be long until the Sun Devil days are as well. The massive revenue disparity between the B12 and B10 will also not be helpful here.

It’s really just a matter of time.
Couldn’t the same thing then be said for another 50-60 teams? On top of that, none of them have had nearly the amount of success as ASU…..

I get that very few teams are truly safe in non revenue sports, but the crazy part is seeing one as successful as ASU go before so many others…

Olympic and world champs Tom and Terry Brands?
Bait GIF

Reactions: el dub and Hawky42
Couldn’t the same thing then be said for another 50-60 teams? On top of that, none of them have had nearly the amount of success as ASU…..

I get that very few teams are truly safe in non revenue sports, but the crazy part is seeing one as successful as ASU go before so many others…

I don’t recall 50-60 other current schools announcing they are dropping their program. So that’s a no.

• Haha
Oh for F sake. Even I understood what he was saying. It just means if ASU can drop the sport a lot of others could too.

Well…yeah. 🤦🏻‍♂️

The point that apparently keeps flying over your head is that they’ve done it before so it’s not crazy at all to think they would do it again.

• Haha
Reactions: MSU158
Once revenue sharing is put in place with the NIL landscape, I think you will see several programs drop. Athletic departments are already making budget cuts to get ready for it. I would assume that maybe some people realize it at ASU. Hate to see it.

Ok
Once revenue sharing is put in place with the NIL landscape, I think you will see several programs drop. Athletic departments are already making budget cuts to get ready for it. I would assume that maybe some people realize it at ASU. Hate to see it.
explain this revenue sharing in wrestling please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT