ADVERTISEMENT

****Official Random Thoughts That Don’t Need Their Own Thread Thread****

Pre 2000 cars were such a breeze to work on compared to today's. I remember being able to buy a Chilton or Haynes manual and with a few hand tools and beers, be able to fix anything besides an engine or transmission. Nowadays you need a special code from overseas and remove half the car with specialty tools just to get to a headlight or brake rotor.
That might be my issue also. One of the vehicles I have is the new styled Ford Escapes. To change the battery you have to remove about 57 things. I just paid a mechanic 50 bucks to do it, because I didn't want to **** with it- a battery!

My dodge, I could sit on the wheel well under the hood and have some room to move.

The last 20 years or so have witnessed some of the greatest television series in history. From The Wire, to Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Lost, to many others. At the same time the era has been plagued with crap reality TV shows too numerous to count.

The dichotomy in quality is staggering.

Why do some people think that every time is sprinkles, or every time a tomato plant sprouts at their manor in Florida do they race here to start a new thread?
This is where people should post about it raining in Florida.

My wife and I are both off all of next week. A few days ago I suggested we go to Indiana to see some of her family on her dad's side, before a planned trip top meet with a bunch of her cousins on her mom's side for our annual get drunk at a state park reunion. We get up Tuesday morning, drive to the small town her dad was born at, and see the fireworks at the county fair grounds. The wife basically tells me I'm stupid, and no.
This afternoon she tells me it's all set, her dad's side can't wait to see us on the 4th.
WTF?

My wife and I are both off all of next week. A few days ago I suggested we go to Indiana to see some of her family on her dad's side, before a planned trip top meet with a bunch of her cousins on her mom's side for our annual get drunk at a state park reunion. We get up Tuesday morning, drive to the small town her dad was born at, and see the fireworks at the county fair grounds. The wife basically tells me I'm stupid, and no.
This afternoon she tells me it's all set, her dad's side can't wait to see us on the 4th.
WTF?
Psst… All women are crazy. Every goddamned one of them.

WTF?
If you suggested to me that we go to Indiana I would (consciously) hear nothing past the word Indiana and I would call you stupid. Likely worse.

Then maybe my subconscious would let me know at some point whatever else it is you said after Indiana. So, like, if you said “we’ll attend several abortion parties whilst there, maybe even catch a trans drag queen children’s reading event” I might return to you with an “I’m in, let’s roll” response.

Could be your wife isn’t crazy. It’s just the “Indiana effect.”

If you suggested to me that we go to Indiana I would (consciously) hear nothing past the word Indiana and I would call you stupid. Likely worse.

Then maybe my subconscious would let me know at some point whatever else it is you said after Indiana. So, like, if you said “we’ll attend several abortion parties whilst there, maybe even catch a trans drag queen children’s reading event” I might return to you with an “I’m in, let’s roll” response.

Could be your wife isn’t crazy. It’s just the “Indiana effect.”
To be fair to Indiana, they have an excellent state parks system. We are going to hike at one, and kayak the Tippecanoe River at another.

WTF?
🤣 Just needed to be her idea.

Reactions: win4jj and lucas80
Why aren't determinate tomato plants sold anymore?
They are, just not in any box store. None of mine are determinate, but I’ll just top them off here soon.

I guess they’re not sold bc they aren’t really the strains people want anymore. I would love if mine were determinate so I wouldnt have to spend so much effort pruning them up.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
You know what supposed "sexy girls", I don't find the least bit attractive?

This one...
licensed-image

I wouldn't go to the Golden Corral for wings or ribs, no matter how many times they run that commercial during the coverage of the war in Ukraine.

Reactions: Moral
As I am currently sitting on the toilet, I am making up a parody song in my head to the tune of Bad Reputation by Freedy Johnston.

“I know I got some bad diarrhea, and it isn’t just soft soft soft…….”

States and Countries I don't care to ever go to:

Wisconsin
Minnesota
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Nebraska

India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
All of Africa except South Africa and Egypt
Anything that ends with "Stan"
Greenland
Northern Ireland

States and Countries I don't care to ever go to:

Wisconsin
Minnesota
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Nebraska

India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
All of Africa except South Africa and Egypt
Anything that ends with "Stan"
Greenland
Northern Ireland
Not even Tajikistan?

Missing out. Both are beautiful.

I could easily retire in either but I'm sure I won't as my kids will most likely be in Iowa.
I have no doubt they are. I wasn’t putting them in a negative light. Just saying if I miss out on them it’s not the end of the world.

Listening to Jim Rome Show. Dong Day, the day before the Smack Off, might actually be better than the Smack Off itself. Pregame hype and every caller getting run for lack of decorum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT