ADVERTISEMENT

*****OFFICIAL TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL THREAD*****

It is impossible for me to grasp how Cohen could be viewed as a reliable witness to actually prove Trump is guilty. The guy is a thief and serial liar. In what logical a non-biased circumstances is a guy like this viewed as being trustworthy?

New York.

Reactions: Scruddy
i don't' watch cable news, so i'm not up with the talking points regarding this trial

but aren't the election-related crimes regarding the undeclared contributions this money would be considered?

is this another one of these things where that people are pretending to not understand?

here's an article about the original FEC investigation being dropped:
There is evidently a crime that trump committed allowed them to
Elevate the payments to felonies. We are waiting to see what that crime is

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
There is evidently a crime that trump committed allowed them to
Elevate the payments to felonies. We are waiting to see what that crime is
right...when you say "waiting", are you expecting a press conference or some grand public event?

because its referenced in the court documents...right on the first page

there's violations of election laws (like what cohen served time for) and tax laws

this isn't complicated, but there's a handful of people on here just steadfastly dedicated to not understanding it.

right...when you say "waiting", are you expecting a press conference or some grand public event?

because its referenced in the court documents...right on the first page

there's violations of election laws (like what cohen served time for) and tax laws

this isn't complicated, but there's a handful of people on here just steadfastly dedicated to not understanding it.
“There is no crime”. ——DJT

That is all they need…

From jneffer's page 1:

"In order to execute the unlawful scheme, the participants violated election laws and made and caused false entries in the business records of various entities in New York. The participants also took steps that mis-characterized, for tax purposes, the true nature of the payments made in furtherance of the scheme."

Absolutely clear as mud...

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
From jneffer's page 1:

"In order to execute the unlawful scheme, the participants violated election laws and made and caused false entries in the business records of various entities in New York. The participants also took steps that mis-characterized, for tax purposes, the true nature of the payments made in furtherance of the scheme."

you're saying that's not clear? i honestly don't get it

it cites two different laws that were allegedly violated - election laws and tax laws

i really don't understand why this is a thing...do you need specific statutes cited? do you think that would make things easier to understand?

is there any writing or articles about why this is more complicated than it seems to me? i fully acknowledge that i'm no lawyer or all that particularly well versed in the nuances of ny state law. so its completely possible that i am actually missing something here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Paris
Episode 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reactions: Tom Paris
From jneffer's page 1:

Thank you

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
you're saying that's not clear? i honestly don't get it

it cites two different laws that were allegedly violated - election laws and tax laws

i really don't understand why this is a thing...do you need specific statutes cited? do you think that would make things easier to understand?
Don’t they need actually say what they are?

Like “jneffer violated a traffic law”

then you ask the court what they are and they tell you “it doesn’t matter” You are guilty

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers and Scruddy
“I’m testifying. I tell the truth ….I mean, all I can do is tell the truth. And the truth is that there’s no case. They have no case.”
~Donald Trump, 5/9/24, Trial Day11

Finally -as promised- Trump will get the opportunity to tell his story to the jury. He will be placed under oath and take the stand this week.

Don’t they need actually say what they are?

Like “jneffer violated a traffic law”

then you ask the court what they are and they tell you “it doesn’t matter” You are guilty
you understand that the contents of the public documents aren't the sole materials and information being presented during this weeks long trial, right?

Hmmmmmm, who’s inner circle was he in for 15+ years?🤔
I'm not saying Trump is a great guy or isn't even guilty of the crime. There is no way, however, that a star Witness like Cohen who is an absolutely untrustworthy person with an axe to grind should prove Trump's guilt to 12 jurors. That to me is unfathomable. Because of Cohen's past, it even shocks me he is able to convince one individual that this time he is telling the truth and he is "proving" Trump is guilty. Even in this trial, Cohen is admitting to crimes far worse than what Trump is accused of.

Reactions: ihhawk
Yes,.. at some point the Prosecution will have to identify the specific statutes they are charging and basing their arguments on.
do they have to charge him with those additional crimes and prove he did them? or do they have to show that he falsified business records with the intention of committing other crimes (like the election law violations that cohen has already plead guilty to and served time for)?

i honestly don't know that part

i don't want to act like i have all the answers for everything here. but i've seen you specifically (and others) doing this "what could the other alleged crimes possibly be?" act...when its already been made clear what those other alleged crimes were

do they have to charge him with those additional crimes and prove he did them? or do they have to show that he falsified business records with the intention of committing other crimes (like the election law violations that cohen has already plead guilty to and served time for)?

i don't want to act like i have all the answers for everything here. but i've seen you specifically (and others) doing this "what could the other alleged crimes possibly be?" act...when its already been made clear what those other alleged crimes were

They will have to prove that Trump personally and intentionally falsified business records in support of the furtherance of some other crime chargeable by the State of New York...

I would hope they would have to. Can you imagine a legal system that wouldn’t require it

They will have to prove that Trump personally and intentionally falsified business records in support of the furtherance of some other crime chargeable by the State of New York...
see...you say this, but the fact that you didn't understand things that were explicitly spelled out in the court documents makes me doubt you have any real idea what you're talking about

its why i asked if there was any other actual writing or reporting about this...

i've looked a little but haven't really found anything

is this a cable news talking point...this feels very "hannity-y" to me

see...you say this, but the fact that you didn't understand things that were explicitly spelled out in the court documents makes me doubt you have any real idea what you're talking about

That's fine,.. But the fact that you believe that anything is explicitly spelled out in these court documents tells me all I need to know about your understanding of this case.

Anyone who believes this is anything more than a sham political trial is a freaking moron. Even the most leftists of libs have admitted nobody but Trump would be charged with this utter bullshit.

The dumbocrats are ruining this country.
It seems like they are going after a guy who falsified business records. How is that political?

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky
So, just how many convicted felons and disbarred lawyers did Trump have as his emotional support team today? 4? 5?

Reactions: win4jj
Even though Cohen’s lawyer, Roberto Costello testified:

Costello testifies that Cohen said "numerous times" that Trump didn't know about the payments​

Roberto Costello testified, "Michael Cohen said numerous times that President Trump knew nothing about those payments. That he did this on his own. He repeated that numerous times." I am sure the Jury will believe Cohen over Costello. 🙄

Even though Cohen’s lawyer, Roberto Costello testified:

Costello testifies that Cohen said "numerous times" that Trump didn't know about the payments​

Roberto Costello testified, "Michael Cohen said numerous times that President Trump knew nothing about those payments. That he did this on his own. He repeated that numerous times." I am sure the Jury will believe Cohen over Costello. 🙄
Trump is such an honest business man and victim. Lol

I wonder how much Trump paid Costello for his testimony?
I'm not a lawyer, but rolling your eyes at the judge, and being rebuked for sass mouth is a bad look. The jury was removed from the room, but that is going to stick with them when deciding what to believe about Costello's testimony.

I wonder how much Trump paid Costello for his testimony?
I'm not a lawyer, but rolling your eyes at the judge, and being rebuked for sass mouth is a bad look. The jury was removed from the room, but that is going to stick with them when deciding what to believe about Costello's testimony.
I don't think the word of either of them can be trusted. Both Cohen and Costello have an axe to grind.

It is impossible for me to grasp how Cohen could be viewed as a reliable witness to actually prove Trump is guilty. The guy is a thief and serial liar. In what logical a non-biased circumstances is a guy like this viewed as being trustworthy?
In every criminal case I’ve covered - probably several dozen ranging from homicide to drunk driving to white collar fraud - other criminals and liars testify. It’s the nature of criminality. The jury’s job is to sift through the testimony and decide what is relevant and accurate.

Criminals and liars make up a large percentage of those who successfully testify against other criminals and liars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT