ADVERTISEMENT

*****OFFICIAL TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL THREAD*****

Guess Trump should stick to criming in red states or something the SCOTUS can bail him out of.
Your hopes of a conviction wouldn't be as high. Hinging on each star witness testimony, high fiving, ass slapping eachother....but anything to keep that candidate from running for president.

Big blunder by defense team to put Costello up. He got shredded on cross - only cross the prosecution had an opportunity to conduct.

Smart move for Trump not to testify. Only right answer.
It just stank of Trump having a mood and demanding someone testify for him. Costello doesn't have much of a reputation anymore as I understand it, so, of course he rotates around Trump. Is the argument one ethically challenged lawyer is a better witness than another ethically challenged lawyer?
Then Costello made a spectacle of himself, which the jury will remember.

It just stank of Trump having a mood and demanding someone testify for him. Costello doesn't have much of a reputation anymore as I understand it, so, of course he rotates around Trump. Is the argument one ethically challenged lawyer is a better witness than another ethically challenged lawyer?
Then Costello made a spectacle of himself, which the jury will remember.
The defense killed their chances with him. I wouldn't doubt that they didn't even want him but Trump demanded he testify.

I know I’ve said it before, but I don’t understand how or why people defend Trump and his sleazy and disgusting behavior/actions. The same people say he’s a great businessman but in reality he’s gone bankrupt many times and has been proven to be a fraud. He’s not an honest hard working man who built and empire… his daddy gave it to him. He’s not a religious person. He’s not a faithful husband. He’s constantly lying and being disrespectful towards others. I’m trying to find a single redeeming quality and I can’t and yet soooo many seem devoted to him without any true honest explanation.
Because he appeals to the angry people. He appeals to the people who are socially constrained from being a racist or a misogynist. He appeals to the people who are aggrieved that they cannot throw words like fa**ot, or ni**er around anymore. He does that for them. He was born rounding 3rd base with his pockets stuffed full of his dad's money, but so many people who aren't doing well think he's out there fighting for them.
Plus, it's a cult.

Don’t was only because of politics you say

I say this case is only because of politics
i'll respond to what i assume that first sentence means...

the campaign finance violations were real...they are part of what cohen plead guilty and served time for

the FEC decision to not pursue any further were based on the assumption that cohen was solely responsible for those campaign finance violations...which, i mean, i don't know how anyone would actually think that's true

unproved or unprovable, maybe...but untrue? come on...

Let's get an easy one out there:

Raise your hand if you are willing to convict someone of a crime though there wasn't an actual crime committed.
do we really not understand that "intent" is often applied in criminal cases?

if they arrest someone with a bunch of drugs, a scale, and baggies...the charge is usually "possession with intent to distribute" even though they might not have any proof the person was directly involved in a sale

i just served on jury duty earlier this year. guy got convicted based on having more weight than personal use and 1 single empty baggie in his pocket...he was guilty of possession with intent to distribute

do we really not understand that "intent" is often applied in criminal cases?

if they arrest someone with a bunch of drugs, a scale, and baggies...the charge is usually "possession with intent to distribute" even though they might not have any proof the person was directly involved in a sale

i just served on jury duty earlier this year. guy got convicted based on having more weight than personal use and 1 single empty baggie in his pocket...he was guilty of possession with intent to distribute
You don't seem to understand the glaring difference between those two scenarios.

You don't seem to understand the glaring difference between those two scenarios.
relatively simple violation of law (possession of drugs or falsifying of business records) gets elevated to more serious offense if the prosecution can show there was an intent to commit additional crimes - even if those additional crimes aren't proved to have occurred

i don't doubt that its more nuanced than that, but as to your "easy one" you asked above, i think the answer for everyone is "yes", unless you want to throw out a lot of drug-related convictions

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
relatively simple violation of law (possession of drugs or falsifying of business records) gets elevated to more serious offense if the prosecution can show there was an intent to commit additional crimes - even if those additional crimes aren't proved to have occurred

i don't doubt that its more nuanced than that, but as to your "easy one" you asked above, i think the answer for everyone is "yes", unless you want to throw out a lot of drug-related convictions
In addition to the amount did they also have evidence to support distribution? Text, phone calls ect?

Don’t was only because of politics you say

I say this case is only because of politics
Trump gets away with so much shit because of politics. Delays on documents case purely political. Jan. 6 th case delays political. Trump University Fraud no charges. Because Florida AG wants a job and got a bribe. Too many charity scam cases to remember. Really difficult time having empathy here because of politics. Bill Clinton and his numerous civil suits didn’t get any leeway. So why here.

Last edited:
Let's get an easy one out there:

Raise your hand if you are willing to convict someone of a crime though there wasn't an actual crime committed.

Yep.

Contract killing is actually a conspiracy crime - as are many others - I'd convict someone in a heartbeat over, given guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Yep.

Contract killing is actually a conspiracy crime - as are many others - I'd convict someone in a heartbeat over, given guilt beyond reasonable doubt.
You mean where you actually had a contract to show something was going to happen. Like if they could show evidence Trump was attempting to sell or distribute........

Reactions: ericram
You want to change the US political system to that in Europe?

Anyway, this is what happens when I bring this up. People ignore it or change the subject. What is the attraction or redeeming quality Trump possesses or has you supporting him?
Mostly how he ran the country. And it's not a level playing field with DOJ and big tech collision. The Biden family is comprised.

You want to change the US political system to that in Europe?

Anyway, this is what happens when I bring this up. People ignore it or change the subject. What is the attraction or redeeming quality Trump possesses or has you supporting him?
Can't help but notice you glanced past might which clearly answer these.

That’s a very general statement: how he ran the country. What specifically did he do that has you loyal to him regardless of all the terrible crap he’s done or been involved with?
The Bidens are compromised, the laptop is real. He didn't do the military dirty like how JB pulled out of Afghanistan and checking his watch when they brought the soldiers home. He enforced stay in Mexico border policy. Inflation didn't choke the American people. He didn't want to shut down the pipeline. He isn't a pushover to Xi and Putin. He made other countries pay their share. He got us through early covid. Are you just looking for a flaw in what I believe? Again that family is compromised. Not to mention JBs past comments about racial jungles, Obama, Charlamagne tha God interview. Giving the blessing for his dead sons widow to bang his crackhead son. Blow in the White House....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT