ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official White Sox 2019 Thread *****

I have a hunch colome and abreu are going to get dealt. I think teams will over pay for both. Abreu is hot and he might be a difference maker on a contender.

I have a hunch colome and abreu are going to get dealt. I think teams will over pay for both. Abreu is hot and he might be a difference maker on a contender.

If someone will overpay I am all for it. Less likely now than the old days, but you never know.

I realize it's just talk, but Hahn has had some recent comments that make it seem like Abreu is part of the long term plan.

Of course if there is a big offer I'm sure they'll listen.

I realize it's just talk, but Hahn has had some recent comments that make it seem like Abreu is part of the long term plan.

Of course if there is a big offer I'm sure they'll listen.
He seems like an awesome clubhouse guy, and his contract isn't bad at all, but he's bound to start falling off hard here in the next year or two I'd think?

Reactions: ThorneStockton
quyfuqacs6231.jpg

He seems like an awesome clubhouse guy, and his contract isn't bad at all, but he's bound to start falling off hard here in the next year or two I'd think?

I think we ride it out with Jose. He's a super clubhouse guy from all reports and that is important with as many young and Hispanic players. Really helps with Cuban free agents as well. We did just draft the first baseman of the future with the 3rd overall pick tonight. Abreu could be a DH guy in 2 years or so.

Was the drafting of this guy a big surprise? It seemed like all the talk was about the catcher

Was the drafting of this guy a big surprise? It seemed like all the talk was about the catcher

No. The catcher was projected to be gone and we are full on outfielders and no pitcher was really worthy of the 3 pick.

Jimenez....HELLO!!!! 2 3-run HR's vs the Yankees??? Quintana is a nice pitcher, but this trade is looking good for the Sox.

Plus Giolito is having another excellent game. 2 hits through 6.

Have not been this excited as a Sox fan for a while.

Sox hanging in there. If they can steal this one somehow, Giolito is pitching tomorrow.

This is a brutal stretch of tough games. Tough for a team with this rotation outside of Giolito.

Well pitched game by Nova.
Screw job on Jose at best probably cost Sox the game. Bummer tough,tho.
Hang in,Sox.

The White Sox have a nucleus of young studs who
can hit home runs and be an offensive threat. Abreu
will be their mentor and leader. The White Sox will
be able to compete with the Cubs as their pitching
staff continues to develop. Renteria could be a
better manager than Maddon when history is finally
written.

Reactions: hawkssox1
OK I spoke too soon. I guess the last 3 years will do that to you.

Coming back even with Lester getting a double wide plate.

Sox go 7-8 in brutal 15 game stretch. It could have been worse. But a series win over the Twins is good.

As is the fact that the Sox have 3 All Stars in Giolito, Abreu and McCann. All very deserving.
Moncada absolutely should be on the team as well. Hope he somehow gets added late.

I'm surprised Abreu made it, his RBI numbers stand out, but the rest are not all that great. That said, I'm glad he made it.

Sox win a double header. Moncada with a moon shot for his second HR of the second game AND José walks it off in the 12th. Awesome.

https://bdata-producedclips.mlb.com/df887e53-6c88-4244-9584-f906304dff30.mp4

https://bdata-producedclips.mlb.com/2e8c5a04-0d5d-4821-afc3-8bd6c3c2e442.mp4

Yesterday was awesome for me: White Sox win two walk-offs, Fire beat defending champs Atlanta UTD 5-1, and USA denies Jamaica a third straight Gold Cup Final to head to a final showdown with Mexico in Chicago.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Yesterday was awesome for me: White Sox win two walk-offs, Fire beat defending champs Atlanta UTD 5-1, and USA denies Jamaica a third straight Gold Cup Final to head to a final showdown with Mexico in Chicago.

I was only able to watch the US until the end of the Sox game when we left the bar. I saw our first goal, I need to go find some highlights. What's your take on the new manager?

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Nice sweep of Tigers.
One game shy of. 500.
Good time to catch the Cubs this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT