ADVERTISEMENT

Oh no Righties! Inflation coming down

You don’t find it crazy stuff is still rising at 5%? That’s 5% on top of the 50% rise things like food/housing have seen

No given the giant amount of liquidity that was pumped into the system. Its tapering off now...as it should when you raise interest rates

Reactions: Lindemann
No given the giant amount of liquidity that was pumped into the system. Its tapering off now...as it should when you raise interest rates
No shit? Problem is we didn’t just hammer rates higher over a year ago.

Or US farmers
We can agree on something there. The amount of money handed out during covid to people unaffected by covid got us into this disaster.
But, I’d rather take care of people at home who provide food for the world than sending money to Ukraine

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I'm just gonna leave this here:

At least we're not alone.

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Saudi Arabia said Sunday it will cut oil production by 500,000 barrels per day from May until the end of 2023, a move that could raise prices worldwide.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/saudis-cut-oil-production-500000-barrels-day-rcna77826

Maybe we should get Trump or Jared Kushner to talk to their goodest, bestest friends about this?

Reactions: lucas80
What an odd reply.
Really, we're all just victims of inflation with no power to respond to it? I realize there are certain purchases that cannot be avoided, but subs and chips aren't on that list, unless you're a lazy fatty. Start voting with your dollars or more effectively keep your dollars in your bank accounts.

Or you can just act like a consumer zombie and keep shoveling your money over and say it's fine, there's nothing that can be done.

Really, we're all just victims of inflation with no power to respond to it? I realize there are certain purchases that cannot be avoided, but subs and chips aren't on that list, unless you're a lazy fatty. Start voting with your dollars or more effectively keep your dollars in your bank accounts.

Or you can just act like a consumer zombie and keep shoveling your money over and say it's fine, there's nothing that can be done.

HORTGOAT is 40% lazy fatties.

The dumb thing is that most of the inflation isn't on Joe Biden. Money supply shot up in March of 2020. It just took a year and a half for people to start spending it.

Was she forced to at gunpoint? I'm fairly sure they post their menu prices so people can make an informed decision on what they're intending to buy.
So in a thread about inflation, I bring up an example of inflation and that's your response?

Them, "Man, gas prices sure have soared!"
You, "Were you forced at gunpoint to buy the gas?"

Them, "Man, eggs sure are pricey these days!"
You, "Were you forced at gunpoint to buy the eggs?"

Them, "Holy smokes, it cost me $100 bucks to take my family to the movies and get some snacks from the concession stand!"
You, "Were you forced at gunpoint to take them to the movie?"

You'd have performed well in debate club.
What an odd reply.
Exactly.

So in a thread about inflation, I bring up an example of inflation and that's your response?

Them, "Man, gas prices sure have soared!"
You, "Were you forced at gunpoint to buy the gas?"

Them, "Man, eggs sure are pricey these days!"
You, "Were you forced at gunpoint to buy the eggs?"

Them, "Holy smokes, it cost me $100 bucks to take my family to the movies and get some snacks from the concession stand!"
You, "Were you forced at gunpoint to take them to the movie?"

You'd have performed well in debate club.

Exactly.
See Post #24

• Haha
Reactions: Ehhhdolph
Maybe quit sending Ukraine billions?
That will lower inflation.... Those good are being destroyed with no intent for them to be paid back. Essentially evaporating money out of the system.

Seems like a good deal. She paid $69 last week for my footlong.
ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT