ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio votes to make abortion rights protected in their constitution

You may have posted something earlier that shows it, but i will ask instead of going back through 8 pages of posts:

Link to poll showing that 15 weeks is what the majority of americans are willing to accept?
Given that polls are highly flawed because they rely on people who answer anonymous calls and are willing to be polled. We have seen the disconnect between polls and actual voting.

As i have said, Dems dont give a damn about abortion. If they did, they wouldve codified Roe when they had control of congress. Now they can use it the political football like repubs did for all these years.

So i am curious why you assert that the compromise from the dems should be going to what a majority of republicans support? I get it that 9 in 10 include the 0-6 week folk, but 15 weeks is a republican position.

Also i see you did not respond to my inquiry re: your claim that democrats support 40 week abortions
If I claimed that, then I was incorrect. I would like the democrats to give me a clear definition of what they support. If they support any decision made between the woman and their doctor, then I’m assuming up to 40 weeks.

You’ve stated you support this. I’ve stated I support this. If we are saying we don’t want a law restricting abortion, then we are in favor of up to 40 weeks. Apparently this is a right wing talking point that doesn’t really exist. So if it’s not what the Democrats support, then what is their actual stance on the matter? That’s what I’m asking and can we reach a compromise where the majority of the US population agrees?

It depends on the scenario.

Lying to save lives could be acceptable like if a person was hiding Jews in their attic during the Holocaust.

Regardless, it's not nearly as evil as killing an innocent life.
So there are levels of sin? If you only lie a bunch and don't kill anyone you will get a pass? Is there a chart that lays out what the levels of sin are and how much it costs you?

You're a hypocritical farce.

If I claimed that, then I was incorrect. I would like the democrats to give me a clear definition of what they support. If they support any decision made between the woman and their doctor, then I’m assuming up to 40 weeks.

You’ve stated you support this. I’ve stated I support this. If we are saying we don’t want a law restricting abortion, then we are in favor of up to 40 weeks. Apparently this is a right wing talking point that doesn’t really exist. So if it’s not what the Democrats support, then what is their actual stance on the matter? That’s what I’m asking and can we reach a compromise where the majority of the US population agrees?
It was Roe.

So there are levels of sin? If you only lie a bunch and don't kill anyone you will get a pass? Is there a chart that lays out what the levels of sin are and how much it costs you?

You're a hypocritical farce.

Yes.

There are venial sins (minor) and mortal sins (major)

You should study theology and go to Church. It will help you when you're dead.

Masstimes.org

Last edited:
Yes.

There are venial sins (minor) and mortal sins (major)

You should study theology and go to Church. It will help you when you're dead.

Masstimes.org
Only two levels though? Like misdemeanor and felony? Will misdemeanors keep you out of heaven? If not, are there any amount of misdemeanors that will accumulate to a felony level? If so, does the distinction really matter?

Very vague. I wonder why.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Only two levels though? Like misdemeanor and felony? Will misdemeanors keep you out of heaven? If not, are there any amount of misdemeanors that will accumulate to a felony level? If so, does the distinction really matter?

Very vague. I wonder why.

Unrepentant mortal sins lead to eternal woe.

Catholic.com has thousands of articles you can search.

• Haha
So a man having sex with another man is not a sin? Is that what you're saying?

Or are you trying to use semantics to say "being" gay is not a sin as long as someone doesn't act upon it?

Any sexual act outside of a lifelong marriage between a man and woman is considered a sin.

Jesus said if we lust in our hearts, we've committed adultery. He also said marriage was a lifelong union between a man and woman.

• Haha
oooohhh...I feel another brian meltdown coming on!

Nah.

I've changed.

Abortion is 100% killing an unborn life.

That's not even debatable. Have a nice day.
Your postings about the beginning of life from a biological point don’t move the needle for me, personally.

Is a mass of cells that is actively duplicating “life”? Yes, I agree. But only in the same way that a wart or mass of cancer is “life.”

It’s not yet a human being with a soul/spirit. It merely has the potential to be. So if you call aborting an embryo a sin, to me it’s exactly on par with a man masturbating or a woman simply having her period.

Any sexual act outside of a lifelong marriage between a man and woman is considered a sin.

Jesus said if we lust in our hearts, we've committed adultery. He also said marriage was a lifelong union between a man and woman.
So you were using semantics. So transparent.

And being gay, even in a marriage, is a felony. As is lust, even for a fiancee that you then marry. Got it.

These are the types of laws you and your brethren are pushing for. SMFH

Nah.

I've changed.

Yet here you are.

****ing hypocrite.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
Your postings about the beginning of life from a biological point don’t move the needle for me, personally.

Is a mass of cells that is actively duplicating “life”? Yes, I agree. But only in the same way that a wart or mass of cancer is “life.”

It’s not yet a human being with a soul/spirit. It merely has the potential to be. So if you call aborting an embryo a sin, to me it’s exactly on par with a man masturbating or a woman simply having her period.

You can believe whatever you want but abortion is still terminating a pregnancy which is killing a life.

The scientific consensus is that life begins at conception.

Last edited:
So you were using semantics. So transparent.

And being gay, even in a marriage, is a felony. As is lust, even for a fiancee that you then marry. Got it.

These are the types of laws you and your brethren are pushing for. SMFH

I've only voted Democratic in elections since I was eligible to vote. I did vote for one moderate republican named Larry Hogan.

I think Trump is the worst President of all time.

Why are you so adamant about 15 weeks though?

You can believe whatever you want but abortion is still terminating a pregnancy which is killing a life.

The scientific consensus is that life begins at conception.
I guess I must draw a much bigger distinction between killing a life form and killing a human being.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Why are you so adamant about 15 weeks though?
I am not adamant about 15. That’s the number Republicans have thrown out. I’d really like to know what Democrats think is an acceptable compromise. So far, a lot of dodging that question. When you can’t answer that question, then that leads to Republicans saying Democrats want abortions up to term. I’ve been told that’s a right wing talking point. So I’m asking, where to Democrats really fall on this issue. If 15 weeks is not acceptable, then what is?

I am not adamant about 15. That’s the number Republicans have thrown out. I’d really like to know what Democrats think is an acceptable compromise. So far, a lot of dodging that question. When you can’t answer that question, then that leads to Republicans saying Democrats want abortions up to term. I’ve been told that’s a right wing talking point. So I’m asking, where to Democrats really fall on this issue. If 15 weeks is not acceptable, then what is?

26 weeks

By the time 50% or more are viable.
With exceptions as determined by ANY doctor to preserve the health of the patient.

I think the biggest issue with 15 weeks is that most ultrasounds aren't done until around 20 weeks. I think there could be a compromise if a ban, say at 20 weeks, allowed for the common exceptions. Remember, the Republicans weren't on board with Graham's proposal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT