ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio votes to make abortion rights protected in their constitution

There were definitely other religions before Christianity.

I already posted the Letter of Saint Ignatius of Antioch dated from 110 A.D. where he mentions the "Catholic Church."

The word "Catholic" means "universal" in Greek. It's the original Christian Church.

Jesus was definitely Jewish. He was the Jewish Messiah who opened up Judaism to the whole world, including gentiles, which is the Catholic Church.

That's the "good news" of the Gospel. :)

(I don't expect to convince anyone.)
How old is Earth? Did dinosaurs exist?

I showed you the history. Read the letter from Ignatius of Antioch from the year 110 A.D.

If you can show me which Church is the original, I'm all eyes.
The are claims by Catholics you keep bringing up. The Eastern Orthodox Church also claims to be the first. Should I start spouting their reasons. Dearest Brian.

Jesus himself could come from heaven and tell you but you wouldn't believe him either if it was contrary to what you've been taught by your denomination.

That's not true. I believe because of the historical record. I've shown it to you and you deflect and ignore.

What do you think is the first church?

Baptist?

The are claims by Catholics you keep bringing up. The Eastern Orthodox Church also claims to be the first. Should I start spouting their reasons. Dearest Brian.

I posted earlier in the thread the only other church with that claim is the Orthodox church.

It is a historical fact to Catholics based on Catholic facts. Are you really stating there was no Church before Catholicism?

What are "Catholic facts?"

Here's the letter from Ignatius of Antioch from the year 110 A.D.

"Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."

What are "Catholic facts?"

Here's the letter from Ignatius of Antioch from the year 110 A.D.

"Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."

St. Ignatius was a Catholic. You keep repeating Catholic claims. You also take everything literally from the past. That is hilarious. Edit: Again. Are you stating that there was no Church before Catholicism? You might want to read up on Paleochristianity.

St. Ignatius was a Catholic. You keep repeating Catholic claims. You also take everything literally from the past. That is hilarious. Edit: Again. Are you stating that there was no Church before Catholicism?

What difference does it make that he was Catholic?? 😆

That's my entire point. The early Church was Catholic.

What difference does it make that he was Catholic?? 😆

That's my entire point. The early Church was Catholic.
Again. You might want to do some research on paleochristianity. It is hilarious that you believe that the Catholic Church was the first Church. You still won't respond to that. Again. You believe that there was no Church before Catholicism?

Again. You might want to do some research on paleochristianity. It is hilarious that you believe that the Catholic Church was the first Church. You still won't respond to that. Again. You believe that there was no Church before Catholicism?

I've done all the research, thanks.

Jesus said to Peter: "Upon this rock, I build my Church" then Peter went to Rome, became first Pope and was crucified upside down by Nero.

That's how the Catholic Church began.

I've done all the research, thanks.

Jesus said to Peter: "Upon this rock, I build my Church" then Peter went to Rome, became first Pope and was crucified upside down by Nero.

That's how the Catholic Church began.
You are no different than a person that get their info from watching Fox News or reading the Palmer Report.

You aren't stating history you are repeating what history you believe. You take the Bible literally.

You have not shown any historical data to conflict with Peter being first Pope.

I take Apostolic succession literally because it's history.

You have not shown any historical data to conflict with Peter being first Pope.

I take Apostolic succession literally because it's history.
What does Peter bering the first Pope have to do with your statement that there was no Church before the Catholic Church? You aren't staying on point and won't answer my question. Was there no Church before Catholicism?

What does Peter bering the first Pope have to do with your statement that there was no Church before the Catholic Church? You aren't staying on point and won't answer my question. Was there no Church before Catholicism?

Because Jesus made Peter the first Pope.

There was no Church before Jesus made Peter the Pope.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Peter wasn't even the first Pope. You aren't good at this.
There is no biblical or historical evidence for the claims of the Roman Catholic church that Peter was the first pope. In fact there is no evidence that there even was a pope in the first century. Even Catholic historians recognize this as a historical fact. ...We honor Peter and in fact some of our churches are named after him, but he was not the first pope, nor was he Roman Catholic. If you read his first letter, you will see that he did not teach a Roman hierarchy, but that all Christians are royal priests.[91]

Peter wasn't even the first Pope. You aren't good at this.

Yes, he was.

Who do you think was the first Pope?

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
There is no biblical or historical evidence for the claims of the Roman Catholic church that Peter was the first pope. In fact there is no evidence that there even was a pope in the first century. Even Catholic historians recognize this as a historical fact. ...We honor Peter and in fact some of our churches are named after him, but he was not the first pope, nor was he Roman Catholic. If you read his first letter, you will see that he did not teach a Roman hierarchy, but that all Christians are royal priests.[91]

That's a link from a Lutheran site, which was founded by Martin Luther.

It's false.

Yes, he was.

Who do you think was the first Pope?

You are a scary reborn. There is nothing anyone can say that will make you sway in any of your beliefs of the Catholic Church. You can't have a reasonable discussion. You are quoting the Bible instead of actual historians. You do you.

You are a scary reborn. There is nothing anyone can say that will make you sway in any of your beliefs of the Catholic Church. You can't have a reasonable discussion. You are quoting the Bible instead of actual historians. You do you.

All you're doing is deflecting. Who was the first Pope?

Peter's tomb was found in Rome. This is a secular site.

Why is it false? And you just proved you blind devotion to Catholic information.

It's false because it claimed there was no Scriptural backing for Peter as Pope, which is false.

You are one rigid atheist, dude.

Your dedication to atheism is sad.

You are seriously brainwashed. I honestly feel sorry for you.

Instead of the ad hominem attacks, prove it wrong.

You're so deep into atheism. It won't help you when you're dead.

You are literally wasting your life on atheism.

It's false because it claimed there was no Scriptural backing for Peter as Pope, which is false.

You are one rigid atheist, dude.

Your dedication to atheism is sad.
Again. You take the Bible literally. There is no discussion with people like you. I am sure there was zero problems with translation and the big game of telephone when the Bible was written way after Jesus. You really need this belief in your life. That is your prerogative.

Again. You take the Bible literally. There is no discussion with people like you. I am sure there was zero problems with translation and the big game of telephone when the Bible was written way after Jesus. You really need this belief in your life. That is your prerogative.

I take parts of the Bible literally, sure.

You are so deep into atheism you won't even answer basic questions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT