ADVERTISEMENT

Okay Beacon OTers. Shall we do a presidential poll?

If the election were held this Tuesday, whom are you voting for?

• Total voters
Not really. For the record I am for 2nd being adjusted based off screenings, types of guns etc. but whether they like it or not Democrats are connected to men playing women's sports, defund the police, etc.
Regarding the 2nd Amendment, you seem to be aligned with Democrats and opposed to Republicans based on the legislation that's been introduced over the past several decades. Regarding biological males in women's sport, I can't find any stance attributed to Harris or Walz. There are certainly elements within the Democratic Party on the Left that are in favor of that (and "defunding the police"), but they aren't in control of the Party and there's no evidence of widespread support for legislation. Maybe the Democratic Party and Harris/Walz aren't as radical as some would have you believe.

Free healthcare for illegals.
Wealth redistribution.
Reduce the population.
1. Basic healthcare should be considered a human right. If believing that all lives are of value is radical, then I'm guilty as charged.
2. There has been massive redistribution of wealth in the U.S. over the past 4+ decades. Stemming that wouldn't be radical.
3. We've covered this. Finite resources can't support infinite growth. I don't think this is a radical notion, but you disagree.

Reactions: artradley
Regarding the 2nd Amendment, you seem to be aligned with Democrats and opposed to Republicans based on the legislation that's been introduced over the past several decades. Regarding biological males in women's sport, I can't find any stance attributed to Harris or Walz. There are certainly elements within the Democratic Party on the Left that are in favor of that (and "defunding the police"), but they aren't in control of the Party and there's no evidence of widespread support for legislation. Maybe the Democratic Party and Harris/Walz aren't as radical as some would have you believe.
There is the conundrum though. You have people like me who won't vote Trump but will not support "Radical Democrat" policies like men in women's sports.
I believe Harris was a supporter of "Defund the Police" but was a vicious prosecutor of non violent drug crimes in the past, so the Libertarian in me will not vote for her. Almost forgot she cackled about smoking weed while doing this.
Long story short I think MAGA is more radical but I believe Harris/Walz have no issue riding the political wave no matter how extreme.

P.S. I think you are a solid poster and ask questions without judging.

Reactions: mthawkeyes
There is the conundrum though. You have people like me who won't vote Trump but will not support "Radical Democrat" policies like men in women's sports.
I believe Harris was a supporter of "Defund the Police" but was a vicious prosecutor of non violent drug crimes in the past, so the Libertarian in me will not vote for her. Almost forgot she cackled about smoking weed while doing this.
Long story short I think MAGA is more radical but I believe Harris/Walz have no issue riding the political wave no matter how extreme.

P.S. I think you are a solid poster and ask questions without judging.
I agree that Harris seems like a more calculating career politician. (Not in a positive or negative way, just that it seems her career trajectory, including her stint as a prosecutor, were planned out as stepping stones.) Walz definitely doesn't seem like someone who has had that same desire to be a politician or in a position of power since early adulthood. It seems as if he was always service-oriented and eventually thought that he would try his hand at serving in the state legislature, and his political career took off from there. Maybe the shine will wear off eventually (he's a human and I'm sure there are some of his ideas with which I disagree), but at this point he seems to me the type of servant-leader that we so desperately need.

As to your last point, I try to do a decent job of applying evidence and reasoning to make an argument (but not always successfully). It can also be a struggle to avoid getting stuck in an information silo, and I have certainly been guilty of that from time to time. You are a good poster, I just think you may have allowed the outrage industry to shape your opinions with regard to what most Democrats, and Harris/Walz in particular, believe and want to be codified into law.

I agree that Harris seems like a more calculating career politician. (Not in a positive or negative way, just that it seems her career trajectory, including her stint as a prosecutor, were planned out as stepping stones.) Walz definitely doesn't seem like someone who has had that same desire to be a politician or in a position of power since early adulthood. It seems as if he was always service-oriented and eventually thought that he would try his hand at serving in the state legislature, and his political career took off from there. Maybe the shine will wear off eventually (he's a human and I'm sure there are some of his ideas with which I disagree), but at this point he seems to me the type of servant-leader that we so desperately need.

As to your last point, I try to do a decent job of applying evidence and reasoning to make an argument (but not always successfully). It can also be a struggle to avoid getting stuck in an information silo, and I have certainly been guilty of that from time to time. You are a good poster, I just think you may have allowed the outrage industry to shape your opinions with regard to what most Democrats, and Harris/Walz in particular, believe and want to be codified into law.
I can see that and appreciate you. I'm only 31 and the last time I was excited to vote was my first in '12 With Obama. I agree outrage hasn't helped but Harris was polled as an absolutely awful VP and Prez candidate and now I'm blindly suppose to think she's the next coming of Virgin Mary?
That's where people like me say F it.

Reactions: mthawkeyes
I can see that and appreciate you. I'm only 31 and the last time I was excited to vote was my first in '12 With Obama. I agree outrage hasn't helped but Harris was polled as an absolutely awful VP and Prez candidate and now I'm blindly suppose to think she's the next coming of Virgin Mary?
Obama never took your guns. Biden never took your guns. Harris won't take your guns. But guess what Trump did? He did lead a coup. Your Harris handwringing is ridiculous

I would just take the time to evaluate the policies and values of the candidates and their respective parties. Look at their party platforms, but also what type of legislation have they supported and/or passed? What type of legislation have they let die? Who are their big donors and what are their goals? What do the key players in their campaign want?

For our system to function effectively, there needs to be critical mass of people who take the address these types of questions, and it requires some time and mental effort.

Yes. It's absolutely ridiculous. I ****ing hate Romneys policies. I hate Haley's policies. I hate Cheney's policies. But if the election was between them and Trump, I would vote for them in a heart beat.
Well based off my upbringing and values I hate Trump and Biden

If you're only going to vote for the person that "excites" you, we're better off if you don't vote. People are "excited" to vote for Trump. Looking for the candidate that gets you excited got us where we are now. Which party best represents your values? If that doesn't work for you...which party is an unmitigated, anti-democratic, dumpster fire? It's impossible to "both sides" that question.

That you can conflate those two speaks irredeemably poorly to your upbringing and values.
I was raised by 2 minorities. Have a 1/2/1/2 black sister and had handicapped grandparents and best friend has a non binary child. Keep assuming what I believe in bitch

Wild that two minorities raising me upset you babe
LOL...that you think that matters is funny. You think only minorities can instill values and morals? Or they can do it better somehow? Whatever you think of Biden, that you can put him in the same box as a reprehensible sack of crap like Trump is incomprehensible. Either your "two minorities" failed you or you've failed them.

• Sad
Reactions: ButtersHawk
I was raised by 2 minorities. Have a 1/2/1/2 black sister and had handicapped grandparents and best friend has a non binary child. Keep assuming what I believe in bitch
I'm assuming nothing. You can't discern the moral chasm that exists between Biden and Trump. I could assume that extends to Harris, as well...but I won't.

LOL...that you think that matters is funny. You think only minorities can instill values and morals? Or they can do it better somehow? Whatever you think of Biden, that you can put him in the same box as a reprehensible sack of crap like Trump is incomprehensible. Either your "two minorities" failed you or you've failed them.
I think their sole focus was to raise me to confuse you beautiful

LMAO at all the board MAGAs totally voting for Trump too embarrassed to admit and answering they are not voting. Just perfect beta cuck stuff.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT