ADVERTISEMENT

Okie St. PBP

I’m a half glass full guy. Hard to take away any positives from Bowman and Lee matches but there’s some stuff to like as we approach March. Murin and Wilcke.... same as it ever was get to your damn offense sooner and push the pace. Warner just needs to be smarter there in the 3rd and he wins that match. Desanto got caught in a leg ride and Fix was stalling the whole period. Stoll got out from bottom! Hopefully he can find his offense again in March.

Reactions: Jackhawk87
Brah all I’ve done is roast people on here, when your fan bases typical go to’s of Sandusky, Carl and cheating don’t work, you guys start begging me to stop being a bully, that’s when I know I have you all on your knees hahahaha
Maybe you misunderstood. I think you’re an idiot, and take whatever you post with that in mind.

What a frustrating dual. Top 10 most disappointing and just head scratching I’ve watched. Wow. A lot of things and individuals need improvement.
Absolutely true. Started badly, and kept going badly. We saw the worst performance from everyone this meet, but I think we'll do better at Nationals. Most of all, it's score early and often. Needs more first period dominance and last period heart.

Reactions: Iowabandwagon
This meet was by far the most disappointing Iowa sporting event this year.

In the replay you can clearly see one of Spencer's shoulders bridged off the mat. Fastest pin I've ever seen called. Wtf was that.

Home cooking already. Fix backs straight off the mat - no stalling.

Nice stall ride and choke. Wtf is this dual so far.

And no stall call on Brock there when he literally went flat with arms out? Even commentators mentioned that's FS defense.

How many times can John Smith throw the challenge brick in one meet. He's really trying to challenge a hands to the face? This is abusing the rule. Chicken shit coaching. GTFO with this shit.

How in the fk is that stalling yet Jacobe can straight back off the mat in the first.

How was that not a TD?

Weigel literally running him out of bounds.
I can't watch this. This ref is god damn horrible.

He locked his hands twice! Why does Smith get to give his wrestler a breather! Wtf is this shit.

He literally just gave his wrestler a 2 minute break. Weigels running Warner out of bounds 4x now. Called for stalling once.

How was that not a TD?

Bigger shock? Lee being flattened or not one Hawk fan telling this guy to just STFU and quit embarrassing the fanbase.

Give OSU credit and move on. They were better today. Fvck all you Ped St trolls!

^^^^^ The way Hawk fans used to handle a good old fashioned butt whooping. ^^^^^

I’m a half glass full guy. Hard to take away any positives from Bowman and Lee matches but there’s some stuff to like as we approach March. Murin and Wilcke.... same as it ever was get to your damn offense sooner and push the pace. Warner just needs to be smarter there in the 3rd and he wins that match. Desanto got caught in a leg ride and Fix was stalling the whole period. Stoll got out from bottom! Hopefully he can find his offense again in March.
And Lugo had a great match vs the #6 ranked guy!

Good observations. I'm not sure what to think about Lee. He looks great against most, but not against NW and Okie. Bowman just doesn't look to have any physical power at this weight. I applaud him for being an amazing athlete and team player, but this weight loss just didn't do him any favors. I think Murin and Wilcke can do well at B10s if they get on their offense earlier...both wait too long to get it going. Stoll is where most of you thought he would be. I thought he would be better by now, but not yet. Hopefully it'll all come together by NCAAs. Warner (or the coaches) were just silly. The opposition was gassed and right where they wanted him...not sure why Warner tried to ride ride him in the 3rd; cut him and then take him down. Bull and Desanto looked great (despite the loss to Fix) and both (along with Lee) have a solid chance of winning it all. Go Hawks!!

Reactions: Hawkeye1991
Been going to meets for over 30 years, do not post much, but a very discouraging display of wrestling by the Hawks. Hard to polish a turd.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Bigger shock? Lee being flattened or not one Hawk fan telling this guy to just STFU and quit embarrassing the fanbase.

^^^^^ The way Hawk fans used to handle a good old fashioned butt whooping. ^^^^^

This is a pbp thread. Iowa loses today regardless but that was a poorly ref'd meet. CP pointed it out as well. Not good for the sport when the refs aren't even calling it by the rules (or when coaches are challenging looking for hands to the face). Imo the sport is in a bad place right now in terms of reffing, rules, and rule enforcement. Too much gamesmanship. Lack of consistency.

The fact you are spending your Sunday here as a PSU fan trolling is sad. Idk if you know how sport message boards work but fans are going to rant on their own teams board. You're an incredibly poor sport coming here and shit talking during / right following a meet. I assure you the Iowa fans are frustrated enough over this dual. The heavy overrun of opposing team fans shit talking as poor sports and trolls isn't welcome. BWI doesn't tolerate it. Idk why this board does other than we really don't have any mods on HR who are wrestling fans. Not a single mod posts here. They clean up the extreme shit when reported but it's mostly a free for all. I used to be in favor of that as I never foresaw a college wrestling board reaching 4chan levels but I've been proven wrong. It's gotten worse here every year. Iowa isn't on top anymore you think PSU fans would enjoy their success without the need to come here and behave in this manner.

We knew going in that we could possibly win 7 or 8 matches and we could possibly lose 7 or eight matches and nothing I saw today changed that. Only real surprise was Lee as I still believe Lee is in a class of his own when healthy so even that wasn't a complete shock due to outside factors. We lost 4 close matches and got pinned twice, if we wrestled tomorrow the outcome could very well change! Lastly if all you people would just not give all these ignorant trolls any verbal back and forths I believe they would just go away, but they stay because so many of you choose to engage them no matter how stupid their posts are. Thank God for the ignore button. Oh and a big thanks to Big Ol Douche for giving me the ok to put him on ignore cuz that made it guilt free!!

Whats BAU for Iowa wrestling? (I mean, come on.....) They lose 1 f'in dual this year and you cant handle it? (The pessimist would say it's against the one highly ranked team we faced this year......I'm not a pessimist though.) Lets see how they bounce back in 2-4 weeks. (Okay....) Maybe you should take a break (Maybe you should take a break? "Why would I take a break?" I don't know. You seem to know when someone else needs to take a break, so I figured you have experience doing that yourself......or maybe come up with a better comeback than that whenever an Iowa fan has something negative to say about Iowa wrestling on the Iowa wrestling board......does that bother you?......If so, maybe you should take a break? :eek::eek::eek:)
You don't seem like the type that would play the game for very long if things aren't going your way. I guess we'll see what kind of patience you possess.

P.S. Bet you didn't think it would go down like this when you tried to be the message board hero and chastise yet another Iowa fan about making a negative comment on the wrestling board, huh..............:cool:

Now let's see what witty, non-dismissive "you're not worth my time" post you can come up with. :)

Absolutely. Nothing but an excuse every match and calling out BWI for being banned. Ask him why he was banned? Nothing like using an F bomb toward posters. Even asked smalls the other day to check it out why he was banned. He knows exactly why and he was on there damn near daily.

Don’t spend any mental energy on others who are here to stir the pot. Opposing fans who come here to stir the pot are usually insecure people who like to project they are the ones putting on the singlet representing PSU, OSU, etc. No, you’re just a fan.

Hawks lost. Life continues on and keep moving forward and keep growing. Disappointing dual? Absolutely. Teams generally wrestle tougher at home. OSU deserved the win.

This is a pbp thread. Iowa loses today regardless but that was a poorly ref'd meet. CP pointed it out as well. Not good for the sport when the refs aren't even calling it by the rules (or when coaches are challenging looking for hands to the face). Imo the sport is in a bad place right now in terms of reffing, rules, and rule enforcement. Too much gamesmanship. Lack of consistency.

The fact you are spending your Sunday here as a PSU fan trolling is sad. Idk if you know how sport message boards work but fans are going to rant on their own teams board. You're an incredibly poor sport coming here and shit talking during / right following a meet. I assure you the Iowa fans are frustrated enough over this dual. The heavy overrun of opposing team fans shit talking as poor sports and trolls isn't welcome. BWI doesn't tolerate it. Idk why this board does other than we really don't have any mods on HR who are wrestling fans. Not a single mod posts here. They clean up the extreme shit when reported but it's mostly a free for all. I used to be in favor of that as I never foresaw a college wrestling board reaching 4chan levels but I've been proven wrong. It's gotten worse here every year. Iowa isn't on top anymore you think PSU fans would enjoy their success without the need to come here and behave in this manner.
Dude you were blaming stalling over a week before the match. Just look at your posts.

Ok so here’s where I’m at after this meet for guys that can make a deep run.

Lee can and will make another run and will beat Rivera and Picc in the tournament.

I expect Desanto to make a big run and can absolutely win the whole damn thing.

Murin can absolutely make a run but I expect he will finish outside AA.

Logo is looking good! I expect an AA placement for sure.

Young is kinda weird, wins matches but doesn’t look great. I expect low AA placement.

Bull can will be make at run at the title, the question is whether he will beat Joseph.

Bowman is struggling at 74. Just hoping he can get qualified and maybe go 2-2 at nationals.

Wilcke has been a little frustrating. We all know there’s more there but he just can’t tap into it. One thing we know is that he does wrestle his best in March. I expect him to get over the hump this year and AA.

I like Warner and he’s gotten better. That’s a match he’s going to win in March. I really think he’s gonna high AA. The only question is who’s gonna step on the mat to get diamantled by Nickal.

Stoll looked a little better today. I expect him to AA again.

Reactions: evashevsky58
Absolutely. Nothing but an excuse every match and calling out BWI for being banned. Ask him why he was banned? Nothing like using an F bomb toward posters. Even asked smalls the other day to check it out why he was banned. He knows exactly why and he was on there damn near daily.

Or you and your fanbase coming over here and flaming a play by play thread, then immediately running back to BWI and calling posters here "scum."

Or you and your fanbase coming over here and flaming a play by play thread, then immediately running back to BWI and calling posters here "scum."
Scum? I've never done that. I've also never ever called out any wrestler. In fact I went directly at a poster here today and said his post was the very worst. Nice try, but not correct.

Scum? I've never done that. I've also never ever called out any wrestler. In fact I went directly at a poster here today and said his post was the very worst. Nice try, but not correct.

You need to read your own board more.

I cant believe his own don't call him out here.

Did you unban me?

No, you need to own your own words. I specifically called out an idiot poster on this very board as the worst post I've ever seen here. Try again.

You've flamed this board on more than one occasion so don't play innocent. And again, read your own board and you'll understand who I was referring to with the "scum" comment.

This is an Iowa board and he did have a point on the stalls correct?
All that was in ONE thread. One! That's coming from a guy so butthurt over things that he was compelled to contact compliance departments to try and find out if other schools are doing things on the up and up. None of you thinks he should cool it? Not one of you?

1:15 to go
Duck attempt
oob
Dogs seem unconcerned about helping me frantically clean.
Stoll circling and they go oob
40 seconds
I have 4 min.
20 seconds
Stoll reaching for ankle
White holds off.
Stoll loses 1-3.
Iowa loses 12-27.
And I go clean
I thank you to Vall. Is too bad I had to read through slll the whining back and forth in PBP thread, but thanks for powering through.

And it’s really too bad the digs didn’t help you.

Another positive from the meet, Austin did not lose a team point in his loss. Really surprised and disappointed in the Okie state fans booing him during the intros. Sure I would understand it if he did something to them to warrant it. I also realized from this meet, iowa fans are no more villainous than any other fan base, we are just biggest and loudest. Okie state fans sounded no different than Hawk fans today.

Why don't you go over and see. See if you're banned. The answer is no. But nice try.

So I was banned because I called you a hotshot hero and a liar for saying you never threatened to ban me when in fact you did months ago for challenging your position that Iowa doesn’t get talked about on your board? Just clarifying. Run back to your board and tell the boys all about it.

These trolls are drunken frat house 7th year seniors.
Part of the generation who likes to incite others and stalk them wIth their Mini keyboard.
There isn’t a trash posting troll out there who thinks they’ll ever be face to face with anyone on this board.

So I was banned because I called you a hotshot hero and a liar for saying you never threatened to ban me when in fact you did months ago for challenging your position that Iowa doesn’t get talked about on your board? Just clarifying. Run back to your board and tell the boys all about it.
You should really try to understand when someone gives you a chance, yet you cannot. You flamed the board and me. I let it go yet you continue. So why do you come over? Anyone else would have banned you. I gave you a chance and yet here you do it again. Smdh.

You should really try to understand when someone gives you a chance, yet you cannot. You flamed the board and me. I let it go yet you continue. So why do you come over? Anyone else would have banned you. I GA e you a chance and yet here you do it again. Smdh.

You’re a liar, nobody else would have banned me. I never flamed your board as bad as you flame this board. As a moderator of a message board, you should really act better than you do here and shouldn’t run your mouth mocking people for having opinions on their own team. I’ll leave you to your high horse, good day hotshot.

I like you Mp. You're probably my favorite Hawk poster any any board. That being said, be careful not to throw stones when you live in a glass house. The glass house I speak of is this very board.

I know it's a sore subject, my bringing it up there will be suppressed immediately, the post deleted and another ban will soon occur but no one has forgotten that your very own mod here called out your fanbase for obsessively crying to him to ban visitors from other schools. He pretty much admitted he was getting tired of banning people not for breaking rules but simply because you have thin skin.

By you, I don't mean you. You're actually one of the few here that can a handle opposing opinions and take it as well as you can dish it.

You’re a liar, nobody else would have banned me. I never flamed your board as bad as you flame this board. As a moderator of a message board, you should really act better than you do here and shouldn’t run your mouth mocking people for having opinions on their own team. I’ll leave you to your high horse, good day hotshot.
Here's the deal. I've banned one person on the wrestling board. One. He was an obnoxious drunk. Yet you still push your bs. You seem very bitter for some reason. And I certainly don't take Instructions from someone like you. Remember, I'm the one that defended Lee against what I thought were cheap shots from smalls. But yeah, I'm a flame. Enjoy your mouth. You're still welcome on BWI as long as you play nice. But I'm the bad guy. Got it.

Reactions: lionlover
These trolls are drunken frat house 7th year seniors.
Part of the generation who likes to incite others and stalk them wIth their Mini keyboard.
There isn’t a trash posting troll out there who thinks they’ll ever be face to face with anyone on this board.
The real trolls here are the ones that cant handle opposing opinions from other fanbases. The ones that cry to your mod to ban them because they dont agree with you. I've been banned probably ten times on this board. I'd like just once for your mod to give me a reason as to why I was banned. He knows why he cant do that. He knows not one rule was ever broken. He also knows he did it because he was tired of hearing your whining because I said something that hurt feelings...even if the rest of the wrestling world knew it to be fact. How do we know this? Easy. He started a freaking thread admitting it that's how we know.

Reactions: nitlion6
Here's the deal. I've banned one person on the wrestling board. One. He was an obnoxious drunk. Yet you still push your bs. You seem very bitter for some reason. And I certainly don't take Instructions from someone like you. Remember, I'm the one that defended Lee against what I thought were cheap shots from smalls. But yeah, I'm a flame. Enjoy your mouth. You're still welcome on BWI as long as you play nice. But I'm the bad guy. Got it.

I’m not pushing any b.s. bro and haven’t even brought it up nor really cared about it until you brought up the ban on vodka. I was stupid for poking the bear but your power trip stuff isn’t necessary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT