ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma football player Spencer Jones gets his ass beat in

Jones's attorney claimed that he was trying to be the peacemaker. I am not seeing that in the video.
Yeah I saw that too, but from the video it looks like he is telling them to get the f out of here, which isn't exactly how you would de escalate or play peace keeper. His buddy in the blue jacket also shoved the guy that ended up whooping his ass and it was good to see that the dude in the blue jacket finally got what he was looking for in a fight and he got slammed too and punched several times so he got beat too.

Sucks for the award winning Jones who was named the Peter Mortell Holder of the Year

a82feb1bd5d543f08b7d6bca5f2670a0_md.jpg

*I had no idea there was such an award. I have no idea why there is such an award.

Per https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...spitalized-bar-fight-mma-fighter-braden-brown
“Just to get rid of the misconceptions, I’m the fellow in the beanie and that is my brother. We are not wrestlers at any university, we have been wrestling since we were in diapers and cage fighting since we were 12. They gave us no options, unfortunately. We showed restraint," said Braden Brown.
Put me on the jury. NOT GUILTY... those bigger dudes thought they were going to tear the little guys up... And, OU would have been there to back up their football player.

Yeah I saw that too, but from the video it looks like he is telling them to get the f out of here, which isn't exactly how you would de escalate or play peace keeper. His buddy in the blue jacket also shoved the guy that ended up whooping his ass and it was good to see that the dude in the blue jacket finally got what he was looking for in a fight and he got slammed too and punched several times so he got beat too.
He could have an uphill battle trying to prove he was a peacekeeper and was assaulted. Clearly his attention was one sided in the video and he didn't react at all to refrain the guy behind him who shoved the guy.

Pretty clear he thought he could play badass and protect his buddy.....but got his ass kick.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
I look forward to the MMA brothers getting arrested for assault. Good luck trying to claim self defense when all the other party did was shove your shoulder.
The winner had a bloody nose or something it appeared well before that. I think we are missing part of what happened. But you go on passing judgment based off a ~15 second clip and no other context.

Looked to me like the guy that whooped his ass already had a bloody nose somehow.

Jean jacket guy looks like he's rubbing his jaw at the beginning too. Maybe those two had already gone a round. Either way, yeah don't miss these stupid fights at bars. Nice TV setup in the can to keep up with the game.

I'm curious about the status of the guy in the blue jacket that did the pushing. Guy got thrown into a wall hard and hit in the head and neck area.

You never know who can fight. If a guy is small and not backing down from a fight maybe consider why he doesn't seem intimidated. Maybe he'll get his ass beat and he's just a cocky douche. But maybe you are running into a guy that went to state wrestling at like 145 lbs for four years. Or maybe he's an MMA guy. But either way, there ain't a lot to gain. Either you beat up a guy smaller than you or you get your ass beat and look like a fool.

Also, that's a pretty nice bathroom.

You guys haven't been around many MMA douchers apparently. Just as likely this isn't their first group they've had a problem with that night as it is these two groups already tangled.

Put me on the jury. NOT GUILTY... those bigger dudes thought they were going to tear the little guys up... And, OU would have been there to back up their football player.

Yeah I'm not inclined to declare them guilty of any assault either. Maybe the law doesn't see things this way but I sort of view it as at some point you are clearly not doing anything but trying to pick a fight and the law should not be there to bail you out after you've picked a fight and lost.

To me this isn't much different from the guy who got his ass kicked with a can of twisted tea.

You never know who can fight. If a guy is small and not backing down from a fight maybe consider why he doesn't seem intimidated. Maybe he'll get his ass beat and he's just a cocky douche. But maybe you are running into a guy that went to state wrestling at like 145 lbs for four years. Or maybe he's an MMA guy. But either way, there ain't a lot to gain. Either you beat up a guy smaller than you or you get your ass beat and look like a fool.

Exactly. MMA has grown quite a bit and a bunch of people train in jiujitsu, Thai Boxing, Krav Maga or combination of martial arts. Best to just avoid fights all together. It usually isn't worth it. Doesn't mean you should let someone bully you, but generally just walking away is smarter and better. Keep the testosterone under control.

The winner had a bloody nose or something it appeared well before that. I think we are missing part of what happened. But you go on passing judgment based off a ~15 second clip and no other context.

Yeah, I think this could be like officials throwing a flag only on the guy they see retaliate.

It's the "What does he know that I don't" principal.

When you find yourself asking that...best to steer clear. There could be a whole lot of bad things he knows that you don't.

Last edited:
Per https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...spitalized-bar-fight-mma-fighter-braden-brown
“Just to get rid of the misconceptions, I’m the fellow in the beanie and that is my brother. We are not wrestlers at any university, we have been wrestling since we were in diapers and cage fighting since we were 12. They gave us no options, unfortunately. We showed restraint," said Braden Brown.

I think the OU guys got what they deserved (reserve right to change mind with more context) but I dont think it's accurate to say they had no other options.

The OU guys are on the side toward the stalls and urinals so these guys likely had an exit they could have walked out of without incident. More accurate would be to say they were left no other options that they felt wouldn't have made them look like pussies.

According to The Daily, Woodrow Glass, who is serving as the Jones family's legal representation, said that Jones was "lucky that he didn't lose his eye altogether" as a result of the incident and has since undergone surgery performed by Norman-based surgeon Dr. Perry Brooks. Glass added that Jones was trying to de-escalate the situation before the brawl ultimately broke out between him and several other individuals.

Trying to "de-escalate"? Either this attorney is a complete idiot or Spencer really really sucks at "de-escalating"

(Or both)

It's the "What does he know that I don't" principal.

When you find you self asking that...best to steer clear. There could be a whole lot of bad things he knows that you don't.

Exactly. Unfortunately alcohol makes that a really hard concept to follow.

Reactions: McLovin32
Yeah, I think this could be like officials throwing a flag only on the guy they see retaliate.
He could have a plausible defense he felt he could not safely turn his back and leave without exposing himself. The push from jeans jacket (which was the first physical contact we saw) as well as the tone, content of what ball holder was saying , and the fact that ball holder was clearly one sided (on jeans jacket side) would support that defense.

Charges all the way around or none of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT