ADVERTISEMENT

Oline better next year?

can the new oc succeed with barnett and copeland? it's an intriguing question.

I hate to say it, but I would go Deion on the O Line and bring in about 6 new transfers from the portal.

Football Fast Motion GIF by Saweetie

Reactions: Bishop-71
New position coach and new players. Just because they get year older doesn’t mean they can get any better.

Is Dejong the 2nd string RT next year? If so, then 1 injury from having turnstile at RT.
The interior OL seems fine...Cobly, Dejong, Jones. We haven't had guys athletic enough
to be starters at OT for awhile and the backups are even worse.

When Iowa has had good offensive lines, they’ve had at least one absolute mauler. Who is that person currently? Nada…. And I don’t see a quick fix for next year, even with the portal.
Even when we had Linderbaum...not a good running attack of pass blocking. Gotta be strong at OT positions and have depth there...interior OL we don't need maulers, but we can't have bums.

We don't really have roster space to address our needs via the portal. We will return a lot of guys with a ton of game experience on the ol who will be in their 3rd-4th year of significant playing time. No reason to expect they will all of a sudden make significant improvement

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT