ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Martin opinion

I feel if he would have just come here first he would have panned out. Instead he goes up to Michigan and gets behind a few young guys and then transfers here and is now 2 years behind our starting WR's that have 1-3 years left. Now he goes to Nebraska and is behind there learning a new system. Should have just came here, waited his turn and could have possibly start his RS Junior and Senior year. Sometimes is best to just wait you turn and learn the system.

Reactions: CarterHall
BF upgraded the receiver position recruiting at the same time Oliver Martin came along. Even if he he had started at Iowa, he is probably not as good as Ragaini. Martin is probably better than Max Cooper.

IKM
Brandon Smith
Tyrone Tracy
Ragaini

I believe he was the returned the punt at Arizona State when we were getting our shit pushed in. Outside of the women in Tempe, that trip sucked ass.
Funny you brought this up Jelly. We had gone down a few days early, drove up to Vegas when we hung for a couple days before returning to Mesa. I'm hardly a big gambler but had hit like a Royal on a poker machine for $ 500.00 bucks. So I quit right now. Trip paid for. Wait! The over under on the Iowa Az St game is 48 points. Last year in Iowa City , Iowa won 21 - 2. 23 total points. Iowa returns virtually all of that defense. Iowa had graduated Freddie Russel and Nate Chandler, rookies Tate and Lewis at the skill spots. Easy money, bet it all on the under right? Sure. Tate looks worse than Petras ever has, 41 yards for the ENTIRE game. With 18 seconds to go, wet, cold, disappointed and down 44- 0 and AS punting I said, " well at least I'm up a grand " on letting it all ride on the under. Then Belleus takes the punt 83 yards, the refs miss 3 holding calls and my grand vanishes...good times...:mad:

Last edited:
He hasn't proven to be a P5-caliber receiver. He's already on his 3rd team and with 2020 being a throw-away year, I won't be completely shocked if 2021 is #4.

If he can swallow his pride, he may be better off transferring to a G5 or FCS school. He could be a stud at South Dakota State or Northern Illinois or something like that.

...Colorado State, Utah State

Funny you brought this up Jelly. We had gone down a few days early, drove up to Vegas when we hung for a couple days before returning to Mesa. I'm hardly a big gambler but had hit like a Royal on a poker machine for $ 500.00 bucks. So I quit right now. Trip paid for. Wait! The over under on the Iowa Az St game is 48 points. Last year in Iowa City , Iowa won 21 - 2. 23 total points. Iowa returns virtually all of that defense. Iowa had graduated Freddie Russel and Nate Chandler, rookies Tate and Lewis at the skill spots. Easy money, bet it all on the under right? Sure. Tate looks worse than Petras ever has, 41 yards for the ENTIRE game. With 18 seconds to go, wet, cold, disappointed and down 44- 0 and AS punting I said, " well at least I'm up a grand " on letting it all ride on the under. Then Belleus takes the punt 83 yards, the refs miss 3 holding calls and my grand vanishes...good times...:mad:

Oh good times indeed. I have a much older uncle (think he’s 90ish now) That lived in Ajo, Arizona. My dad, brother, and I flew down to go to the game with my uncle. Well, the weather delay didn’t help my uncle as he was over served at the Hawkeye huddle so he missed the entire game. My brother and I had jerseys with our names on the back which their fans had a hay day with. My dad was awaiting hip surgery so we basically had to drag him back to the hotel, heckled and harassed the entire time. I thought for sure we were going to get our asses kicked. I had another group of friends that had rocks thrown at them. Ah yes, good times indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT