ADVERTISEMENT

Once committed to the NFL draft

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Can you back out as long as you don’t have an agent working for you? Wishful thinking as I hope VanNess had second thoughts but he’s probably going early with some big ass BUCKS… but hey, sharpen your skills for one more year please come back! JK… wouldn’t that be just awesome if he did but wow that kids lights out damn good and will have a promising NFL career 4Sure

His latest projection had him as the number 8 pick in the draft.
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

I’ve seen one mock that has him at #10 and another at #21. Some don’t have him in the first round.

Like Epenesa. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went 4th Rd or lower. Someone blowing serious smoke up that kids butt. Just like Eppy. If he can’t start at Iowa can’t see him as a high draft pick despite the measurables. Just sayin. Hope for the best for him!!!
What exactly are you talking about? Eppy went #54 in the second round. I bet that Van Ness has a more impressive combine as well. Also to your bolded point, pretty much points out everything I need to know about your great taeks

Reactions: Pete Malloy
I wouldn’t be surprised if Van Ness puts up numbers similar to Aidan Hutchinson’s. Walker went #1 last year on potential and athleticism, and there is plenty of precedent of teams taking the athlete over the producer. And Van Ness STILL produced.

Reactions: kceasthawk
i do hope vanness goes early and gets paid big but i can think of a few recent iowa dlinemen who were better (imo) but didn’t go anywhere near the top10.

Name them please.

Both Eppy amd Nixon had way more impact at Iowa in my opinion. I feel like Eppy won us several games his last couple years with strip sacks. VanNess didn’t stick out to me on defense this year like those guys did. I did hear Chad L. of the DM Register say the NFL gave him a 1st round grade, so makes sense for him to leave, and he may be a better pro than those two. For college though, I would take those two in a heartbeat over VanNess.

Reactions: desihawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT