ADVERTISEMENT

One thing we can all agree on?

Naw, there has to be an exception. I was on I-10 yesterday in a 70MPH zone. There were semi's running 70+, but there was also a very old Toyota, loaded like the Beverly Hillbillies, driving about 50 in the right lane.

All semi trucks must drive in right most lane at all times. No passing. Ever.

That's something I can't get behind.

f66a377188127758dd7869040bf7dbfadfae67a2.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Finance85
Imagine a country with long stretches of three lane highways and interstates. Where a true fast lane existed and trucks were required by law to remain in the center or right lanes.

Contractor utility vans are much worse offenders of disrupting left lane flow on my morning 80/680 commute than semi trucks.

Imagine a country with long stretches of three lane highways and interstates. Where a true fast lane existed and trucks were required by law to remain in the center or right lanes.
We have those all over and idiots from Wisconsin still drive in the left lane.

I wish we would go ahead and begin to add an additional lane to our major interstate system. The additional lane would eventually be designated for autonomous vehicles only. Self-driving cars, semis, busses, etc. would be able to more safely and efficiently travel the road system. The automated freight could end up at regional hubs to be unloaded and distributed locally as needed.

I wish we would go ahead and begin to add an additional lane to our major interstate system. The additional lane would eventually be designated for autonomous vehicles only. Self-driving cars, semis, busses, etc. would be able to more safely and efficiently travel the road system. The automated freight could end up at regional hubs to be unloaded and distributed locally as needed.
This would last about 3 and a half senconds.

Reactions: BelemNole
I agree with the OP. I would also like to add vehicles with handicap license plates staying in the right lane.

Reactions: lucas80
People that have no idea about the trucking industry crack me up. Drivers are not going to sit behind a slower moving vehicle when their production is based off of their pay. Pass all you want truckers, we're behind you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT