ADVERTISEMENT

Open Mat rankings out

Is there any indication Iowa is recruiting Balmaceda other than he listed Iowa in his top 5? Seems like M* not following him would indicate he isn't a top target.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Is there any indication Iowa is recruiting Balmaceda other than he listed Iowa in his top 5? Seems like M* not following him would indicate he isn't a top target.

It’s hard to say, recruiting news for wrestling is so much harder to come by than football and basketball. If the Hawks are still going after Assad, I’d imagine they’re thinking 57-Brands 65-Kennedy 74-Glazier 84-Assad? So Balmeceda wouldn’t be a high priority.

It’s hard to say, recruiting news for wrestling is so much harder to come by than football and basketball. If the Hawks are still going after Assad, I’d imagine they’re thinking 57-Brands 65-Kennedy 74-Glazier 84-Assad? So Balmeceda wouldn’t be a high priority.

Any #1 at any given weight should be a priority when they express interest in Iowa.

You don't think there's a chance that college coaches don't agree with high school rankings?

Sure. But you don’t think there’s a chance that we have missed potential opportunities that were seen as not being at a priority weight at the time?

Reactions: Wink8
Sure. But you don’t think there’s a chance that we have missed potential opportunities that were seen as not being at a priority weight at the time?

I was responding to your comment that all #1s should be a "priority." I think it is far more complex than that.

Why Howard and not Reeves..?? Are the Hawks recruiting him..??

1 Robert Howard Bergen Catholic Jr. NJ
2 Trevor Mastrogiovanni Blair Academy Jr. NJ
3 Julian Tagg Brecksville Jr. OH
4 Aden Reeves Albia Sr. IA

Why Howard and not Reeves..?? Are the Hawks recruiting him..??

1 Robert Howard Bergen Catholic Jr. NJ
2 Trevor Mastrogiovanni Blair Academy Jr. NJ
3 Julian Tagg Brecksville Jr. OH
4 Aden Reeves Albia Sr. IA
Not sure if serious? Reeves is ISU bound and Iowa is set at 125, no? The eligibility timeline lines up for Howard and/or Schriever as far as the Hawks are concerned.

Not sure if serious? Reeves is ISU bound and Iowa is set at 125, no? The eligibility timeline lines up for Howard and/or Schriever as far as the Hawks are concerned.

What I meant was it looked like he was listing Iowa kids who are ranked but listed Howard who is from NJ...are the Hawks recruiting Howard..?? OK I think I see now that is was just "Notable" rankings and not just Iowa kids...

Can Brevin go 149, as he's at 152 now? Some think Murnin will eventually fill that spot. Maybe there isn't a need. I'd guess they'd at least throw some bait out there to see what it would take to get him in the room. Get us back to the Gable days where books got you a #1 to go along with PSU now.

Can Brevin go 149, as he's at 152 now? Some think Murnin will eventually fill that spot. Maybe there isn't a need. I'd guess they'd at least throw some bait out there to see what it would take to get him in the room. Get us back to the Gable days where books got you a #1 to go along with PSU now.
I think 157 would be the lowest he could go in college.

I was responding to your comment that all #1s should be a "priority." I think it is far more complex than that.

I think we’ve made it more complex than it has to be. Putting the best available athlete in the line up should the goal.

Reactions: SansSouci

I think they are recruiting him as a 157.

Reactions: edquinn06

How could a number one at a weight not be high priority when they have interest in Iowa?

Reactions: Gobblin and hawknut
How about the parents. TNT are excited about last year and this years recruits, in part, because they have supportive parents. The parents have required their sons to be responsible, accountable and respectful. They don’t want parents who believe that if there son fails, it’s the coaches fault.

There’s more to it than being ranked #1. Building on team unity by maintaining the family atmosphere , Trumps individual accolades.

How could a number one at a weight not be high priority when they have interest in Iowa?

Haven't we already been over this? Maybe others do not feel he's really the best. Maybe they already have that weight covered with guys just older or just younger that they think are better. There are many reasons.

Haven't we already been over this? Maybe others do not feel he's really the best. Maybe they already have that weight covered with guys just older or just younger that they think are better. There are many reasons.

And assuming Spooner is right on the just younger/older kids(which I think he is), there is only so much money to go around, and those "#1's" are going to want some money

And assuming Spooner is right on the just younger/older kids(which I think he is), there is only so much money to go around, and those "#1's" are going to want some money

It was just a "what if" and not intended to be portrayed as specific to a wrestler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT