ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion If you want to save democracy in 2024, Biden is the only viable choice

You know what will happen if Trump gets elected? In four years we'll elect someone else.

And as a bonus prediction, I'll guarantee it will be "the most important election of out lives"... again. It's just like every Metallica album is the "best album since the Black album". Lol

If you want to save the United States of America as the country that Washington, Jefferson, Adams and others founded, than Trump or any other Republican is the only choice. When the democratic party intentionally prosecutes their political foes with a bias justices system, takes away as many freedoms as they can, raises taxes to such a degree that we essentially work for the government and not ourselves or our families. The left also believes societal norms and law and order are inherent racist constructs. The left has thrown open the borders because in their crazy world vision they believe the world should not have borders, thus we are forced to accept the world's despots and the American experiment is laid to waste.

We need to get back to freedom for everyone, personal responsibility, meritocracy and patriotism if we want this country, and frankly the world to survive. (What will the world look like if the U.S. is no longer the world leader.)

If you want to save the United States of America as the country that Washington, Jefferson, Adams and others founded, than Trump or any other Republican is the only choice. When the democratic party intentionally prosecutes their political foes with a bias justices system, takes away as many freedoms as they can, raises taxes to such a degree that we essentially work for the government and not ourselves or our families. The left also believes societal norms and law and order are inherent racist constructs. The left has thrown open the borders because in their crazy world vision they believe the world should not have borders, thus we are forced to accept the world's despots and the American experiment is laid to waste.

We need to get back to freedom for everyone, personal responsibility, meritocracy and patriotism if we want this country, and frankly the world to survive. (What will the world look like if the U.S. is no longer the world leader.)
Trump will be on a revenge tour if he wins...we don't need that. He needs to go away.

Isn’t democracy in more danger by one political party trying to remove the opposition party from the ballot?

Trying to remove one party or one person?

Besides I'd argue the unnecessary voter suppression laws Republicans states passed across the country are more of a threat than keeping someone who tried to overthrow the government off the ballot.

Besides I'd argue the unnecessary voter suppression laws Republicans states passed across the country are more of a threat than keeping someone who tried to overthrow the government off the ballot.
Jim Crow 2.0

Voter suppression was the goal. But the Rs were so transparent about it that it backfired as people realized the Rs were trying to strip them of their rights and the people decided to vote even more.
Anyone with a clue understands this, but....

Reactions: Huey Grey

Do you mean suppression like having to prove you are who you claim to be and you actually live in the district you are voting in and haven't already voted? Are those the suppression laws to which you refer?

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris

Dude, Trump should not be POTUS. If you want to make a point, there are other GOP candidates that will serve you better in doing so. Trump deserved to be charged with crimes in FL, DC, & GA. Hopefully he will be convicted in at least 2 of those jurisdictions, if not all 3.

I disagreed with a lot of them and I have no dog in this fight unlike you. Biden hasn't been a great president and won't get any better in the next 5 years.
Wow. You're an American but have no dog in the fight. Ok, then.

Reactions: Ree4
It is if Trump wins the next election. No matter what you think his chances are, this is as close as the US has ever been to ending short of the beginning of the civil war. The motherf****r already tried to do it once, why don't you believe that he will try it again? When Trump says he is going to go after individuals and consolidate power into the Presidency, you need to believe him.
Some prefer to not admit they are wrong more than admitting reality. I don't think anything about what Trump has LITERALLY SAID that he wants to do if he wins the election is funny, because it ends the country that our ancestors fought and died for.

As dumb as Trump is, he found all the loopholes in our government.

I disagreed with a lot of them and I have no dog in this fight unlike you. Biden hasn't been a great president and won't get any better in the next 5 years.
You clearly do have a dog in the fight. What issues are important to you? Clearly job, wage, and economic growth are not something you care about because if you did and you were actually objective then you have to be happy with what has happened with Biden in charge. So, what is important to you?

...or the Jim Crow 2.0 rhetoric was gas lighting bullshit.
Nope, the voter suppression was the bullshit. People don't like the idea of their rights being taken away. It's the same story with abortion. You can try to take it away but people will only double down on their efforts to get their rights back. Both issues backfired on the GOP.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Nope, the voter suppression was the bullshit. People don't like the idea of their rights being taken away. It's the same story with abortion. You can try to take it away but people will only double down on their efforts to get their rights back. Both issues backfired on the GOP.
See? Huey agrees Democracy isn't going anywhere. As he says, the people won't let it.

It’s really a no win situation. Both are way too old and can’t risk Trump in office again, but Kamala will then be president within a couple years. Horrible situation for our once great country.

Reactions: Finance85
It’s really a no win situation. Both are way too old and can’t risk Trump in office again, but Kamala will then be president within a couple years. Horrible situation for our once great country.
Does the secret service need to know that some guy on an Iowa message board is 100% convinced President Biden is going to die in the next 3 years? I've been here for 22 years and I've placed one bet with a fellow poster. It might be time for a second. (The first was that Nate Stanley wouldn't rush for 500 yards one season)

Does the secret service need to know that some guy on an Iowa message board is 100% convinced President Biden is going to die in the next 3 years? I've been here for 22 years and I've placed one bet with a fellow poster. It might be time for a second. (The first was that Nate Stanley wouldn't rush for 500 yards one season)
He may not die but there is little chance he is physically and mentally able to do this for five more years. I will be shocked if he still is two years from now.

He may not die but there is little chance he is physically and mentally able to do this for five more years. I will be shocked if he still is two years from now.
I disagree. He is still highly productive even with a stalemated Congress. He is still out there pushing on his agenda. That doesn't suggest a soon to be vegetable, imo. It suggests a guy who is still scoring touchdowns and has a lot of gas in his tank.

You know what will happen if Trump gets elected? In four years we'll elect someone else.

And as a bonus prediction, I'll guarantee it will be "the most important election of out lives"... again. It's just like every Metallica album is the "best album since the Black album". Lol
There will be another election, sure. But we may not get much of a choice of candidates. I could easily see the rates of deadly "accidents" increasing dramatically to potential electoral threats.

Reactions: cigaretteman

You know I am going to say it: you’re a blind fool.
NEITHER Trump or Biden should be on our ballot in 2024.

Reactions: Ree4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT