ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion The GOP’s abandonment of Ukraine makes me ashamed to be an American

I would hope he is trying to say is that some people believe that Israel was committing crimes on Palestinians prior to Hamas despicable actions. I would agree. I would hope that we could all put that aside for a while considering what Hamas did. That was their 9/11. Get rid of Hamas and then start working on the other problems.
What’s your plan for getting rid of hamas when? How do you know palestinians want to get rid of hamas?

What’s your plan for getting rid of hamas when? How do you know palestinians want to get rid of hamas?
Israel has the right to do what is necessary. If you aren't allied with Hamas you need to go to a recommended destination. Get rid of Hamas by all means necessary. That's why I said I put my previous beliefs on Israel on hold. However, Israel is no saint. Demolishing settlements was not right.

How exactly do we garnish their exports? Agreed that our allies should help more, but if they won't or can't, I don't agree that we should abandon Ukraine. Your plan is simplistic, and it's black or white. We can continue to pressure our allies while also helping Ukraine. But the fact is the GOP has made such a joke of foreign policy, no one really wants to work with the United States anymore. We aren't a reliable ally because the GOP plays games with everything, trying to win favor with the dumbest voters in the world. You want our allies to step up? Then elect competent leaders.
The Republicans have made a joke out of foreign policy? What administration waited until Russia invaded Ukraine before they took the threat serious? What party is cozying up with Iran and insulting Saudi Arabia and doing basically nothing while our troops are being shelled by Iranian proxies? Clue, it ain't the Republicans.

The Republicans have made a joke out of foreign policy? What administration waited until Russia invaded Ukraine before they took the threat serious? What party is cozying up with Iran and insulting Saudi Arabia and doing basically nothing while our troops are being shelled by Iranian proxies? Clue, it ain't the Republicans.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

It has nothing to do with wars, both parties are only supporting the opposite of the other party. Left is for Ukraine, so the right isn't. The right is for israel, so the left isn't. Both sides are too extreme.
It’s just a simple display of tribal psychology. There is not just a right or left anymore, you’re either a fascist or a communist with no middle for discussion.

Immigration parole is what you are forced to do when you don't have the manpower to process the asylum seekers and don't have anywhere for them to stay while waiting in line for years.
Judge looked at the law and disagrees with you.

5th Circuit found in State of Texas v. Biden in December that:

[DHS’s] idea seems to be that [it] can simply parole every alien it lacks the capacity to detain.
DHS cannot... parole aliens en masse; that was the whole point of the “case-by-case” requirement that Congress added in IIRIRA.... So the Government’s... parole [of] every alien it cannot detain is the opposite of the “case-by-case basis” determinations required by law.
[T]he Government says DHS can ignore Congress’s limits on immigration parole and that Supreme Court precedent makes everyone (including the plaintiff States and the federal courts) powerless to say anything about it. The Government’s sole precedent for this proposition is Town of Castle Rock v. Gonzales.... There, the Court held that “[t]he deep-rooted nature of law-enforcement discretion” can survive “even in the presence of seemingly mandatory legislative commands.” The Government reads this to mean that it can take the powers given to it by Congress (such as the power to grant immigration parole) while ignoring the limits Congress placed on those powers (such as the case-by-case requirement in [the parole statute]).
This argument is as dangerous as it is limitless. By the Government’s logic, Castle Rock would allow DHS to use the power to make, say, asylum decisions while ignoring every single limitation on those decisions imposed by the INA. And perhaps worse, the Government would have us hold that DHS’s pick-and-choose power is completely insulated from judicial review. That would make DHS a genuine law unto itself. And Castle Rock says no such thing[ — it] is relevant only where an official makes a nonenforcement decision....”
DHS’s pretended power to parole aliens while ignoring the limitations Congress imposed on the parole power [is] not nonenforcement; it’s misenforcement, suspension of the INA, or both.

Do you support it - that's yes/no
Somewhat and strongly are degrees of yes/no.

Do you always fail logic tests?
Somewhat support is not the same as support. One is a maybe the other is a yes. Edit: My bad. I am incorrect on this one.

Somewhat support is not the same as support. One is a maybe the other is a yes.
Somewhat support is support. That's why it has the word support in it.
It's a measure of degrees.

If you'd maybe **** that guy over there, you're somewhat gay. NTTAWT.

Somewhat support is support. That's why it has the word support in it.
It's a measure of degrees.

If you'd maybe **** that guy over there, you're somewhat gay. NTTAWT.
This is weird. Are you okay? I did state I was incorrect. You just run away when proven full of shit. I feel for you.

Did thy engineer the Ukraine interest in joining NATO in 2002?
What interest?

AqX2jDU.png

They were responsible for the NATO statement in 2008: "NATO welcomes Ukraine’s and Georgia’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations for membership in NATO. We agreed today that these countries will become members of NATO."

Yes, the push for NATO expansion was a neocon project. Always had been.

Let's assume they are the Machiavellian geniuses you give them credit for.
Which do you think it is?
Were they fools for ignoring Merkel and other Russia experts that predicted this push would lead to war?

Do you think they miscalculated and assumed Putin was bluffing? What's your opinion on what transpired?

They engineered the Russian seizure of Crimea. They goaded Russia onto invading Ukraine. Hell, they set the border so that it was shared between Russian and Ukraine. All to give America a boogeyman because - I suppose - China didn't fit the bill. Conceding every single point...what do we do when Russia invades?
When Russia invades what? Ukraine?

What we do is push sanctions that make the European economy not only much more dependent upon the U.S. energy sector, but globally a less competitive environment due to higher costs. Do you think Victoria "**** the EU" Nuland and her cohorts would never do that to improve America's position in the world (as they see it) vis-a-vis everyone else?

Remember, it was the Project for the New American Century, not a New Western Century.

This is weird. Are you okay? I did state I was incorrect. You just run away when proven full of shit. I feel for you.
I thought it was an amusing way to get the point across.

What's your take on the 67% of Democrats who want a ceasefire?
Are they Putin lovers at heart? Is that the explanation?
Does Max Boot deserve better Americans instead of these shameful Democrat defeatists?

Or was Obama right, and Ukraine matters way more to Russia than it will ever matter to Americans?

I thought it was an amusing way to get the point across.

What's your take on the 67% of Democrats who want a ceasefire?
Are they Putin lovers at heart? Is that the explanation?
Does Max Boot deserve better Americans instead of these shameful Democrat defeatists?

Or was Obama right, and Ukraine matters way more to Russia than it will ever matter to Americans?
What?

Why do you think 67% of self described Democrat respondents in that poll said they support a ceasefire in Ukraine?
Yes. I already admitted that. Are you dense? I have not problem doing that. You prefer to hide away when your BS is proven wrong. You never seem to be able to answer questions.

Yes. I already admitted that. Are you dense? I have not problem doing that. You prefer to hide away when your BS is proven wrong. You never seem to be able to answer questions.
You're misreading my post.

I'm not asking you if they did, we agree they did.

I'm asking you WHY do you think 2/3rds of Democrats responded to that poll in favor of a ceasefire?

What interest?

AqX2jDU.png

Yes, the push for NATO expansion was a neocon project. Always had been.

Which do you think it is?
Were they fools for ignoring Merkel and other Russia experts that predicted this push would lead to war?

Do you think they miscalculated and assumed Putin was bluffing? What's your opinion on what transpired?

When Russia invades what? Ukraine?

What we do is push sanctions that make the European economy not only much more dependent upon the U.S. energy sector, but globally a less competitive environment due to higher costs. Do you think Victoria "**** the EU" Nuland and her cohorts would never do that to improve America's position in the world (as they see it) vis-a-vis everyone else?

Remember, it was the Project for the New American Century, not a New Western Century.
You do a whole lot of work to avoid answering a very straight forward question. I conceded every single point you made and then some so no more justifying that, please. I'll give you one more chance and then I'm done:

Russia has invaded - YES - Ukraine <rolling eyes gif>. What would YOU do if you're making the decision? Do you wring your hands about the "neocons" who engineered it all and then tuck them under your ass, or do you respond in some meaningful and substantial way? Thanks so much for responding on point.

Russia has invaded - YES - Ukraine <rolling eyes gif>.

Don’t blame me for seeking clarification when people are asserting the whole of Europe will be conquered by Russia without us.
I was wondering if you meant an attack on NATO.

What would YOU do if you're making the decision?

Condemn the invaders and read the reports.
I wouldn’t get my country involved in it.

Do you wring your hands about the "neocons" who engineered it all and then tuck them under your ass,

I’ve never heard this turn of phrase. What does it mean to ‘tuck them under your ass’?

or do you respond in some meaningful and substantial way? Thanks so much for responding on point.
Not contributing to the carnage is meaningful.
Not provoking it is even more meaningful.

Would you respond to my question now?

What do you think the neocons expected to happen by ignoring Merkel and the Russia experts who said NATO expansion would ignite the war were watching?

A) That they naive and never thought the Russians would be so bold as to invade. Honest mistake/miscalculation despite the warnings.

B) They believed Merkel and the Russian experts were right, and this would enable them to get Russia to ‘fire the first shot’, but the resulting carnage would be a “price worth paying” to knock Russia down a peg and expose their brutishness in the multi-polar world of power projection.

C) Something else.

False. They can defend themselves without indiscriminately killing thousands of civilians.

Again, I can support Israel and still criticize their behavior. Your stance says otherwise, which is indefensible.

Show me a war where there weren't civilians killed? hamas is the one who's putting those people at risk. So what's your plan for getting rid of hamas?

Show me a war where there weren't civilians killed? hamas is the one who's putting those people at risk. So what's your plan for getting rid of hamas?

Supporting Israel while criticizing the indiscriminate killing of civilians does not suggest I have every answer. I don’t think the current strategy is going to work. Do you?

In either event, your claim is that in order to support Israel you must support everything they do. That is false. Hell, there are Israelis who don’t support this.

Supporting Israel while criticizing the indiscriminate killing of civilians does not suggest I have every answer. I don’t think the current strategy is going to work. Do you?

In either event, your claim is that in order to support Israel you must support everything they do. That is false. Hell, there are Israelis who don’t support this.

A majority of Israelis do not support Netanyahuism, which is what this is.

I saw an article last week, I think on GIAHORT but not certain, that Netanyahu wants the election postponed at all costs because he will lose badly.

He only has around 25 percent support and is only trusted by 4 percent. Even most of the people who support him don’t trust him. They just support his willingness to indiscriminately slaughter non-whites who dare to live among or next to them. That, not surprisingly, explains the overwhelming support from MAGA and GrOuPies.

Edit - not the same story I read but these contain much of the same information.

Last edited:
No one is defending Hamas.

No one should be blind to the slaughter being inflicted by Israel.
You guys keep saying no one is doing this but we have a regular poster on here who claims Jewish people shouldn't be allowed to live in Palestine and that America should have no problem taking in the Jews because they 'aren't brown enough' to worry about. That thinking seems to support what Hamas is doing, no?

I can't remember his name but it's the poster with the Palestine flag for an avatar.

You just defined it. And answered the question.
Ok, never heard that phrase before.

Now can you answer my question to you?

What do you think the neocons expected to happen by ignoring Merkel and the Russia experts who said NATO expansion would ignite the war were watching?

A) That they’re naive and never thought the Russians would be so bold as to invade. Honest mistake/miscalculation despite the warnings?

B) They believed Merkel and the Russian experts were right, and this would enable them to get Russia to ‘fire the first shot’, but the resulting carnage would be a “price worth paying” to knock Russia down a peg and expose their brutishness in the multi-polar world of power projection.

C) Something else (you define).

Last edited:

I disagree about the indiscriminate killing by Israel, it's hamas that's doing the indiscriminate killing. Israel is fighting hamas. Of course you don't have the answer, all you have is criticism. The current strategy should be to finally get rid of hamas. Any other solution is unacceptable and will just continue the war. It's been 15+ years and now it's time for hamas to go.

The problem with some of you people that claim to support Israel is, you have no plan and you don't care about the Israeli lives that have been killed and will be kill if hamas is allowed to continue. I'll give you an example you might be able to relate to since you have teachers in your family, as do I. In today's classrooms they now put the kids that have behavioral issues. Those kids are allowed to be disruptive and are out of control on many occasions. The average kids are not allowed to act that way, and in fact when they "fight" back they're the ones that are punished. Everyone is just supposed to accept the behavior of the bad kid. Many times administrators will say they're for the average kid but really they're not. It's supposed to be ok if the disruptive kid acts up, others are just supposed to be ok with it. Well, now that disruptive kid has gone too far and needs to be removed. For people like you, you just want to keep allowing it to happen.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
A not small percentage of Israelis do not support Netanyahuism, which is what this is.

I saw an article last week, I think on GIAHORT but not certain, that Netanyahu wants the election postponed at all costs because he will lose badly.

He only has around 25 percent support and is only trusted by 4 percent. Even most of the people who support him don’t trust him. They just support his willingness to indiscriminately slaughter non-whites who dare to live among or next to them. That, not surprisingly, explains the overwhelming support from MAGA and GrOuPies.

Edit - not the same story I read but these contain much of the same information.

And because MAGA maybe support Israel, now the left isn't going to support them. You seem to have forgotten that hamas started the war.

@artradley Interesting that you liked this post. You claim to support Israel and yet like others on the left, you've turned it into a political issue and you really don't support Israel, and that explains why you have nothing but criticism for Israel. You give hamas a pass because the enemy (hamas) of my enemy (Israel) is my friend.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I disagree about the indiscriminate killing by Israel, it's hamas that's doing the indiscriminate killing. Israel is fighting hamas. Of course you don't have the answer, all you have is criticism. The current strategy should be to finally get rid of hamas. Any other solution is unacceptable and will just continue the war. It's been 15+ years and now it's time for hamas to go.

The problem with some of you people that claim to support Israel is, you have no plan and you don't care about the Israeli lives that have been killed and will be kill if hamas is allowed to continue. I'll give you an example you might be able to relate to since you have teachers in your family, as do I. In today's classrooms they now put the kids that have behavioral issues. Those kids are allowed to be disruptive and are out of control on many occasions. The average kids are not allowed to act that way, and in fact when they "fight" back they're the ones that are punished. Everyone is just supposed to accept the behavior of the bad kid. Many times administrators will say they're for the average kid but really they're not. It's supposed to be ok if the disruptive kid acts up, others are just supposed to be ok with it. Well, now that disruptive kid has gone too far and needs to be removed. For people like you, you just want to keep allowing it to happen.
None of this has anything to do with your assertion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT