ADVERTISEMENT

OSU VS MIZZOU

The announcers said he made the announcement late to avoid being a distraction to his team. They then praised him for the “character” he showed with that decision.
I suppose he was 1st team on the depth chart all month. Then he decides not to play the morning of the game, and it’s less of a distraction than if he played?! WTH?

Reactions: tweeterhawk
I suppose he was 1st team on the depth chart all month. Then he decides not to play the morning of the game, and it’s less of a distraction than if he played?! WTH?
The implication was he had made the decision weeks ago, but only made the announcement at the last minute. Presumably tOSU had already been practicing without him?

I am enjoying watching a wounded vulnerable OSU scramble to scratch out a win, Hawkeye-style.
Not looking good right now.

That was the worst display I have ever seen from all 5 and 4* players. That offense was very Iowa-like with tons more talent. Defense was gassed from being out there.

They were running the ball down the throat of Mizzou on a crucial drive. Then for some reason they threw on 1st and it was incomplete. Drive derailed from there.

Every other Big Ten team has won and done so playing pretty well. NW beat Utah and Rutgers beating Miami. Minnesota actually scored even if it was Bowling Green.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I love this Mizzou coach! Guy is a clowner and would fit in really well on a message board as a guy who just trolls the hell out of everyone. He obviously isn't too bad of a coach either, as he's got Mizzou in a pretty good situation.

Reactions: kwik44
You’re telling me THE Ohio State doesn’t have a QB on their roster better than Deacon Hill?! This is an embarrassment
Whenever I heard chatter about getting rid of Ryan Day, I thought it was absurd.

But a program of OSU’s stature, that recruits at a top 5 level year in/year out…that game was concerning. They should not have looked that bad. Was Kevin Wilson (spent 5 years there as OC) THAT important to the offense? We’ve been led to believe that it was all Day’s offense, but they haven’t looked right all season.

I wish the BIG would have given Mizzou an invite instead of Nebraska. Better academic university, football, wrestling, basketball, etc.
Mizzou grad school grad. Academics pretty on part-time with Nebby, Iowa, ISU IU. Bb and football hasn't been very good since Stewart and Kellen Winslow. Remember Nebraska is gonna be nation chumps. Columbia was a great place to live. Did have a for real race riot when I was there.

I always enjoy watching O$u lose, but that was exquisite. To see their high-powered offense reduced to dogs*** is something I will never forget.

Yes. They compete well in the SEC, sit between KC and St Louis (great recruiting), closer to the rest of the big ten, beautiful campus and fun downtown, similar to IC.
**** .Missouri the ONLY good in Missouri is Loto and the rest of the lakes.

OSU is destroying themselves. They dominated Michigan for years, tide turns a bit the last few, and now Day may not have a job there much longer.

The team seemed to have quit on him, and that's sad because I think Day is a pretty good coach.

One bounce away from being in the National Championship last year.

hayden used to talk about mizzou joining us all the time. He said it made sense.
Didn’t know that. If he was saying that, it would have been decades before the whole conference realignment started. He was truly a guy ahead of his time.

Didn’t know that. If he was saying that, it would have been decades before the whole conference realignment started. He was truly a guy ahead of his time.
oh it was. I think it was around the time penn st joined- or before. he also would say that the hospital will eventually takeover kinnick and they will need to build a new stadium out on the interstate!! I think of him every dang time I see the wave.

Reactions: VodkaSam
On a completely different note, I liked how both teams in the Cotton Bowl got to wear one of their primary colors. I’m not sure what went into making this happen, but the black vs. red looked great on TV.

I wish more games would allow this. For instance, Hawkeye black vs. Volunteer orange in the Citrus Bowl would look really good, I think.

Reactions: VodkaSam
On a completely different note, I liked how both teams in the Cotton Bowl got to wear one of their primary colors. I’m not sure what went into making this happen, but the black vs. red looked great on TV.

I wish more games would allow this. For instance, Hawkeye black vs. Volunteer orange in the Citrus Bowl would look really good, I think.
yeah there is usually a third color like the gold { yellow} for the hawks, terps have red or black or yellow. stuff like that. I think it's cool until oregon does it. holy crap those dudes need to calm it down a little.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT