ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Drake game

I wasn't aware of it, but Seth Davis just said on the 'between games show' that Indiana St has a good resume, but only has ONE Quad1 win.

He thinks they deserve to be in, but likely to get left out.

(here's hoping!, if Iowa is fighting for a spot as well)
NET of 26 with 28 wins. They in; should be no lower than a #10 but may fall to First Four.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
NET of 26 with 28 wins. They in; should be no lower than a #10 but may fall to First Four.
His reasoning is other bubble teams getting to 'pad their resumes' this coming week/end, as to the reason that Indiana St gets left out. Having not played for a whole week before Selection Sunday.

4354f419-8a1c-4de4-95f2-792589d93723_text.gif

His reasoning is other bubble teams getting to 'pad their resumes' this coming week/end, as to the reason that Indiana St gets left out. Having not played for a whole week before Selection Sunday.
Which is why they may undeserving fall to # 11 and maybe the First Four. No way they fall all the way out.

That's the one concern for bubble teams.

Drake was sitting a ways back on the bubble and they'll take Indiana State's spot.

Now it's gonna come down to resume comparisons for ISU and the rest of the bubble.

I think that immediately puts them right on that Last/First Four.

Drake probably looking at a 10 seed if Indiana State is gonna sneak in. I can't see Drake getting sent to Dayton even if Indiana State doesn't make it.
Drake can’t get sent to Dayton. Those are the four worst at large’s and the four worst auto bids. Indiana State might land there though.

Wrong as usual.
Lol touchy hours after the fact I see.

A. Indiana State was drilling some hero ball bullsh** shots to get back in the game. Sorry if that offended you........

B. Drake blew an 18 pt lead with 10 minutes to play. Again, just the facts.

3. Reverse jinxes are fun. You should try them some time in-game, and be less triggered about something hours after the game............... ;) 🫠

So the Waukee kids ranking as college ballers:
1 Devries
2 Payton sand.
3. Omaha
4. Pryce sand.

I know Devries was Mr BB and the highest ranked as a senior.
Pryce was Mr BB but Omaha highest ranked.
What a team!
I think Payton could be ranked ahead of Devries, especially depending on how next year goes. There is just a bit of difference between the MVC and B10 talent levels that they're having to go against. I think Payton could easily be averaging what Devries is if he were to be the one at Drake right now playing for his dad.

I think Payton could be ranked ahead of Devries, especially depending on how next year goes. There is just a bit of difference between the MVC and B10 talent levels that they're having to go against. I think Payton could easily be averaging what Devries is if he were to be the one at Drake right now playing for his dad.
Way to add to the discussion @littlez by laughing and then providing nothing else... Iowa 21st SOS, Drake 106th.

Per 40 mins Payton has better rebound, assist, turnover numbers. Payton has better field goal, 3 point field goal, and free throw percentages.

Way to add to the discussion @littlez by laughing and then providing nothing else... Iowa 21st SOS, Drake 106th.

Per 40 mins Payton has better rebound, assist, turnover numbers. Payton has better field goal, 3 point field goal, and free throw percentages.
Look, I’ve been a proponent of Payton having a chance of playing in the NBA. Having also been a Drake fan and watching DeVries his whole career hes just a better player. He’s much more physical and if you put a smaller quicker guy on him his midrange is deadly. And like someone else said he’s the focal point of the offense and has been for 2 years. So teams are doing everything in their power to stop him. In Frans free flowing offense everyone gets plenty of looks. Do I think if Sandfort played in the Valley he’d be the player of the year the last 2 years? No. But that’s just my opinion. DeVries was wanted by a ton of Power 5 schools but in the end chose his dad and Drake. Worked out well for both.

• Love
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
What's his current salary? Money talks...

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ
I think he’s around 7-800K. Could be a McDermott situation. He was a Creighton assistant for almost 20 years so he’s clearly loyal. He’s been in the Valley championship game 5 or 6 years in a row now? I’m going to guess he’ll get bumped to a million. Not a lot compared to a Power 6 if they want him. And hard for some to understand but maybe building a program like at Creighton is what he wants. And his family is here and he’s from Iowa.

Look, I’ve been a proponent of Payton having a chance of playing in the NBA. Having also been a Drake fan and watching DeVries his whole career hes just a better player. He’s much more physical and if you put a smaller quicker guy on him his midrange is deadly. And like someone else said he’s the focal point of the offense and has been for 2 years. So teams are doing everything in their power to stop him. In Frans free flowing offense everyone gets plenty of looks. Do I think if Sandfort played in the Valley he’d be the player of the year the last 2 years? No. But that’s just my opinion. DeVries was wanted by a ton of Power 5 schools but in the end chose his dad and Drake. Worked out well for both.
That's fair. While Payton certainly hasn't been the main focal point of Iowa's offense, they sure guard him pretty tight most of the time so he doesn't get that many clean 3 point looks but it's hard to say he would be 2X MAC player of the year.

I think he’s around 7-800K. Could be a McDermott situation. He was a Creighton assistant for almost 20 years so he’s clearly loyal. He’s been in the Valley championship game 5 or 6 years in a row now? I’m going to guess he’ll get bumped to a million. Not a lot compared to a Power 6 if they want him. And hard for some to understand but maybe building a program like at Creighton is what he wants. And his family is here and he’s from Iowa.
Greg McDermott to Ohio State, Devries to Creighton? they were listing Greg as a candidate to replace Chris Holtman.

I get that he's a local guy & would do build a program. He's done well at Drake. Does he have other school aged kids or have they all graduated? He may want more & with NIL he more than likely won't get any further at Drake. Ohio St could be an option. Although their assistant should get a strong look for what the team has done with his leading.

He would triple his salary if he left.

Greg McDermott to Ohio State, Devries to Creighton? they were listing Greg as a candidate to replace Chris Holtman.
GM just signed a long contract extension with Creighton. Don't think he is going anywhere for a while. Do not know the terms. I have watched Creighton a lot this year and they are a fun/good team to watch and might actually do something in the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT