ADVERTISEMENT

Our recruiting continues to be a comedy show. We can’t beat f’n Fresno for a receiver?!? Gold, Jerry, GOLD!

It's going to take years for our offense to rebuild its image. Just because we brought in an unproven Lester doesn't mean a thing. We're going to have to start putting up big numbers against garbage teams like Northwestern, little debbie, Purdue, Rutgers, and Minnesota to build up our stats so we can convince guys that Sharpe to come play for us.

I don’t know - this could actually be a decent example of the staff using good discipline and not over-chasing to fix a problem. By that I mean, do we know that Sharp was a meaningful improvement over our current WRs? He is a 5’8” former FCS player that yes put up good numbers at that level, but I don’t see that any other power 5 schools were chasing him. If you’re Iowa, why chase an NIL offer for a guy that looks like he would be relatively equal to the current players but doesn’t raise the bar. Seems like that could be a waste of $$$ if they aren’t confident he would be materially better.

It's going to take years for our offense to rebuild its image. Just because we brought in an unproven Lester doesn't mean a thing. We're going to have to start putting up big numbers against garbage teams like Northwestern, little debbie, Purdue, Rutgers, and Minnesota to build up our stats so we can convince guys that Sharpe to come play for us.
You are being a little delusional in your use of "garbage" teams. The teams you mention are the teams we will be on par with in the future. NW is the only school we are larger than and their endowments far surpass Iowa's. The state of Iowa's population is smaller than all but Nebraska's and we have two P5 teams that compete for in-state recruits. Looking at the new teams coming into the BIG and the historical win/loss records with the teams you mention, only Rutgers and possibly NW fit your criteria.

I'm not gonna overreact on missing out on this guy. Would I take anyone offensively that looks to have good talent? Absolutely!

Fact of the matter is if you take an unbiased look at it most of these kids have NFL aspirations. If we are looking to get a proven, quality, or highly touted HS kid looking for PT thru the portal at QB, WR, and to some extent a RB it is going to take at minimum 2-3 years of consistent improvement and success until we start reeling these kids in.

I don’t know - this could actually be a decent example of the staff using good discipline and not over-chasing to fix a problem. By that I mean, do we know that Sharp was a meaningful improvement over our current WRs? He is a 5’8” former FCS player that yes put up good numbers at that level, but I don’t see that any other power 5 schools were chasing him. If you’re Iowa, why chase an NIL offer for a guy that looks like he would be relatively equal to the current players but doesn’t raise the bar. Seems like that could be a waste of $$$ if they aren’t confident he would be materially better.
Exactly. Did we even offer him? I did not hear that we did.

What are you talking about?

I didn’t realize Iowa was going after a wide receiver in the portal. I thought it was a quarterback they’re after.

What did I miss?
They offered a receiver. He committed to Fresno. I can see how a receiver might consider that a better option.

It does give the OP a reason to go full chicken little.

Zactly; any idiot who thinks we’ve arrived offensively without one in season snap has never built a business. Get Real!

nice rationalization. We offered. We wanted him. BUT LOST TO FRESNO!!!! That's horseshit recruting.

Until we get our offense on tape, all we can sell is hope at this point. For some, that's good enough, for others, not so much.

Let's see what happens with our offense over the next year or two and if we're having the same conversation, then yeah, we can over-react then.

It's the money. Highest bidder. And if you pay him whatever he was asking, then don't you have to pay others already on the team something more? With Fresno, he may be "the guy" to be featured and the other WRs got to accept he is getting paid more.

Reactions: TXHCHawk
Our offense is a national punchline. Iowa football literally gets mocked nationwide, whether it's tshirts or signs or NFL broadcasts where out of nowhere they make some unflattering comparison to the Iowa offense. It's just the truth. That's what KF has done, between his low-scoring offensive scheme, the blatant nepotism with him employing his unqualified son, the revised contract and 25 ppg mandate for BF... he's made Iowa football a laughingstock.

I don't know how anyone can be surprised when talented offensive skill position players say "thanks no thanks" to Iowa. Why on earth would they want to be a part of one of the bigger jokes in college football?

Our new OC must have made quite an impression! Starting snaps available and we can’t close the deal?!!! F’n embarrassing.
You don't think the last three years of our offense should deter any wr with common sense and awareness not to come here? Lester hasn't even had a chance to show his offense. Why would anyone come here?

Could more likely just be the California vs Iowa thing,.. cornfields aren't for everybody.
Except he stated that he had mouths to feed and he got the bread on the table. I don't take that as he chose beaches over cornfields. He chose more money

Reactions: Biggus Blockus
Our offense is a national punchline. Iowa football literally gets mocked nationwide, whether it's tshirts or signs or NFL broadcasts where out of nowhere they make some unflattering comparison to the Iowa offense. It's just the truth. That's what KF has done, between his low-scoring offensive scheme, the blatant nepotism with him employing his unqualified son, the revised contract and 25 ppg mandate for BF... he's made Iowa football a laughingstock.

I don't know how anyone can be surprised when talented offensive skill position players say "thanks no thanks" to Iowa. Why on earth would they want to be a part of one of the bigger jokes in college football?
During the NFL Draft when Erick All got drafted by the Bengals after his highlights of 2 catches they showed him making when they were showing his Iowa clips, Rich Eisen said, "that was Iowa's entire completion total from last season!" and the panel began to laugh. Totally embarrassing

During the NFL Draft when Erick All got drafted by the Bengals after his highlights of 2 catches they showed him making when they were showing his Iowa clips, Rich Eisen said, "that was Iowa's entire completion total from last season!" and the panel began to laugh. Totally embarrassing
Yep. Good thing nobody watches the NFL Draft... 🙄

My hope is the offense improves and doesn't get worse with our current roster, with similar results from last year defensively. Trying to be positive yet with realistic expectations. I refuse to believe other teams with lesser talent will outshine us regardless of how we got here given a new OC.

Perhaps, still got 10 wins with that shitty O, those commentators know this too. I hope the team shuts their mouth this season.

Iowa's recruiting will be difficult on that side of the ball until we start to FREAKING BLOCK SOMEONE!!!

It really all starts there. We start to block, we will score more and passing will be easier.

And to think there were actually posters on this forum that defended the Ferentzi.

Fresno State has had more WR's drafted than Iowa since 2010. Why is this such a shock?
I’m sure nobody is “shocked,” just disappointed.

Hope Lester can produce some good, exciting tape this season for the ‘25 and ‘26 recruits. Fingers crossed.

Our new OC must have made quite an impression! Starting snaps available and we can’t close the deal?!!! F’n embarrassing.
time to staple the nut sack to the floor and find the filet knife.
(That might go down as one of the greatest quotes in the history of HROT)

Reactions: curtisj157
That's a great line.
It's a long road ahead to change the narrative. It's going to take more than one season.

That's a great line.
It's a long road ahead to change the narrative. It's going to take more than one season.
Correct. The narrative today is that Iowa can be a path to the NFL for wide receivers. You just have to transfer somewhere else to get there. Not exactly the strongest argument to throw out there. Hopefully that begins to change this year.

Running an offense that doesn’t require 5 guys to block 9 is the first step…
6nF6.gif

Running an offense that doesn’t require 5 guys to block 9 is the first step…
Bingo! I know we don't have any Tristan Wirfs, Alaric Jackson, or Tyler Linderbaum on the OL, but the line isn't as bad as it's showed. When you run an offense in a phone booth, when you show no imagination or creativity, and when the D knows your plays before you run them.....you've completely set up your OL to fail. I'm super curious to see how much more successful our OL will look with TL's offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT