ADVERTISEMENT

P.J. Fleck unsportsmanlike conduct

You mean when he shoved the ref in the back? I've never seen that move by a coach before
Yep, I was thinking WTF, no flag? That shit is going to wear thin with Refs and as a result he is going to lose some games when they do not give him the close judgement calls.

On a side note, P.J. made an incredible timeout call in the third quarter that was about 30 feet in front of me. It was the most manic, hop like a wounded jackrabbit, foam at the mouth, gyrate like an out-of-balance wheel packed with snow, check your shorts afterwards TIIIIIME F'IN OUT call I've ever seen. I belly laughed at it. So did the Minnesota fans I sat around. It was a beautiful exertion. P.J. gave.

Given our “unsportsmanlike” penalty happened “after the play”, would it still have been Iowa’s ball without the penalty on PJ?

It’s a fairly common shot receivers take after bobbling and dropping a catch. Belton was late with it and I agree with the call on the field, but “afraid his neck was broken”? That’s very dramatic.

I disagree on the call on Belton. He has to start the turn to not lead with is head and still try to separate the ball. He had no idea the guy dropped it until it was to late to stop.

Not to mention when a player is injured the first person to run out is never the HC...it's, you know, the doctors.

He's just trying to come up with some reason for him being dumb.

Fleck said he went to check on his player, but yet hes yelling at the officials while out there. He couldn’t accept the loss and instead made an @ss of himself.

Also when a player went down earlier in the game he didn’t run out onto the field? So why then?

Fleck said he went to check on his player, but yet hes yelling at the officials while out there. He couldn’t accept the loss and instead made an @ss of himself.

Also when a player went down earlier in the game he didn’t run out onto the field? So why then?
Because he’s a camera whore.

Reactions: Nipigu and rchawk
Listening to his press conference and seeing how quickly the guy actually did pop up after he flopped. PJ's response sounded like someone who knows they screwed up but can't admit they screwed up. So they come up with some ridiculous excuse.

A guy like PJ never makes a mistake. Always a justification for his actions.

On a side note, P.J. made an incredible timeout call in the third quarter that was about 30 feet in front of me. It was the most manic, hop like a wounded jackrabbit, foam at the mouth, gyrate like an out-of-balance wheel packed with snow, check your shorts afterwards TIIIIIME F'IN OUT call I've ever seen. I belly laughed at it. So did the Minnesota fans I sat around. It was a beautiful exertion. P.J. gave.

He's on drugs.

Reactions: grayhair81
That was the biggest acting job ever. Both Belton and Moss through their hands up. I was sitting in section 128 very close the the play and it looked like the MN player actually jumped backwards. MN is well MN

In his post-game press conference Fleck said that he, "...wanted to be the first face he (Johnson) saw when he opened his eyes."

He's just farkin' weird and creepy.

@McLovin32 beautiful exertion is how I felt just before sending you that text.

Fleck mentioned legrand and being afraid that was happening

Tell me what Dr Phil Fleck would have been able to do for his player if that had happened? Pathetic he brings up a tragic incident to one of his players flopping as an excuse for why he got a boneheaded penalty. We saw him pull this lame stunt last year at the end of the game when Amani Jones lit up his WR. If he’s so worried he needs to be running to his trainers telling them to get onto the field not him.

Fleck is obviously a good couch and a good recruiter, but he drives me crazy. I am glad I do not have to put up with him anymore than a coupe of times per year.

Anyone find it funny how PJ didn’t run onto the field when his qb got “hurt” in the last minute. He was on the ground lot longer than Johnson when he did his 40 yard sprint onto the field.

He was literally afraid Tyler Johnson neck was broken. The refs told him the penalty was because he ran on too fast.
I was also concerned Johnson was paralyzed during the 1/10th of a second that he lay motionless on the field.

Perhaps I overreacted a bit.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Minnesota has a legacy of greatness that few teams have though..

2011 6th Legends
2012 5th legends
2013 6th legends
2014 2nd West (top 10 team in Minny history?)
2015 T 5th West
2016 T 4th west
2017 6th west
2018 T 5th west

He was literally afraid Tyler Johnson neck was broken. The refs told him the penalty was because he ran on too fast.
And by that they meant he ran on to the field too soon. He wasn't penalized for being a fast runner. He was penalized for jumping the gun.

He said that he always “protects” his players and he could not understand why he was called for a penalty. Kept repeating that his player was laying on the ground. Then finally said he got up when PJ was half way to him. Also kept saying that he didn’t do anything wrong. The world according to PJ.

Standing up for your players, when they need you too, is great. But his player didn’t need him in this instance, so he most certainly should admit he made a mistake since it cost his team 15 yards unnecessarily. Just admit your adrenaline or whatever made you overreact.

Lesson learned to the Gopher players. If you are down and your coach is running on to the field......keep your ass on the ground.

I have XM radio and it happened to be on the Minnesota broadcast as I was driving home after a game party. According to PJ he was just coming out to check on his player who according to him was laying on the ground. He said that he always “protects” his players and he could not understand why he was called for a penalty. Kept repeating that his player was laying on the ground. Then finally said he got up when PJ was half way to him. Also kept saying that he didn’t do anything wrong. The world according to PJ.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17

and i literally believe he is full of shit for saying he thought a Tyler Johnson broke his neck. There were literally a dozen harder hits throughout the course of that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT