ADVERTISEMENT

**Paris Olympic Wrestling**

Where do you see that at? I see in the bracket the match is scheduled in 6 matches.
I was watching Spencer's gold medal match at work with no sound and i was pretty busy so can someone explain to me when Spencer got taken down the first time how that wasn't at least 4 points? I saw him fighting off his back.

I assumed it would be 2 takedown and 2 exposure. I admit I don't watch as much freestyle as I should. But this confused me.
The scramble took them down to the mat before either exposed so it’s just 2 for exposure. If you take some down to their back, but not from the feet, it’s just 2, not 2+2.

Reactions: burk11
Spencer lost to a better opponent. That's the first time I've been able to say that. Silver aint bad, though.
The good thing is the margin is thin, Higuchi had a very hard time breaking Spencer’s defense. Higuchi scores on everyone and struggled greatly against Spencer, if Spencer can continue improving on his shots he can definitely jump another level. TnT NEED to get him better training partners though, he has good partners right now but nobody that’s a senior level talent, or Spencer should spend some time in Japan with Otoguro and Higuchi.

So back exposure doesn't mean anything in that situation? I guess I need to brush up on my freestyle rules.
He got the 2 for exposure.
In freestyle, you dont get a takedown plus nearfall if it is all one move.

If we are on our feet and i hit a firemans carry and you go directly from your feet to your back, i get 4. But if you go to your knees or side (without exposing), and then i get your over, its not feet to back, so its only a 2 pt exposure/move. There's no takedown plus nearfall in fs.

Reactions: burk11 and el dub
The good thing is the margin is thin, Higuchi had a very hard time breaking Spencer’s defense. Higuchi scores on everyone and struggled greatly against Spencer, if Spencer can continue improving on his shots he can definitely jump another level. TnT NEED to get him better training partners though, he has good partners right now but nobody that’s a senior level talent, or Spencer should spend some time in Japan with Otoguro and Higuchi.
The freestyle results, in general, point to a need to train in other systems.

I think this was the best version of Spencer we’ve ever seen and if they wrestle 10 times, they split 5/5.

I also think if the weight class was 130 Higuchi might have been an all time great. The scale has been his toughest opponent since Rio. There is no shame in losing to that guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT