ADVERTISEMENT

**Paris Olympic Wrestling**

Soooo, you can just stall on your knees? BS
If that was college wrestling with a good referee, he would have been stalled out or at least given up points. Both times Spencer was standing trying to lift him to his feet and he was trying to glue himself to the mat. Smart of him to take advantage of the stupid rules. All he had to do was tie it up, then use his speed and savy to stall his ass off. Unfortunately, Spencer just doesn’t have that explosive quickness from the feet anymore after all the knee injuries and surgeries, so hard to get to the legs of someone so quick and defensive. Thought he had a few opportunities to go for a cradle from front headlock, but didn’t go for it. I guess worlds will be his next chance at a gold.

Glad I took a walk and missed it. Didn’t need to see that.
It was a tight match. Higuchi tried getting in on 2 or 3 shots but SL was too strong and defended them well. Spencer was up 2-0 halfway through the 2nd and it basically came down to 1 late scramble that Higuchi was able to win, very quick and savvy wrestler.

It was a tight match. Higuchi tried getting in on 2 or 3 shots but SL was too strong and defended them well. Spencer was up 2-0 halfway through the 2nd and it basically came down to 1 late scramble that Higuchi was able to win, very quick and savvy wrestler.
Oh, I wasn’t going to miss the match. I was talking about the medal ceremony.

Olympics should have same weight classes as worlds. Is there an explanation why so few weight classes in Olympics??
I think it basically comes down to having enough space at least in theory. Judo and Wrestling share a venue. Judo went from Monday to Saturday last week and wrestling went from Monday this week until Sunday which is also the last day of the Olympics. They wrestle from basically ten in the morning until 10 at night Paris time. I know they have some break in the afternoon but still a pretty long day. That have 18 total weights spread over 7 days with three weights each day. They have 3 mats in the day session so one for each weight. If they were to add 12 more weights they probably would need to add a venue. Not saying it impossible just that they don't seem to want to do it.

Higuchi was very solid, the strength advantage I saw for Spencer didn't matter.

Not a knock on Spencer at all, but Higuchi is for the most part superior in the neutral and avoids the exposure positions or hippy scrambles and the one they had Higuchi won it. It's just the vitals to somehow beat Spencer, only other way is it to Pin him.

Lee just couldn't get a good enough takedown attempt and a lot of the match was uneventful.

Should've picked a Penn State wrestler to compete at the Olympics. He would've been able to take enough roids and have enough "fun" to beat the supposedly unbeatable Japanese wrestler.

After all, isn't PSU where all the real Olympic hopefuls are suppose to be going for the foreseeable future to train to be Olympic champions?.........................
Hasn’t helped Dake so far, and Snyder has jumped levels either.

I think it basically comes down to having enough space at least in theory. Judo and Wrestling share a venue. Judo went from Monday to Saturday last week and wrestling went from Monday this week until Sunday which is also the last day of the Olympics. They wrestle from basically ten in the morning until 10 at night Paris time. I know they have some break in the afternoon but still a pretty long day. That have 18 total weights spread over 7 days with three weights each day. They have 3 mats in the day session so one for each weight. If they were to add 12 more weights they probably would need to add a venue. Not saying it impossible just that they don't seem to want to do it.
Also if you look at it by gold medals awarded Wrestling has 16 which is more that most other sports aside from Track and Field and Swimming both of which produce way more revenue. Also if you group Wrestling, Boxing, Judo, and Taekwondo in as Combat Sports you have more medals awarded at 54 than any other sports group like swimming or Track and Field

So basically Higuchi employed the tried and true tactic of stall until you suck out a scrambling counter takedown at the end against an Iowa wrestler?..............

Trash.

• Haha
Reactions: PSU Mike
So basically Higuchi employed the tried and true tactic of stall until you suck out a scrambling counter takedown at the end against an Iowa wrestler?..............

Trash.
That's really unfair to Higuchi. He score a legitimate take down and was able to dictate hand fighting the entire match. Keeping Spencer away from you for six minutes is damn impressive.

I have to believe he is ready to move on. He was definitely happy to be done with college. His knees are still a mess. Maintaining 125 is a painful lifestyle. He has good career options, and I suspect the prospect of spending four more years in this grind - with no guarantee of it paying off - isn't very tempting.
He will do the next quad.

Reactions: vhsalum
Man feeling pretty depressed, hard to feel motivation to do much…

Saw yazdani lost, that was interesting.

Will be interesting to watch Snyder. Behind that I think I’m pretty out on Olympics fever

Reactions: artradley
Well then they should fire Cael.

Either that, or that sad sack son of a b**** Iowa fan that cried about how Penn State was the future for U.S. Olympic wrestling training was full of f***ing pony sh**.............

1200x1200bb.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT