ADVERTISEMENT

PBP - Session II

Sorensen obviously didn't watch Carton's match to understand what can happen when you waste the first period. You can't wait until you're behind in the 3rd to get aggressive and start taking shots.

When will brands make changes for his tournament coaching. We continue to fall flat on our face in tourneys and get total chickenshit to get any offense going. Mental coaching lacking?

I don't blame Brands, I blame the guys wrestling ... this is to be a Big 10 Champion, if that doesn't motivate you to score and you need your coach to tell you some magic message, then you shouldn't be there to begin with .....

I cant believe how many guys we have that waste the first period. I figured with an HC like tom brands we'd have a room full of kids that wrestle like....tom brands. We get one, maybe two guys in the lineup that attack and thats it. Sorry for the rant but getting sick of this shit.

I disagree completely. Did he do enough to get 2, no probably not. But you can't watch the last 30 seconds of that match and tell me Jordan was wrestling.
Tell me Borensoen was wrestling the first 6:30. It's a one take-down sport for the vast majority of the even the top guys.

controversy at the end. kem had a td. got reversed and maybe out at the buzzer for a possible 4-3 win.

Agree to disagree. You have to be more active. Don't leave it up to the official in the third period. More attempts in the first, more in the second....NO EXCUSE!
If you read my post, I already said he didn't do enough to earn two calls. What I'm saying is throughout this tournament, not just this match, the lack of stalling is blatant and depressing. This is not interesting wrestling to watch.

Do the guys just wrestle live and open drill during practice? there is no commonality between any of these guys' styles. that, and there is no progression.

Reactions: Hercuhawk
If you read my post, I already said he didn't do enough to earn two calls. What I'm saying is throughout this tournament, not just this match, the lack of stalling is blatant and depressing. This is not interesting wrestling to watch.

what's not interesting is watching Brandon Sorenson do nothing for 2 periods .... I understand your point, but his offense is seriously lacking in big moments

Sorensen obviously didn't watch Carton's match to understand what can happen when you waste the first period. You can't wait until you're behind in the 3rd to get aggressive and start taking shots.
It's almost like they are taught like a young, circa 1976, Rocky Balboa to take a beating in the early rounds and rely on stamina and heart to pull it out.

Reactions: TarpHawk

So why are you complaining about a call that wouldn't have had any impact on the match? I know your criticism is of the tourney as a whole, so what's the point?

So why are you complaining about a call that wouldn't have had any impact on the match? I know your criticism is of the tourney as a whole, so what's the point?
Just because it has no impact on the match, doesn't mean it shouldn't be called. In order to make the sport interesting. In order to continue to develop the sport and force wrestlers to wrestle, you must force them to wrestle. Sorenson in no way deserved to win that match, but running away doesn't deserve to be awarded either.

Reactions: Huck
Someone said earlier Meyer had no mat IQ, I disagree. I think he only exists (besides his superior strength) as a D1 wrestler because he is so tactical. His skills are extremely flawed and yet he finds ways to scramble and compete and win more than he loses. He is also one of the most entertaining Hawks.

Someone said earlier Meyer had no mat IQ, I disagree. I think he only exists (besides his superior strength) as a D1 wrestler because he is so tactical. His skills are extremely flawed and yet he finds ways to scramble and compete and win more than he loses. He is also one of the most entertaining Hawks.

Perhaps he could use his superior strength to not give up the first two takedowns of every match, and I think your logic would make more sense.

Reactions: DirkTang1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT