ADVERTISEMENT

PBP - Session II

Martin is peaking.
How often... I'll answer...almost always, in interviews you hear Brands tout scoring, shooting, aggressive wrestling. In wrestler interviews the wrestlers almost always say they need to shoot more, score more often, be more aggressive, even when they win. That's what we always describe as the Iowa style. And then when the rubber hits the road, too many of them seem to have no clue of getting that done in their matches. Talk is always cheap.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Disagree to an extent. Meyer's problems have been the same the whole time. Easy in on the legs...easy score. Lack of urgency
I find it hard to see where Meyer is elite from neutral. He's a top 10 guy come tourny time, but no where near top 20 from neutral at his weight. He survives on heart and finding ways to scramble. Also a good rider against middle tier guys. He is an urgent as his skills allow. When he wades in with urgency in the 1st period he get destroyed. He knows it and can't stop it. A lot of heart and desire, with stamina and strength. Give me 10 guys with his heart and mat smarts.

I find it hard to see where Meyer is elite from neutral. He's a top 10 guy come tourny time, but no where near top 20 from neutral at his weight. He survives on heart and finding ways to scramble. Also a good rider against middle tier guys. He is an urgent as his skills allow. When he wades in with urgency in the 1st period he get destroyed. He knows it and can't stop it. A lot of heart and desire, with stamina and strength. Give me 10 guys with his heart and mat smarts.

I wasn't saying he was elite in neutral...but he has been a decent freestyle guy though. Just saying that guys get in too easy and always have...at not even elite guys. I have seen him wrestle tough from neutral and good smart matches. How many times have we seen Meyer (having to come back), cut guys, and then run his legs right into their hands and lets them cling.

yes, jackson almost leaped and landed flat on his back. seemed too shocked/tired to move, so sammy jumped on. he was totally flat, but sammy couldn't jump on fast enough.

yea....a few of our wrestlers need to try as hard to get take downs in the first period as they do in the third when they are down and the clock is running out.....these refs in these tournaments arent gonna call stalling....kinda disgusted....nice job Sammy Brooks though

Reactions: 86_90
yea....a few of our wrestlers need to try as hard to get take downs in the first period as they do in the third when they are down and the clock is running out.....these refs in these tournaments arent gonna call stalling....kinda disgusted....nice job Sammy Brooks though
It's pathetic and has virtually ruined the match-up between the best guys.

No urgency ....from the refs to improve the on mat product. Pathetic. It's not team specific. All teams have guys that should be getting hit hard.

Reactions: natchrlman
How often... I'll answer...almost always, in interviews you hear Brands tout scoring, shooting, aggressive wrestling. In wrestler interviews the wrestlers almost always say they need to shoot more, score more often, be more aggressive, even when they win. That's what we always describe as the Iowa style. And then when the rubber hits the road, too many of them seem to have no clue of getting that done in their matches. Talk is always cheap.
Why don't you let the rubber hit the road & go away....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT