ADVERTISEMENT

PD3 Wrestling

Yall got two bears in Kemerer and Marinelli too! Healthy Stoll is gonna be the best of all em!!

Come January Iowa will welcome him with open arms.His visit will go well he will agree to whatever stipulations Iowa has for him.And come January fans in Carver will be cheering him on.

there are a lot of minutes/hours/days between now and january. this train has a habit of going off the track. to his credit, he somehow gets things back on track, due to his ability.

his ability only goes so far.......he is an ACL/rotator/rib away from NO ONE caring about him. He is also one DB in a bar and a sucker punch away from a legal issue that spins this out of control. Oh and he is one BJ away from a sexual harassment claim that no administrator will tolerate

other than that he is possibly the next 197 national champ for the black and gold.

there are a lot of minutes/hours/days between now and january. this train has a habit of going off the track. to his credit, he somehow gets things back on track, due to his ability.

his ability only goes so far.......he is an ACL/rotator/rib away from NO ONE caring about him. He is also one DB in a bar and a sucker punch away from a legal issue that spins this out of control. Oh and he is one BJ away from a sexual harassment claim that no administrator will tolerate

other than that he is possibly the next 197 national champ for the black and gold.
Yep and it's sad but the last line is all that matters national champ for the black and gold
FYI the girl from the BJ video is his fiance

Last edited:
Reactions: slushhead
This is my first time chiming in here on this situation but man, I wouldn't wish this situation upon my worst enemy. While our team rivalries (PSU) and the forum banter are really great for the sport, in all sincerity I really wish you guys the best of luck with these 2 knuckleheads. Not sure what your coaches are thinking here...

It is absolutely mind boggling that the Iowa coaches think bringing this idiot and his idiot dad into the room is a good idea.

Everyone is well aware of your opinion on this matter but we are also well aware that you are not making the decision. TNT will make their decision with more info than u will ever have on the situation

Reactions: Grip220
Ah. Only the sides that agree with the coaches get to post on the subject.

Gotcha. Makes for great debate!

It is a one sided debate. We don't know what TNT knows and they don't post here. You have made it clear several times you don't like it

Reactions: HAWKMANN
I honestly can't believe any of this is true. This sounds more like Al Davis and the Raiders or Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. This will be a circus.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
just think if he does comes to iowa 2nd semester..weird that the iowa/iowa state meet got moved to either jan or feb (can't remember the date of it) and PD3 gets to return to Ames with the good guys! How exciting would that be!? Better get your popcorn during the 184 match and get ready for a show

Last edited:
Reactions: Gobblin
Controversy aside.
PD3s visit tells me that Brands is all in on this season in winning a title. Unlike some coaches, TnT doesn't take a year off to build up for consecutive title runs (Kale)

Here's the lineup that I think happens if PD3 comes aboard.

25 Lee
33 Laux
41 Turk
49 Sorenson
57 Kemerer
65 Marinelli
74 Young
84 Wilcke
97 PD3
Hvy Stoll

PSU still the clear favorite, but this team would have the most upside of any D1 team in the country as the season progressed

Controversy aside.
PD3s visit tells me that Brands is all in on this season in winning a title. Unlike some coaches, TnT doesn't take a year off to build up for consecutive title runs (Kale)

25 Lee
33 Laux
41 Turk
49 Sorenson
57 Kemerer
65 Marinelli
74 Young
84 Wilcke
97 PD3
Hvy Stoll

PSU still the clear favorite, but this team would have the most upside of any D1 team in the country as the season progressed

I love my Hawks. But As good as PSU is, PD3
Is not going to make us a championship team. I applaud the Brands for being optimista though.

Reactions: Wink8 and pumpdog20
Controversy aside.

25 Lee
33 Laux
41 Turk
49 Sorenson
57 Kemerer
65 Marinelli
74 Young
84 Wilcke
97 PD3
Hvy Stoll

No way Lee goes as a true Frosh coming off an ACL repair!

I love my Hawks. But As good as PSU is, PD3
Is not going to make us a championship team. I applaud the Brands for being optimista though.
I think this is a pretty realistic assessment of where this lineup could land in March

Lee- Finalist/Champ
Laux- AA
Turk - AA
Sorenson - Finalist
Kemerer - FInalist
Marinelli - AA/Finalist
Young - AA
Wilcke - AA
PD3 - Finalist/Champ
Stoll - AA

I think this is a pretty realistic assessment of where this lineup could land in March

Lee- Finalist/Champ
Laux- AA
Turk - AA
Sorenson - Finalist
Kemerer - FInalist
Marinelli - AA/Finalist
Young - AA
Wilcke - AA
PD3 - Finalist/Champ
Stoll - AA
I love optimism as much as the next guy, but this might be just a LITTLE bit over the top!:rolleyes:

Marinelli is a stud but I don't see him getting past Martinez/Massa/Joseph/Marstellar. 165 is DEEP right now.
There's definitely a gap there between Marinelli and those guys you listed, but the gap isn't as far as you think.
I think having Perry in the room will make the Bull very very competitive with these guys in the early to mid season. Than, come March, I think Marinelli only improves from there.
Finalist is a stretch for sure, but AA is more than doable.

Reactions: Wink8

Lee- Finalist/Champ
Laux- AA
Turk - AA
Sorenson - Finalist
Kemerer - FInalist
Marinelli - AA/Finalist
Young - AA
Wilcke - AA
PD3 - Finalist/Champ
Stoll - AA

I think that's optimistic, not so much realistic. Lee may not go. Laux and Turk pretty optimistic. I like Wilcke and he had a great tourney but I can't put him as an AA as of yet. 165 is tough. Etc.

I think that's optimistic, not so much realistic. Lee may not go. Laux and Turk pretty optimistic. I like Wilcke and he had a great tourney but I can't put him as an AA as of yet. 165 is tough. Etc.
I agree. For example, Laux struggled with the better 133's last year and seeme to get overpowered regularly. Turk suffered from injuries and hasn't represented yet. There are lots of unknowns including injuries for Stoll and Lee. However, depending on results, this could be Brands' greatest coaching season.

I guess we still have the potential aspect with Turk, but Laux an AA? Based on what?

I agree. For example, Laux struggled with the better 133's last year and seeme to get overpowered regularly. Turk suffered from injuries and hasn't represented yet. There are lots of unknowns including injuries for Stoll and Lee. However, depending on results, this could be Brands' greatest coaching season.
Gee, your last line is like the weather guy saying if it rains things will get wet, and if it doesn't it will be dry. :D

Reactions: ST8TAILG8R
I guess we still have the potential aspect with Turk, but Laux an AA? Based on what?
Laux put up some solid fight against some elite competition last year.
I'm mainly basing his success on the fact that he'd be a 133 pounder for Iowa.
I can't remember a time when an Iowa 133 pounder wasn't in AA contention.

Lee- Finalist/Champ
Laux- AA
Turk - AA
Sorenson - Finalist
Kemerer - FInalist
Marinelli - AA/Finalist
Young - AA
Wilcke - AA
PD3 - Finalist/Champ
Stoll - AA

If this is our best case scenario, what is PSU's? 3 champs? Nolf Retherford, & pick one from Nickal Joseph Hall?

Not good enough odds for me to take on this dumpster fire

Reactions: SansSouci
I don't think Laux will get overpowered as much if at all this year.
The kid is looking like a 41 pounder of late.

If this is our best case scenario, what is PSU's? 3 champs? Nolf Retherford, & pick one from Nickal Joseph Hall?

Not good enough odds for me to take on this dumpster fire
PSU's realistic chances in March would be

Suriano Finalist/Champ
Cortez AA
N Lee AA
Retherford Champ
Nolf Champ
Cenzo Champ
Hall Champ
Nickal Champ
McCutcheon AA
Nevilles AA

Never said PSU wouldn't be the favorite. This is a team looking to break the 170 point record after all.
Just saying that Iowa would still have the most upside of any team coming in to March. Never know what may fall through come March.

At which weight am I over the top with as far as projections at NCAAs?
Lee-probably a redshirt, but even if go just coming off injury-AA yes, finalist no
Turk, Laux
Marianelli AA yes, finalist too optomistic
Wilke had a great run, no disagreement there
PD3-hmmm, depends, but doubtful he keeps away from the beer, pot, and keeps head straight

JMO

At which weight am I over the top with as far as projections at NCAAs?
Based on wrestlestat rankings:
125: #114 Perez. Lee redshirts, Wagner presumably gone.
133: #44 Laux (went 10-8 last year)
141: #22 Turk or #32 Happel
149: #2 Sorensen
157: #2 Kemerer
165: #20 Marinelli (12-2 last year, under-ranked because he hasn't yet beaten a top-10 guy)
174: #27 Young (20-6 last year, has only beaten one top-20 guy, who went 0-2 at NCAA)
184: #26 Wilcke (19-13 last year, good NCAA tourney)
197: Downey
285: #6 Stoll

That's 4 AAs plus several unproven guys who have yet to beat anyone that would warrant ranking them in the top 15. Downey keeps us top 3-4 in team race.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT