ADVERTISEMENT

PDIII Academic & Code Of Code Requirements?

herkcy

HR All-State
Nov 7, 2002
Just curious what is being required of PDIII to transfer, be accepted, & ultimately allowed in the Iowa room? From what I gather he will have to graduate via online with his undergraduate degree? He will have to be accepted in to graduate school at Iowa which requires a minimum GRE score? In an interview with Andy Hamilton he cannot partake in the Iowa City nightlife? Evidently there wasn't any social media requirements? Am I wrong on any of this, or missing anything? If I am correct it all sounds like a tall order based on previous history. I hope the best for him though. If he sees the mat in an Iowa uniform he has done some work.

The Pitt wrestlers got the hookers at Midlands.

nJVfNN.gif

Sorry if I am repeating myself from the other PD threads, but based on his recent twitter war with CP over the weekend, I don't see him ever making the team. While I appreciate the skill set, I don't think he can get out of his own way. Thin skin and running your mouth do not make good bed fellows.

I believe he wants to make this work, from reading his comments on the subject, but not sure he has the discipline, judging from the cracks already appearing on twitter........I think it's a sign of things to come.

Iowa City sure ain't Ames. Better get the boy a chastity belt & some noseplugs if he wants to see the mat in January.
I know they are kinda arbitrary.... but the last rankings I saw for partying college towns had ISU ranked higher than Iowa....surprised me... but Iowa was up there too... I think like 5 of the top 5 were Wisconsin schools.....but yea if a kid wants to "carouse" he definitely can in IC....I don't know the kid but I have had friends that were the nicest guys ever....and sharp....add booze = instant asshole

I know they are kinda arbitrary.... but the last rankings I saw for partying college towns had ISU ranked higher than Iowa....surprised me... but Iowa was up there too... I think like 5 of the top 5 were Wisconsin schools.....but yea if a kid wants to "carouse" he definitely can in IC....I don't know the kid but I have had friends that were the nicest guys ever....and sharp....add booze = instant asshole

I went to undergrad at UNI, grad school at ISU. But grew up in Iowa City. Iowa City was a better party school during academic breaks than Ames was during the school year(less Veisha, I will give them that)

I went to undergrad at UNI, grad school at ISU. But grew up in Iowa City. Iowa City was a better party school during academic breaks than Ames was during the school year(less Veisha, I will give them that)
My Daughter started pre med in Iowa city for two years....then transferred to ISU and switched to pre veterinary...Thank god most her classes were compatible.... she parties with friends here at home when she back but doesn't party at school much... no time and tough class loads....but she said she was shocked at how hard they partied in Ames....I guess what else do they have to do.....dont even ask for a pic

Reactions: el dub and jvclark
My Daughter started pre med in Iowa city for two years....then transferred to ISU and switched to pre veterinary...Thank god most her classes were compatible.... she parties with friends here at home when she back but doesn't party at school much... no time and tough class loads....but she said she was shocked at how hard they partied in Ames....I guess what else do they have to do.....dont even ask for a pic

We shouldn't have to ask :)

This must have been a twitter poll.

This must have been a twitter poll.
no I dont do the Twitter....think a friend posted it on facebook

Reactions: letsgohawks44
Well he is a walk on.

I am aware. He was referencing hookers and cocaine. Or are you suggesting that our scholly wrestlers get both of those on the house?

EDIT: After re-reading your post, I may have missed the joke there, when I first thought you were serious and just hadn't read the post I was referring to.

Well played :)

Reactions: PapaBearSLIM
I am aware. He was referencing hookers and cocaine. Or are you suggesting that our scholly wrestlers get both of those on the house?

EDIT: After re-reading your post, I may have missed the joke there, when I first thought you were serious and just hadn't read the post I was referring to.

Well played :)
My bad. I forgot the emoji.

Reactions: jvclark
Umm, no. Not even close. UI was #1 just a couple years ago... https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings?rankings=party-schools

Do those rankings take into consideration ecstasy & cocaine use?

Umm, no. Not even close. UI was #1 just a couple years ago... https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings?rankings=party-schools

Yea I said they were Arbitrary.....probably silly....The one I saw was last year maybe ISU stepped it up....not sure its something to be overly proud of ;) .... how do they track that the number alcohol and other substance related arrests? I remember the poll with Iowa being number one....think it was on Hawkeyes report ...that's why I was surprised in the last one I saw had ISU higher... but make no mistake students at Ames get real drunk.....alot

Yea I said they were Arbitrary.....probably silly....The one I saw was last year maybe ISU stepped it up....not sure its something to be overly proud of ;) .... how do they track that the number alcohol and other substance related arrests? I remember the poll with Iowa being number one....think it was on Hawkeyes report ...that's why I was surprised in the last one I saw had ISU higher... but make no mistake students at Ames get real drunk.....alot

I've lived in Ames...I understand why they would drink a lot

I've lived in Ames...I understand why they would drink a lot

My daughter wears her Hawkeyes gear proudly to class at ISU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT