ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock Television Broadcast Was Real Good

Iowa Hog

HR MVP
Sep 30, 2001
I signed updto watch the game. The announcers were good, enthusiastic, and were positive. The camera work was up close which I like. The videos of Iowa farmers combining in the field is what Iowa is known for. Watching Iowa football is exciting because the games are usually close, even though exciting offesive plays can be scarce

I signed updto watch the game. The announcers were good, enthusiastic, and were positive. The camera work was up close which I like. The videos of Iowa farmers combining in the field is what Iowa is known for. Watching Iowa football is exciting because the games are usually close, even though exciting offesive plays can be scarce
I 100% agree.

I don't really put too much stock in announcers, so I actually had that volume pretty low. Otherwise, my stream was smooth, my picture was good, it was just as I was streaming NBC through youtube tv. Peacock never glitched, bugged, or had any latency issues.

PLUS, they have a lot of extra movies and content I'm actually interested in, so I'll likely get my $5.99 worth before cancelling.

I 100% agree.

I don't really put too much stock in announcers, so I actually had that volume pretty low. Otherwise, my stream was smooth, my picture was good, it was just as I was streaming NBC through youtube tv. Peacock never glitched, bugged, or had any latency issues.

PLUS, they have a lot of extra movies and content I'm actually interested in, so I'll likely get my $5.99 worth before cancelling.
Do the movies have commercials? I see they have another price level so just wondering what the difference is.

I 100% agree.

The main con is it does feel shitty to be strong-armed into signing up for yet another streaming service. I'll likely cancel and reevaluate during basketball season if I want to do it again.

It def sucks though that ymmv with peacock. A lot of people had different experiences than me. Whether its their tv, computer, internet, it seems like no matter what someone is gonna have a bad time, which def sucks.

Do the movies have commercials? I see they have another price level so just wondering what the difference is.
Last night we watched a movie without commercials. Some may, I donno, the horror movie we watched last night did not.

Reactions: Legs94
Yep. We have the cheaper one. Commercials all over the place. But it’s cheap, so we’re getting what we paid for.
I assume the tv series have commercials, which is fine. That's what hulu does. They gotta pay for these shows somehow. Hopefully they're not in the middle of actual movies. Then I'll likely not come back in the winter.

The combine scene started to become commonplace during the mid 80s farm crisis.

This one kicks it off right from the start.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur

So you listened to the NBC/Peacock announcers. I like to watch the game and listen to Dolph and Eddie online via the Iowa Sports Network. But guess what, I synch the online radio call to be a second or two ahead of the game video. But every time there was a commercial stoppage and they came back from the commercial the radio call of the game was 15, 30 even a minute ahead of the TV.

There is only one way that happens and that is similar to what Fox does which is the hold up/pause the actual game video and show extra commercials.

I hate that crap. They pay such big money to televise the games then they manipulate the broadcast timing

So you listened to the NBC/Peacock announcers. I like to watch the game and listen to Dolph and Eddie online via the Iowa Sports Network. But guess what, I synch the online radio call to be a second or two ahead of the game video. But every time there was a commercial stoppage and they came back from the commercial the radio call of the game was 15, 30 even a minute ahead of the TV.

There is only one way that happens and that is similar to what Fox does which is the hold up/pause the actual game video and show extra commercials.

I hate that crap. They pay such big money to televise the games then they manipulate the broadcast timing
Listened to Dolph and Podalak on the way home in the first quarter,. They sucked, Senile old bastards need to hang it up.

Listened to Dolph and Podalak on the way home in the first quarter,. They sucked, Senile old bastards need to hang it up.
No doubt, Dolph is really missing a whole lot of the action and messing up the other half. Eddie is still decent but not as good as he was especially since I can see what they are talking about. But it is still better to me than listening to some of the TV announcer crews.

Rob Brooks gives a lot of good sideline interviews and information.

Only hiccups I noticed was a 10 second reboot back to the video and one play where the announcers were ahead of the video. Overall not a bad experience.

I’m on the fence. I used a family members account and at some point we both got booted off saying to many devices were streaming. For a long time we could only think of 2 of the 3 streaming devices being used. Missed about half a quarter of action because of it.

Really getting sick of all the different streaming services a person has to have to watch college and pro games now days.

They need to invent some sort of package where I can choose 10 apps that I want and pay $20-$25 a month.

The shits getting annoying. You pay a crap ton for internet and or cable and then you add on another $5+ for these apps that used to be on regular cable/dish. Companies/people are too damn greedy.

We were staying at a VRBO in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan so I can’t speak to the speed of the WiFi, but I watched the entire game on an iPad and had no problems. The video quality looked quite good to me.

FWIW their announcers sucked.

Dolph is absolutely terrible and Eddie might be drunk...hell, I'd get drunk too having to watch this offense every week.
Could you imagine if these two had to announce the game if iowa had a fast paced offense that could do something.
They have no clue what’s going on in the most boring offense known to man.
It’s impossible to listen to them announce a game.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Iowa is supposed to be on Peacock again for the Northwestern game (at least one time they said Peacock). That is exactly 4 weeks out so can watch it on my 1 month subscription! (my nickname was 'El Cheapo' in my younger days)

My wife signed us up last week. Because she loves yellowstone Wow what a TV show already season 4 episode 7.The show no issues but the game was dragging some!

Last edited:
I love the commercial about it never being easier to watch live sports. yes signing up for a streaming app is much easier than turning on TV and choosing multiple games to watch.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
My first experience with Peacock. Other than a couple quick blips in the 3rd qtr I thought the broadcast was great. I liked the much closer to the action cameras than ESPN has. I hated having to pay for yet more TV but since I was not at Kinnick it was worth the $6.41 in total I paid.

Only hiccups I noticed was a 10 second reboot back to the video and one play where the announcers were ahead of the video. Overall not a bad experience.
People on here were talking about the game being over and I was still watching it.

I took pink shizzle's advice of streameast and thought picture was really good on a 50". Not sure who the announcers were but they were homers.

It was OK, but vastly inferior to watching other games on YouTubeTV.

You can't really fast forward or rewind accurately. It's complete guesswork. You have no idea where you'll end up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT