ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State game

woolridge

Rookie
Feb 24, 2016
I know this will sound crazy, but I feel we have played much better football the last four games. Our offensive line has done a much better job of protecting CJ. The decision to move Croston to right tackle should have been made before the season even started. I hate to blame individual players but Cole really cost us in our three losses. We have kept our turnovers down as well as penalties. Our defense has played pretty well too. To me, that is a sign of good coaching. Unfortunately our coaches have failed in one main area, and that is our passing game. The last game against Wisconsin we ran the ball on first and second down our first four possessions. That is just an extreme lack of creativity. In fact our first five drives we ran the ball on first down. We have the best quarterback we have had since Drew Tate. Wisconsin trusts their freshman quarterback more than we trust our senior. For god's sake, put the game in his hands and trust him to put us in a position to win the game, not be afraid to lose it. Let's use a little up tempo, and use Wadley and Mitchell more out of the backfield. This will pay big dividends for our running game, which I think is pretty good with Daniels and Wadley.
We have four big games left. We can determine our own destiny, but we have to show some intensity and urgency, and we have to keep getting better. Hopefully we have used the last two weeks of practice to continue To get better. Go Hawks.

The coaches have failed in being creative in the play calling and making in game adjustments and trying to find mismatches to exploit... Besides that they've done great at sticking to the script and not waivering from the original game plan..

Last edited:
With our WRs, we're going to struggle against good defensive backfields, which is why I don't see how we could beat Michigan without a lot of luck. Penn State's defense isn't bad, but they're not elite either. I think we'll be able to move the ball well enough to score 21+ points. Our defense has been playing better as of late, especially against the run, so if we can hold Barkley in check I think we have a pretty good chance.

Penn State appears to be solid all around, but not elite at anything except maybe RB. Iowa will have to play well to win, but I don't see any reason why an Iowa win should be a big surprise. Penn State is definitely the favorite, but it should be a close game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT