ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Fleck is the biggest jackass in CFB

Johnson was down on the field for 2 or 3 seconds. Almost every play of the game has a player down on the field longer than that.

PJ needs to grow up and admit a mistake.

I would love for someone to ask PJ why he doesn't run on the field every time a player is down, or hell, earlier in the game when that same player got the wind knocked out of him (after that long pass where Koerner clocked him, great hit) and was on the ground for much longer, why wasn't he sprinting on the field?

Reactions: kwik44
I would love for someone to ask PJ why he doesn't run on the field every time a player is down, or hell, earlier in the game when that same player got the wind knocked out of him (after that long pass where Koerner clocked him, great hit) and was on the ground for much longer, why wasn't he sprinting on the field?
He did run out there that time and later cited that as to why he thought it was ok. Also the whole “no one told me I can’t do that” angle.

PJ has basically used "I sprint on the field all the time" as his excuse. As if his past bad behavior justifies more bad behavior.

If Kirk Ferentz showed up in a scrum of players at the 5 yard line, Minnesota fans would be unhinged.

Franklin is the guy you say to his face he's a piece sh**. Fleck is the guy you tell everyone around you he's a douchebag but won't say to his face due to a learning disorder hence you don't want to hurt his feelings.
Say what you want about Franklin, but at least you can't talk about him losing to Iowa so far.

OP must have been researching. I give him a 100% grade.

Fleck is as unlikable as James Franklin. Not an easy thing to do. And I swear I'm not prejudice against bald guys.
I'm usually not that guy, but when I hear all the complaints about Franklin I think there's a component of the dislike toward him that has nothing to do with football or his personality.

He did run out there that time and later cited that as to why he thought it was ok. Also the whole “no one told me I can’t do that” angle.

Oh interesting, I didn't realize that or at least didn't notice him nearly as far out onto the field.

In any case, as others have said, just because you do that all the time doesn't make it right. He's basically saying he should be allowed on the field whenever he deems it appropriate, because in this case Johnson wasn't even remotely injured.

Also, your a head coach, not a trainer or doctor, what are you going to do if a kid is hurt? There's no reason for you to have to be the first guy out there. I know Fleck cares and it's not an act, but it's still stupid.

Also, during the game when the Minn QB goes down, there is a clock stoppage. It goes on for a while, the crowd starts booing and the camera goes to Kirk asking the refs 'whats going on'. The ref says 'there is an injured player' and instead of going apesh|t, Kirk says 'oh, ok'. That is an example of caring more about a players health than a few seconds coming off the clock. If the roles were reversed, i think PJ would have been going crazy about the stoppage.

Oh interesting, I didn't realize that or at least didn't notice him nearly as far out onto the field.

In any case, as others have said, just because you do that all the time doesn't make it right. He's basically saying he should be allowed on the field whenever he deems it appropriate, because in this case Johnson wasn't even remotely injured.

Also, your a head coach, not a trainer or doctor, what are you going to do if a kid is hurt? There's no reason for you to have to be the first guy out there. I know Fleck cares and it's not an act, but it's still stupid.
Might as well run out after every tackle, seems he thinks that’s reasonable as long as its between snaps.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
P.J. Fleck is a wussy like a lot of coaches.

There is no such thing as a coach who is a wuss when it comes to player health in 2019. What is unfortunate is so many fans are ignorant asses about player health. If anything leaves our stadiums empty in the future it will be the failure to deal with the issues of player health and particularly head injuries. I know three well known Purdue players from the 1960’s who were afflicted with dementia. One, Dennis Wirgowski, comitted suicide and Tim Foley and Jim Bierne both have had their golden years altered by the debilitating effects of their injuries.

Reactions: hawkeyemark56

I have seen him come out in the field numerous times in person and on tv. My thought at the time was he is much criticized but he will not let a player go down without going out to check on him. I am not a Gopher fan!

There is no such thing as a coach who is a wuss when it comes to player health in 2019. What is unfortunate is so many fans are ignorant asses about player health. If anything leaves our stadiums empty in the future it will be the failure to deal with the issues of player health and particularly head injuries. I know three well known Purdue players from the 1960’s who were afflicted with dementia. One, Dennis Wirgowski, comitted suicide and Tim Foley and Jim Bierne both have had their golden years altered by the debilitating effects of their injuries.

I believe he is a phony and his concern for the player’s health was not authentic. He is the type person that goes to the hospital to visit sick children but makes sure news sources and cameras are made aware of his actions.

I have seen him come out in the field numerous times in person and on tv. My thought at the time was he is much criticized but he will not let a player go down without going out to check on him. I am not a Gopher fan!

He should run for the team dr. and not towards the tv if he REALLY is concerned.

I understand the dislike, but I respect what he has done. People generally despise winners. He took over a bottom feeder and has it rolling in year three.

The dislike doesn’t come as much from his on field antics as much his off field antics. Preaches a lot about “character” then cheats on on his wife, leaves her with 3 kids including a 2 month old and marries the bimbo soon after walking out.

I understand the dislike, but I respect what he has done. People generally despise winners. He took over a bottom feeder and has it rolling in year three.
I get your point, but it's all smoke and mirrors. They will take a giant step back next season.
For Fleck, it's all about himself. He positions himself to be on camera whenever possible. During the Wave at Kinnick, why does the head coach stand next to the third string holder? Because he knows the cameras are going to be on the third string holder. He couldn't let that moment be about a cancer survivor showing support for a hospital full of sick kids. No, he had to inject himself into the scene.

Biggest jackass? He's a jackass, no doubt. He's definitely got plenty of company in a conference with harbaugh and franklin.

The dislike doesn’t come as much from his on field antics as much his off field antics. Preaches a lot about “character” then cheats on on his wife, leaves her with 3 kids including a 2 month old and marries the bimbo soon after walking out.
My son is the same age and knows a player that was on the NIU football team with Fleck. Fleck was a dick then and hasn't changed. He sure has made a pile of money off his snake oil sales, however.

Did you even watch the video in this thread of the play in question? There was no reason to think anyone was hurt.

I don't mind Fleck. The guy can recruit, coach, and motivate. The most important thing is having players believe in you ... And so what we think of Fleck really doesn't matter ... I can't fault a coach who appears to do things the right way (no matter how he may come off to opposing fans/teams) ...

P.J. Fleck is a wussy like a lot of coaches.

And those injuries would have been prevented had thief coach run out onto the field?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT