ADVERTISEMENT

Planet Fitness trans policy

RagnarLothbrok

HR All-American
Apr 4, 2023
Apparently Planet Fitness is allowing members to use the restroom/locker room of their gender identity. Found out by a freaked out biological woman who walked in to the ladies room and a trans person was shaving his/her face. This person told her he/she is just starting to transition. My girlfriend is thinking about canceling her membership.

Hmmm…

I know. Cool story, bro. Thoughts?

Apparently Planet Fitness is allowing members to use the restroom/locker room of their gender identity. Found out by a freaked out biological woman who walked in to the ladies room and a trans person was shaving his/her face. This person told her he/she is just starting to transition. My girlfriend is thinking about canceling her membership.

Hmmm…

549f51f2-08ab-48fe-b239-070113644d43_text.gif

We were in Charleston last spring and there was a large public both sex restroom. It was different - washing hands next to a woman in a RR - but nobody seemed bothered by it. Probably 7-8 women and 4-5 men in there at once.

I think this is one of those boogeymen that Republicans throw out there to get us to forget that they don’t govern.

Hmmm…

I think it's a terrible policy and endangers people.

Public bathrooms/locker rooms are gross.... it's pure utility, I avoid them like the plague that they likely harbour.

Edit: Added the "u" to harbor because I just watched a Guy Ritchie movie.

There is not a more nonsensical topic than the trans. Men claiming to be women bc of their feelings is about as valid as an asian man putting on black face and claiming to be African American, except the trans are an actual danger to women and children. Planet fitness deserves the dragging its getting.

I think it's a terrible policy and endangers people.
I think we need to have an honest dialogue in this country about this issue. To me, if someone hasn’t fully transitioned, they need to use the facilities that correspond with their birth sex.

Women have rights too. It just baffles me so many on the left will defend this.

I think we need to have an honest dialogue in this country about this issue. To me, if someone hasn’t fully transitioned, they need to use the facilities that correspond with their birth sex.

In what way are women being endangered?

Reactions: BelemNole

Why not just say bathrooms are based on sex and the pretend women can use the men's room because that's what they are?

Public bathrooms/locker rooms are gross.... it's pure utility, I avoid them like the plague that they likely harbor.

I'm like "if I hold it just a little longer I don't have to smell a couple guys with terrible diets letting loose while their wife shops" or "if I don't go in this gym locker room I don't have to see an old man drying his dick with the hand dryers."

We were in Charleston last spring and there was a large public both sex restroom. It was different - washing hands next to a woman in a RR - but nobody seemed bothered by it. Probably 7-8 women and 4-5 men in there at once.

I think this is one of those boogeymen that Republicans throw out there to get us to forget that they don’t govern.
With all due respect, I’m not making this Republicans vs. Democrats.

I'm like "if I hold it just a little longer I don't have to smell a couple guys with terrible diets letting loose while their wife shops" or "if I don't go in this gym locker room I don't have to see an old man drying his dick with the hand dryers."

I do not understand the savages that are comfortable in those situations.

Reactions: Moral
In what way are women being endangered?
A trans raped a female in a high school bathroom in loundon County, VA and the leftists who imposed the "gender policies" regarding restrooms covered it up. This was a national news story....

Is it? I'm willing to bet a lot of money that way more kids have been raped by the clergy than women raped by the trans.
Are we talking Catholic priests or just regular church people? Again, I’m not religious and maybe not understanding what you’re saying. Don’t Christians go to church and Catholics to mass?

Regardless, you’re trying to obfuscate by making the argument binary. This is not about bashing trans people. It’s about trying to have an honest dialogue about at what point it is acceptable for biological men to use women’s facilities. I believe a full transition prior to using facilities that align with their gender identity. What’s your argument against that?

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole

Hmmm…

You're like 5 days late....but he was also scaring a 12 year old girl.

Are we talking Catholic priests or just regular church people? Again, I’m not religious and maybe not understanding what you’re saying. Don’t Christians go to church and Catholics to mass?

Regardless, you’re trying to obfuscate by making the argument binary. This is not about bashing trans people. It’s about trying to have an honest dialogue about at what point it is acceptable for biological men to use women’s facilities. I believe a full transition prior to using facilities that align with their gender identity. What’s your argument against that?
I'm trying to have an honest dialogue. One, there is very little chance you'll have to share a bathroom with a trans person. Two, there is an even smaller chance you'll know about it. Three, there is an even smaller chance they will interact with you. And fourth, there is virtually no chance you'll be assaulted or harassed.

This isn't a real problem. Stop trying to make it one.

I'm trying to have an honest dialogue. One, there is very little chance you'll have to share a bathroom with a trans person. Two, there is an even smaller chance you'll know about it. Three, there is an even smaller chance they will interact with you. And fourth, there is virtually no chance you'll be assaulted or harassed.

You will almost always know when a trans person is around lmfao they do not pass for women. They look like clowns. And the argument that only some people will be victims doesn't pass. Zero people will be victims to the trans if they are banned as they should be from women's spaces

You will almost always know when a trans person is around lmfao they do not pass for women. They look like clowns. And the argument that only some people will be victims doesn't pass. Zero people will be victims to the trans if they are banned as they should be from women's spaces
Plus they are always ugly as sin!

The danger level is a case by case basis. We’re not going there.

It’s interesting and quite revealing that you’re minimizing the psychological and emotional impact this has on women.

Are you a biological male?
There is no proof trans people pose anymore danger than anyone else. In fact, they pose a far lower risk since they constitute a far smaller share of the population.

Further, I have been around trans people my entire life. We all have. The only people suffering emotional impacts from merely being around them are transphobic

And yes I am cis male. What's that have to do with anything?

None of that is relevant or a cogent argument in favor of biological men, who have not fully transitioned, to be in a public facility with women.

Reactions: Scruddy

Hmmm…

I would point out stories like this one. A youth soccer coach has been arrested for raping 10+ kids over the years.
That's where she should focus her fears. Family members. Pastors. Coaches.
Also, the word "apparently", and that this is something that someone told your GF versus a verified event makes me think it's a BS social media creation.
https://www.wsaz.com/2024/03/24/for...ys-faces-more-charges-new-federal-indictment/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT