ADVERTISEMENT

Play King on offense

IAFB2021Champs

HR Heisman
Feb 6, 2012
I know it's been brought up before. Just do it already. These receivers couldn't get separation from a blind kid.

I would almost be upset at this point to see him on offense considering they had all summer to try to figure out how to use their best player. All people wanted were 5 plays a game

Reactions: hawkeye_power
I'd like to see King on offense, just because I like watching him play. To play devil's advocate, however, what does he bring to the WR position that the regular WRs don't? He's not that tall and lacks speed. His speed is his only knock from NFL scouts. He's probably not going to get any more separation than our other guys. If we could find a way to get him the ball in space on some reverse plays he might make some people miss with his elusiveness, but if he's only in for reverses the other teams will catch on quick.

I wouldn't play him on O. I'd hate to see him get hurt and have his NFL career put in jeopardy for a team that will probably finish 8-4 or 7-5 anyway. We need to use the people we currently have on O more effectively. More slants and screens, more use of the middle of the field.

I'd be happy if we could get Derrick mitchell on the field, find out which witness protection Jonathon Parker is in, and get the tight ends more involved like we used to. That, and giving Wadley some more touches...

I wouldn't play him on O. I'd hate to see him get hurt and have his NFL career put in jeopardy for a team that will probably finish 8-4 or 7-5 anyway. We need to use the people we currently have on O more effectively. More slants and screens, more use of the middle of the field.

This is probably the exact same thing you complain about with Kirk. If you were a playmaker why would you want to come to Iowa. Kirk has to much job security to try and win. It's great he cares about a kids future beyond Iowa but it's the downfall of the program. Do you think harbaugh cares about a kids life after Michigan or does he care about his job and winning? What good does it do Iowa right now if king goes on and does well in the NFL?? Nothing!

This is probably the exact same thing you complain about with Kirk. If you were a playmaker why would you want to come to Iowa. Kirk has to much job security to try and win. It's great he cares about a kids future beyond Iowa but it's the downfall of the program. Do you think harbaugh cares about a kids life after Michigan or does he care about his job and winning? What good does it do Iowa right now if king goes on and does well in the NFL?? Nothing!

I would have a different opinion if it were the start of the season and Iowa was fresh with a 0-0 record. But at this point it's probably not worth it. Also, the problems with the Iowa offense are systemic and would exist with or without King

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT