ADVERTISEMENT

Player introductions

Not a very important issue, but anyone else prefer live player introductions over the recorded crap used yesterday?
Yes, I would prefer the actual intros, but not that big of a deal. Perhaps ABC, in the championship game, will show the actual intros?

TV broadcasts of all sports events should do everything possible to make the viewing experience resemble being there as closely as possible. That means going with the arena announcer for player introductions and other pregame hoopla.

Instead, we usually get talking heads saying a bunch of BS while the real story unfolds in the background. That's just plain stupid.

The contrived player intros would be OK if they were a supplement to, not a replacement for, the actual intros on the floor. IMHO, of course.

BTW: Although you wouldn't necessary know it given the conduct of our country's MAGA political cult, it's possible to disagree with someone without mocking them or calling them names like a poorly raised third grader on the playground. Just because an orange old man does it doesn't make it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhawk23 and DTP2
I've never payed much attention to live intros before. So only recently have I noticed the "theatricality" the women put into it. Kinda makes me smile. Same for the canned ones, I like the personality and creativity.

I also feed squirrels from a park bench.

Reactions: HawkinMN and DTP2
I've never payed much attention to live intros before. So only recently have I noticed the "theatricality" the women put into it. Kinda makes me smile. Same for the canned ones, I like the personality and creativity.

squirrel-huh.gif

I prefer live intros but at some point I learned to understand most of what is done is to attract the under 30 crowd so I just accept it.

Reactions: Moral
I prefer live intros by far - and I enjoy the "funky theatrics" that goes with it. I find it humorous and fun.

Pic of squirrels?

• Haha
Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
TV broadcasts of all sports events should do everything possible to make the viewing experience resemble being there as closely as possible. That means going with the arena announcer for player introductions and other pregame hoopla.

Instead, we usually get talking heads saying a bunch of BS while the real story unfolds in the background. That's just plain stupid.

The contrived player intros would be OK if they were a supplement to, not a replacement for, the actual intros on the floor. IMHO, of course.

BTW: Although you wouldn't necessary know it given the conduct of our country's MAGA political cult, it's possible to disagree with someone without mocking them or calling them names like a poorly raised third grader on the playground. Just because an orange old man does it doesn't make it right.
lol - let’s leave the political slant out of it, but you’re ignorant if you don’t think that far-left libs don’t also mock/call names to their perceived enemies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT