ADVERTISEMENT

Please explain stalling

ICWestfan

HR Legend
May 26, 2005
Are there new rules in place? Watching this meet, every Iowa wrestler has gotten at least one stall call. WTF is up with that?

Reactions: woodsiding
There are new rules. Riding to ride and holding down and covering the hips without working for an angle and turn is now stalling.

I can’t explain the call on Woods.
Yep, he had his guy flat and got called for stalling. The ref has been so quick to call Iowa, but doesn’t want to call it on Nebraska at all. Home cooking I guess.

Gotta think even Manning had to be questioning alot of those calls. But maybe not, he is who he is.

Inconsistent, head-scratching stall calls...another example of why many of us want freestyle to replace folkstyle. In college folk, riding to just ride is an art form. It sucks.

Any Math majors here that can add up the stall calls on Iowa vs. Nebraska for the total meet?

I’ve been around wrestling my entire life and I honestly can’t remember ever seeing an official struggle as much as we saw last night - especially at this level.

The guy didn’t have a clue how to call stalling, he talked to the wrestlers all night, most of which was nonsense.

At one point he said “I need you in the center, guys” as the wrestlers were in the f’n center of the mat.

That dude should be officiating middle school duals.

Thanks, but that doesn't seem right. Seemed more like 10-2.

Pretty sure the ref had been paid for an even dozen against Iowa. Wonder if they docked his pay?
Just seemed that way because Iowa was hit in matches they were the agressor

Reactions: MitchLL
Are there new rules in place? Watching this meet, every Iowa wrestler has gotten at least one stall call. WTF is up with that?
Stalling has been a hopeless subject for many years now and is lost forever into the abyss. You just gotta put it on ignore if you’re gonna have any hope of watching wrestling and enjoying it.

By the way, is the fish in your avatar…
A) Flexing at the granite ledge,
B) Flipping it the bird, or
C) Calling it for stalling
???

I’ve been around wrestling my entire life and I honestly can’t remember ever seeing an official struggle as much as we saw last night - especially at this level.

The guy didn’t have a clue how to call stalling, he talked to the wrestlers all night, most of which was nonsense.

At one point he said “I need you in the center, guys” as the wrestlers were in the f’n center of the mat.

The cute comments to the wrestlers was nothing more than knowing he was wearing a "mic". Such stupid ass showboating to try and impress somebody.

Guy might actually make Angel seem competent.

In a close dual, which it wasn't, the guy could have really determined the outcome.

I don’t get how the top guy can get called for stalling when he’s accumulating riding time. If anything, the dude in the bottom should be called.

Reactions: sdvike

He was completely clueless as to what was going on in a given position. He was guessing on all his subjective stall calls. His call on Woods on top was one of the worst I have seen. Real was working to turn with nub guy completely bellied out. Crazy. And then in a later match he was fine with somebody throwing double boots and hanging on. He was completely out of his league. Hope he isn’t around in the post season because someone is gonna get screwed by this guy when it really matters.

I don’t get how the top guy can get called for stalling when he’s accumulating riding time. If anything, the dude in the bottom should be called.

Riding to accumulate riding time is more or less against the rules. Hanging on and holding down is no longer allowed. We’ve seen this called differently this year.

The call against Woods was bizarre, as was the failure to call Lovett. He did call it right a few times.

The ref was enforcing new rules that the top wrestler must be attempting to turn his opponent…he just wasn’t doing it well.
Especially when Woods is trying to lock up the arm for the Spencer Special and kept working and nearly had it and he says “nobodys doing nothing i need you both working” and he said it TWICE!!!!
Guy was a clown

Especially when Woods is trying to lock up the arm for the Spencer Special and kept working and nearly had it and he says “nobodys doing nothing i need you both working” and he said it TWICE!!!!
Guy was a clown
Exactly. It wasn't just the stalling calls. The guy kept opening his mouth and showing everyone how clueless he was.

Agree as to the constant yapping. I found the non-stop banter as annoying as the inconsistent stall calls. He was talking to hear himself talk, and most of it was pointless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT