ADVERTISEMENT

Politics Girl is spot on again.

So you have nothing after I cited a court case
Regulating firearms is not "an assault on the 2A"

That Amendment refers directly to "regulation".
Do we regulate/restrict firearms ownership for violent felons, Yes or No?

How about mentally incompetent people and children?

That is an "infringement" on their rights, per your position here.

She has been a pretty common sense speaker to Democrats for a few years. Turned this stuff into a podcast and now she's on CNN, basically calling out the BS lies told by their Republican panelists, right to their faces. If you listen to her she's logical in her thinking. Pissed off? You bet, but aren't a lot of us because of MAGA?
You keep mentioning her appearing regularly on CNN like it's meaningful or adds credibility. Big media political networks are pure propaganda and anyone willingly consuming it is a moron.

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher

D’s commit most of the crimes with guns.

I see no problem with taking guns away from all registered D’s.

It says a well regulated militia.

And your attempt to do what you just did only further exposes what the first gentlemen accused you of.

I would encourage you to learn how those felons are told their rights have been impacted.

She has been a pretty common sense speaker to Democrats for a few years. Turned this stuff into a podcast and now she's on CNN, basically calling out the BS lies told by their Republican panelists, right to their faces. If you listen to her she's logical in her thinking. Pissed off? You bet, but aren't a lot of us because of MAGA?
She’s prone to hyperbole and sometimes outright lies herself. Try listening instead to someone who actually uses common sense, like Smerconish.

Do you actually think that link somehow refutes what I wrote?
Do you dispute that Republicans are in fact actively attempting to legislate against the use of certain types of birth control? Your statement that she is claiming that they are looking at banning "all" forms of birth control might be accurate but that would be as chuckleheaded as denying the fact there is indeed a movement afoot to restrict or even outlaw birth control choice in this country.

Do you dispute that Republicans are in fact actively attempting to legislate against the use of certain types of birth control?
I don’t dispute that at all and never have. Some Republicans (I’m not sure of the percentage but I think it’s probably a minority) would like to ban Plan B contraception and certain types of IUDs.
Your statement that she is claiming that they are looking at banning "all" forms of birth control might be accurate but that would be as chuckleheaded as denying the fact there is indeed a movement afoot to restrict or even outlaw birth control choice in this country.
Do you understand the difference between ‘certain types’ and ‘all forms’?

Politics Girl insisted that Republicans intend to ban all forms of birth control, including condoms and the pill. That’s a blatant lie. There is not one single piece of legislation anywhere in America with a realistic chance of passing that would ban condoms and the pill. In fact, the pill is more accessible than ever now that many states, including several red states, have made it available without a prescription.

I don’t dispute that at all and never have. Some Republicans (I’m not sure of the percentage but I think it’s probably a minority) would like to ban Plan B contraception and certain types of IUDs.
Do you understand the difference between ‘certain types’ and ‘all forms’?

Politics Girl insisted that Republicans intend to ban all forms of birth control, including condoms and the pill. That’s a blatant lie. There is not one single piece of legislation anywhere in America with a realistic chance of passing that would ban condoms and the pill. In fact, the pill is more accessible than ever now that many states, including several red states, have made it available without a prescription.
Clearly I do as I chose my words carefully in my last response. I didn't dispute your claim that Politics Girl stated that Republicans intend to ban "all" forms of birth control and I said so previously. You're clearly not carefully reading my replies today. She stated nothing of the sort in the OP video so I don't know where your sourcing that assertion from.

Reactions: Ree4 and Tom Paris
Clearly I do as I chose my words carefully in my last response. I didn't dispute your claim that Politics Girl stated that Republicans intend to ban "all" forms of birth control and I said so previously. You're clearly not carefully reading my replies today.
You’re not choosing your words as carefully as you think you are, as evidenced by the fact that you thought Republicans voting against a bill that would have enshrined the right to IVF and Plan B was proof that they want to ban all forms of birth control.

She stated nothing of the sort in the OP video so I don't know where your sourcing that assertion from.
From one of the many “Politics Girl Nails It Again” posts that Tommy has kindly blessed us with. It was shortly after [/i]Dobbs[/i], when Democrats leaned hard into the “slippery slope” concept and tried to convince voters ahead of the 2022 midterms that if Republicans get elected then the only form of birth control we’ll have left is thermometers and calendars.

She stated nothing of the sort in the OP video so I don't know where your sourcing that assertion from.
Here’s the thread I was referencing. It looks like she has since deleted her video, probably because even she realized it was horseshit. She made the following claims:

1) Republicans want to ban all forms of birth control.
2) Republicans want to ban all sex outside of marriage.
3) Republicans want to ban gay marriage and gay sex.

Obviously there are some Republicans who would like to ban certain forms of birth control as well as gay marriages. But the rest of her claims are so wildly reckless that you’ll have to forgive me for rolling my eyes anytime Tom thinks Politics Girl has ‘nailed’ anything.

Reactions: abby97
Crazy thing isn't it.

We have a "mid-level high school senior" going against a lady who cannot talk without reading off a screen, as the two best options out of 330m.

But yes, as you said, he was activitly giving one as someone asked the question.
yep one paid someone to do all of their school work, the other had to learn the material.

Trump's real knowledge is that most people are sheep and will not complain when you stiff them and strong arm them if they do. He is not a bright man.

She’s prone to hyperbole and sometimes outright lies herself. Try listening instead to someone who actually uses common sense, like Smerconish.
jesus do you know what hyperbole means? That is the only language trump knows.
I'd suggest if you have a complaint; don't have it be something your guy is literally the worst ever at....

You’re not choosing your words as carefully as you think you are, as evidenced by the fact that you thought Republicans voting against a bill that would have enshrined the right to IVF and Plan B was proof that they want to ban all forms of birth control.

From one of the many “Politics Girl Nails It Again” posts that Tommy has kindly blessed us with. It was shortly after [/i]Dobbs[/i], when Democrats leaned hard into the “slippery slope” concept and tried to convince voters ahead of the 2022 midterms that if Republicans get elected then the only form of birth control we’ll have left is thermometers and calendars.
That's not what I was basing my statement on, I was referring to this within that same article I linked:

Already, legislation has been discussed or proposed in Idaho, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas and Michigan aimed at restricting certain types of contraception, specifically IUDs.

You keep using the words "all forms of birth control" which I never stated, at least be intellectually honest about what I've written instead of making shit up as you go along.

jesus do you know what hyperbole means?
I know exactly hyperbole means, and claiming that Republicans want to outlaw all forms of birth control and all forms of extramarital sex is a good example of hyperbole.

That is the only language trump knows.
I'd suggest if you have a complaint; don't have it be something your guy is literally the worst ever at....
I’d suggest getting your facts straight before posting so you don’t show your ass. Trump is not my guy. I’ve criticized Trump far more than I have criticized Politics Girl. But his stupidity doesn’t give Politics Girl a free pass to lie.

That's not what I was basing my statement on, I was referring to this within that same article I linked:

Already, legislation has been discussed or proposed in Idaho, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas and Michigan aimed at restricting certain types of contraception, specifically IUDs.

You keep using the words "all forms of birth control" which I never stated, at least be intellectually honest about what I've written instead of making shit up as you go along.
I wish you fvcking idiots could read. I said that Politics Girl claimed they wanted to ban all forms of birth control. Since you’re presumably not Politics Girl, I obviously wasn’t talking about you.

When I called her a chucklehead for spreading that obvious lie, you countered by implying I was the chucklehead based on some Republicans wanting to ban IVF and IUDs, which doesn’t even come close to rationalizing her lie.

I know exactly hyperbole means, and claiming that Republicans want to outlaw all forms of birth control and all forms of extramarital sex is a good example of hyperbole.

I’d suggest getting your facts straight before posting so you don’t show your ass. Trump is not my guy. I’ve criticized Trump far more than I have criticized Politics Girl. But his stupidity doesn’t give Politics Girl a free pass to lie.
when time comes to check a box, you will. vote the way you represent yourself on this board. Normally that is not a problem and is the american way. Trump is a direct threat.
Can you find one politician of any importance that had the depth of people that worked for them (in the same party) say they are a threat? nope...
As for the lady in the video... she's pretty spot on. It is not hyperbole to suggest they want to ban abortion is not hyperbole... They say it (vance) when running in primaries and then say the politically easy thing in a general.
You shouldn't have a man (outside obgyn) writing any bills on womens reproductive rights anyways. Most have 0 clue.

when time comes to check a box, you will. vote the way you represent yourself on this board. Normally that is not a problem and is the american way. Trump is a direct threat.
Can you find one politician of any importance that had the depth of people that worked for them (in the same party) say they are a threat? nope...
As for the lady in the video... she's pretty spot on. It is not hyperbole to suggest they want to ban abortion is not hyperbole... They say it (vance) when running in primaries and then say the politically easy thing in a general.
You shouldn't have a man (outside obgyn) writing any bills on womens reproductive rights anyways. Most have 0 clue.
He doesn't know what hyperbole means.

I wish you fvcking idiots could read. I said that Politics Girl claimed they wanted to ban all forms of birth control. Since you’re presumably not Politics Girl, I obviously wasn’t talking about you.

When I called her a chucklehead for spreading that obvious lie, you countered by implying I was the chucklehead based on some Republicans wanting to ban IVF and IUDs, which doesn’t even come close to rationalizing her lie.
There's the insult, I should have known it would fly eventually. I can see now that you're in your endless argument mode. Have a nice day.

e15eb6ce7b80fdb8e08b76b2abe2bbc1.gif

I don’t dispute that at all and never have. Some Most Republicans (I’m not sure of the percentage but I think it’s probably a minority - which is wrong) would like to ban Plan B contraception and certain types of IUDs.
Fixed

Yep.

And we "regulate" ownership for certain groups of people, and that's not an "infringement".
Thx for realizing you were wrong here.
Yep.

And when it was written, “well regulated” meant more like well organized and prepared, not overseen by the government.

No matter how many times I say I’ve never voted for Trump and never will, there’s always at least one dumbass like you claiming otherwise. In 2016 I voted for Kasich in the primary and Johnson in the general. In 2020 I held my nose and voted for Biden. After January 6 I made it clear that not only would I never vote for Trump, but I would never again vote for anyone who aligns with Trump or seeks his endorsement. In 2022 I voted for Greg Landsman over Steve Chabot and I voted for Tim Ryan against JD Vance. You don’t have to believe me and I can’t make you believe me, but it’s 100% true and I’m not sure why you think I would lie about that. To paraphrase Sean Connery in “The Untouchables”, who would claim to do that, who did not?

yep one paid someone to do all of their school work, the other had to learn the material.

Trump's real knowledge is that most people are sheep and will not complain when you stiff them and strong arm them if they do. He is not a bright man.
Bold stance to go with "she does her own work"..... after she got busted plagiarizing her own book yesterday.

Yep.

And when it was written, “well regulated” meant more like well organized and prepared

No; it meant "well regulated".

Which does not REQUIRE the government to be the regulator; simply to provide the regulations.
In case you're unaware, there are loads of industry regulations which are not maintained by the government, at all; they are required by governments, but they are administered and managed by private entities.

No; it meant "well regulated".

Which does not REQUIRE the government to be the regulator; simply to provide the regulations.
In case you're unaware, there are loads of industry regulations which are not maintained by the government, at all; they are required by governments, but they are administered and managed by private entities.
A well regulated militia, being necessary.....

It was nothing about the firearms being well regulated, and the lefts constant attempt to make things what they are not is pathetic.

There is a reason zero ground will ever be conceded regarding the 2 A and YOU are that reason.

There's the insult, I should have known it would fly eventually. I can see now that you're in your endless argument mode. Have a nice day.

e15eb6ce7b80fdb8e08b76b2abe2bbc1.gif
You had multiple opportunities to get your shit together and you failed repeatedly. Learn now to read so that I have no reason to insult you.

It was nothing about the firearms being well regulated, and the lefts constant attempt to make things what they are not is pathetic.

There is a reason zero ground will ever be conceded regarding the 2 A and YOU are that reason.
You’re such a little drama queen. You probably wear as much makeup as your hero does too. Funny how it doesn’t seem to bother you that Trump is turning into Caitlyn Jenner.

The whole amendment is about firearms

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT