• Toe Bar Over

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Toe Bar Under

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
How do you lace your sneakers? Out of the box, they are always 'toe bar over'. Do you relace them?

TOE BAR OVER:
2MdP95c.png

TOE BAR UNDER:

ggTGbnm.png

Under.

And side note, when I was in the Army, it was under with a knot on one pair of boots and under without a knot on the other. One of the stupid quirks OSUT ingrained in my brain that I finally flushed when I retired.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Under.

And side note, when I was in the Army, it was under with a knot on one pair of boots and under without a knot on the other. One of the stupid quirks OSUT ingrained in my brain that I finally flushed when I retired.
^this^

And I've been pulling laces out of new shoes to completely start over with the under ever since. Another thing is, not only do shoe manufacturers start with an over bar (which is fine), they continue feeding the laces up the shoe by going over the eyelets. This technique actually makes it more difficult to tighten up the shoe.

So, when I relace my sneakers, I not only start with an under toe bar, I maintain the under threading through out. Watch how this psychopath inserts the laces from the outside in, instead of inside out.

Last edited:
And just when I thought I'd seen all the worst and useless posts on this board.....

Hell, I can remember in my youth the question was whether to roll the tongues on our Chuck All-Stars.

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
^this^

And I've been pulling laces out of new shoes to completely start over with the under ever since. Another thing is, not only do shoe manufacturers start with an over bar (which is fine), they continue feeding the laces up the show by going over the eyelets. This technique actually makes it more difficult to tighten up the shoe.

So, when I relace my sneakers, I not only start with an under toe bar, I maintain the under threading through out. Watch how this psychopath inserts the laces from the outside in, instead of inside out.

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

With my running shoes, I use the extra eyelet to create a "lock" for the laces. That way I don't have to double knot and they won't loosen.

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
And just when I thought I'd seen all the worst and useless posts on this board.....
A. You must have Colonoscopy on ignore.
B. Would you rather talk about Biden and/or Trump?
Hell, I can remember in my youth the question was whether to roll the tongues on our Chuck All-Stars.
All I remember about my childhood Chucks was getting fat fluorescent laces from the County Fair so we could sport these puppies!

neonlime01.jpg

Have you taken a look at this board? It’s all useless posts. Only difference is this one isn’t politically driven. Well not yet anyway.

However they come from the store. I can’t remember lacing up a pair of shoes from scratch at any point in at least the last couple decades.

I seem to recall being instructed to lace "bar at the bottom, X at the top" during Air Force basic training.

(but remember, Air Force basic back then was like being at Boy Scout camp C.S. Klaus)

Like others said how ever they come from the store, then the few pairs of shoes that I have with laces. And there are not many anymore as most are slip on shoes. I take the end of the laces and put them under the sole. I haven't tied a pair of shoes in years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT