ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Should Kirk retire after this season?

Should Kirk retire after the 2024 season?

• Total voters
It is Kirk's choice, but if he truly loves the program and fan base, he'll do the right thing. If not.....he burns bridges and ruins legacy
I agree with you, but if he truly loved the program, and fan base, and did the right thing, Beth Goetz would not have had to fire his son. So, I don't have a lot of faith and trust in the guy that he would do the right thing.

I agree with you, but if he truly loved the program, and fan base, and did the right thing, Beth Goetz would not have had to fire his son. So, I don't have a lot of faith and trust in the guy that he would do the right thing.

I can see Mary telling him....lets enjoy retirement. He deserves it. Hayden left the cupboard bare. Does he really want to do the same?

Anyone who thinks Kirk will "do the right thing" needs to google the definition of "gullible".

• Haha
Reactions: Iron Doc
It’s certainly not my call, or anyone else’s call. Tough place to be, but handle this well.

Kirk deserves it. He loves this state and the job. He never held us hostage in negotiations. He raised his family here.

I get the restlessness. I’m there, also.

t’s certainly not my call, or anyone else’s call.

it’s Beth Goetz’ call. It’s a tough spot for her but ADs make tough calls all the time.

Kirk has rightfully earned a large amount of good will over the course of his time at Iowa but I would argue that he has exhausted nearly all of it the past 5-6 years.

it’s Beth Goetz’ call. It’s a tough spot for her but ADs make tough calls all the time.

Kirk has rightfully earned a large amount of good will over the course of his time at Iowa but I would argue that he has exhausted nearly all of it the past 5-6 years.
I agree on some fronts.

He is our Woody Hayes/Schembechler/Paterno. Those guys are treated with a reverence that’s deifying. He’s not getting treated as such. Maybe it’s the farmer in the state that says these fields aren’t yielding what they used to.

He’s not a field.

I feel that a youth infusion is needed. But you’ve got to, got to be smart about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT