ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Starship's 4th Integrated Test Flight tentatively June 6

The SpaceX fan is an odd breed. Who else is convinced that their media consumption habits (i.e. reading rocket articles) are contributing to advancement of the species?

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
HEY!!! He has "science degrees"!!! He also worked for NASA...(I'm beginning to wonder if there's another NASA out there). And he's a "lawyer" so you better watch out!!

I finally blocked him...he's a troll. He just wants to keep you arguing and will say any stupid shit to get it.
Good. Won’t have to see the absolute crap spilling
from your black hole of a brain any longer

Yes....that's EXACTLY what I've told you here.

And - GUESS WHAT!!!?? - you could very likely use your attached rockets to send an asteroid towards Jupiter, and slingshot it straight back to where Earth will be in a few years....

#SlingshotEffect
#StandardDeepSpaceProbeTrajectories
Same problem, you moron. The easiest way to mine asteroids is to go there, see what minerals you want, put them in the payload bay and head home without having to drag that monster with you.

The SpaceX fan is an odd breed. Who else is convinced that their media consumption habits (i.e. reading rocket articles) are contributing to advancement of the species?
Better than the little selfish, whiney, cowardly twits like you who want to sit on your fat asses and act like you did something that matters

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Right? How hard would it be to say “hey this launch was a cluster eff because Elon thought he was smarter than everyone else. But I still believe in the company and it’s mission.“
Instead we get 13 pages from his super fans telling us all this was the greatest success in modern history.

Better than the little selfish, whiney, cowardly twits like you who want to sit on your fat asses and act like you did something that matters
No, dummy, that is you. You are doing that. Right now. And you don't realize it, which was my point. I take it you think it's courageous to read rocket articles? Thanks for your service, rocket article boy.

Right? How hard would it be to say “hey this launch was a cluster eff because Elon thought he was smarter than everyone else. But I still believe in the company and it’s mission.“
Instead we get 13 pages from his super fans telling us all this was the greatest success in modern history.
Just get over yourself, Florida boy. We all know that the real reason that you and the rest of your allegedly “progressive” butt buddies on here are taking swipes at SpaceX.

You don’t like Musk. Fine, I don’t either ever since he decided he was God, got into political shitflings, and bought Twitter. Ever since, his judgement seems to be way off, including his decision to launch Starship without a damper.

He should have stuck to Tesla and SpaceX.

The fact is that you wankers are just risk averse Luddites. Cuz you got a beef with a guy who isn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
No, dummy, that is you. You are doing that. Right now. And you don't realize it, which was my point. I take it you think it's courageous to read rocket articles? Thanks for your service, rocket article boy.
I didn’t just read rocket articles, I have participated in the aerospace industry as a lawyer and am proud of that. Much better than declaring yourself the UNINFORMED arbiter of the space exploration effort, like you have.

If you don’t have the desire and courage to participate, then sit on the sidelines and STFU.

I didn’t just read rocket articles, I have participated in the aerospace industry as a lawyer and am proud of that. Much better than declaring yourself the UNINFORMED arbiter of the space exploration effort, like you have.

If you don’t have the desire and courage to participate, then sit on the sidelines and STFU.

No, I'll continue to criticize you self-important rocket idiots who see yourselves as saviors of the species. Thanks for your concern, though.

No, I'll continue to criticize you self-important rocket idiots who see yourselves as saviors of the species. Thanks for your concern, though.
Good luck with that you post-modernist Luddite. Nobody is gonna listen to your little cowardly whine. If they do, this society is in big trouble.

You guys aren’t progressive at all. You are just quitters.

Good luck with that you post-modernist Luddite. Nobody is gonna listen to your little cowardly whine. If they do, this society is in big trouble.

You guys aren’t progressive at all. You are just quitters.
You seem to think space travel is the end all be all for humanity. The level of myopia is off the charts.

Reactions: noleclone2
You seem to think space travel is the end all be all for humanity. The level of myopia is off the charts.
I never said that. But it certainly is more important and beneficial than gun possession, oil and coal exploration, racism, military build-up, anti-wokeness, and an attitude that says - “We can’t do this, it’s too hard. We gotta fix Earth. We have to return to the days when exploration is considered a bad thing.”

Christ!

So you’re trying to tell me that the static payload that Starship could potentially lift is equivalent to the mass and inertia of an asteroid large enough to survive Earth’s atmosphere, make it to the surface of the planet and then whatever is left of the asteroid and humanity- could be mined on the Earth’s surface (your original stupidity)? I think not.

The applicable equations of orbital mechanics may not differ greatly, but the RESULTS of those equations sure as Hell do when you apply distance, mass, inertia, and the effects of gravity to the two objects you are trying to get together.

BTW, I amended it to another launch in six months, Andy Kaufman, Jr. Check the thread. And that possibly is still doable.
I will happily still bet you on the 6 month launch date, even with your amendment.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
I never said that. But it certainly is more important and beneficial than gun possession, oil and coal exploration, racism, military build-up, anti-wokeness, and an attitude that says - “We can’t do this, it’s too hard. We gotta fix Earth. We have to return to the days when exploration is considered a bad thing.”

Christ!
Nobody here thinks exploration is bad. Speaking for myself, I do dislike neoliberalism which SpaceX is the poster child of. How long before they're contracting the military instead of the other way around? If the space mines are owned by a for-profit outfit and they're as lucrative as the "first trillionaire" rhetoric we've heard, they'll wield more political power than anyone in history. I certainly don't consider this concentration of power a good outcome, whatever the technology means for the species.

Just get over yourself, Florida boy. We all know that the real reason that you and the rest of your allegedly “progressive” butt buddies on here are taking swipes at SpaceX.

You don’t like Musk. Fine, I don’t either ever since he decided he was God, got into political shitflings, and bought Twitter. Ever since, his judgement seems to be way off, including his decision to launch Starship without a damper.

He should have stuck to Tesla and SpaceX.

The fact is that you wankers are just risk averse Luddites. Cuz you got a beef with a guy who isn’t.
Tell the truth, you're like 15 aren't you?
Not a bright 15, but still...15.

• Love
Nobody here thinks exploration is bad. Speaking for myself, I do dislike neoliberalism which SpaceX is the poster child of. How long before they're contracting the military instead of the other way around? If the space mines are owned by a for-profit outfit and they're as lucrative as the "first trillionaire" rhetoric we've heard, they'll wield more political power than anyone in history. I certainly don't consider this concentration of power a good outcome, whatever the technology means for the species.
Well, here’s the deal, my good man. I’m not entirely sure why you consider that SpaceX is the poster child of neoliberalism other than that fool Musk being it’s founder. SpaceX is now 12,000 employees.
I believe the space mining effort will be a cooperation between the government and private enterprise. It will have to be regulated. And I think the governments of the world are WAY behind the eight ball in this regard. The Space Treaty of the 1960s is inadequate. We have to come up with some sort of law of the land for space. It can’t be like the wild, Wild West of the 1800s.

The easiest way to mine asteroids is to go there, see what minerals you want, put them in the payload bay and head home

No; It's NOT "the easiest". That is WHY people are proposing to bring them back whole to the moon, or to Earth/Moon orbit.

Just because you saw a movie about this, doesn't make that a documentary...

• Haha
No; It's NOT "the easiest". That is WHY people are proposing to bring them back whole to the moon, or to Earth/Moon orbit.

Just because you saw a movie about this, doesn't make that a documentary...
You know bright boy, maybe we might do both?

Oh Balemboy. You are just envious of my prose and poetry! Lol
My favorite part of this post was picturing you with a smile on your face as you typed it thinking it sounded so intelligent and grown up. Totally not something a 15 year old would type!

My favorite part of this post was picturing you with a smile on your face as you typed it thinking it sounded so intelligent and grown up. Totally not something a 15 year old would type!
Oh, you can have your fantasies, I suppose.

You know bright boy, maybe we might do both?

No; we will not "do both"

Are you completely ignorant to the risks posed to space travelers once they move outside Earth's protective magnetic field? And the shielding needed to protect astronauts from cosmic rays?

Who will sign up for a ~10-20 year trip to go to an asteroid, with no guarantee you'll even get back? Even JUST going to Mars is a multi-year trip.

And this completely ignores the risks that zero-gravity poses to your health over just "a year" in space.

Space mining is going to be done robotically; they'll use robots to attach the thrusters to an asteroid, and slingshot it back towards Earth around Jupiter. They aren't going to run it like you see in the movies.

Are you completely ignorant to the risks posed to space travelers once they move outside Earth's protective magnetic field? And the shielding needed to protect astronauts from cosmic rays?

Who will sign up for a ~10-20 year trip to go to an asteroid, with no guarantee you'll even get back? Even JUST going to Mars is a multi-year trip.

And this completely ignores the risks that zero-gravity poses to your health over just "a year" in space.

Space mining is going to be done robotically; they'll use robots to attach the thrusters to an asteroid, and slingshot it back towards Earth around Jupiter. They aren't going to run it like you see in the movies.
I didn’t say it wouldn’t be robotic, certainly initially, you twink. But I can tell you this - No robot is going to be able to latch onto an asteroid, sling it around Jupiter one time and have it rendezvous in Lunar or Earth orbit. Show me how that’s done, rocket boy? Let’s see the flight path and the orbital mechanics that works with that? You won’t cuz you can’t.

Eventually, humans will live in the Asteroid belt, the Oort Cloud, or the Jovian and Saturnian moons and they will all be mining asteroids.

You will be dead.

And radiation shielding has already been determined. But you wouldn’t know that would you, space moron newbie.

You’re an ignorant idiot, who doesn’T know WTF he is talking about, and argues just for the sake of argument. I’m done with this thread.

And radiation shielding has already been determined.
LOL

No; it hasn't. Not for years in space. They're looking at building moon bases in extinct lava caves/tubes on the moon for exactly this reason. No "lava caves" in any of the rocket designs I've seen...

(although they have discussed using large water tanks to absorb those energetic rays)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT