ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Starship's 4th Integrated Test Flight tentatively June 6

Face it. You outkicked your coverage here, against someone with an actual physics and math degree.

Take the L. Move on.
Oh Jesus! Someone with a physics and math degree?!?!
I think I might faint.

Well, I worked for NASA and I have science degrees and a law degree as well. So get bent.

BTW, Ws or Ls on this board are meaningless. The fact that you think they count just is a testament to your insecurity.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and believe all the people that work there and how they cheered and were cheesing so hard after it was all done. Clearly a grand level of success although not total. Certainly nowhere even close to an "embarrassing failure". Weird that you guys feel the need to spin this in a negative light for political reasons.
LMAO. The Twitter links I used were from an aerospace engineer. What’s weird is multiple engines failing, a destroyed launch pad, and an out of control rocket that was detonated before it exploded or crashed in ocean is being breathlessly hailed as a success. They were in reality set back YEARS from this test. We won’t likely see another test flight of Starship for sure this year and probably the next, from what I am reading.

SpaceX has had great success. I like and root for them. They are having some issues with this one, and there should be no reason to spin it.

Oh Jesus! Someone with a physics and math degree?!?!
I think I might faint.

Well, I worked for NASA and I have science degrees and a law degree as well.
Sure, Jan.

That's why you didn't understand how bringing asteroids back to Earth was so fundamentally basic.
Cleaning toilets at NASA doesn't count here.

No more Starship launches until 2025….? We’ll see about that.
It’ll happen within 3 months. It was an uncrewed flight, for Christ’s sake! Nobody died or was injured. The launch pad was damaged because SpaceX stupidly didn’t install flame dampening. They will next launch.

Stop acting like this was an abject failure. It was not.

No more Starship launches until 2025….? We’ll see about that.
Indeed. There is a lot of redesign needed and new round of FAA clearance. This was a bad bad launch. I mean, yeah it is epic they got a huge rocket to lift off ground for about 2,000 feet before all hell broke lose and it destroyed launch pad and they had to blow up as it did cartwheels over the gulf. They have a ton of work to do to make this viable.

No; they do not.

The moon orbits the Earth just like smaller satellites do. It just has a much larger impact on Earth e.g. tides, etc.
What?? You have a physics degree and you are somehow claiming that mass and inertia have no effect on orbital mechanics??

Really????

It’ll happen within 3 months. It was an uncrewed flight, for Christ’s sake! Nobody died or was injured. The launch pad was damaged because SpaceX stupidly didn’t install flame dampening. They will next launch.

Stop acting like this was an abject failure. It was not.
I’ll take some of this action.

That’s what you think. Like I said, ever see the launch pad after a Space Shuttle launch?
Yes. Clearly you have not since you keep acting like they were static pads with no diversion. Your fan boys are simply incredible. Why cantbyou admit it was bad.

Here is a more recent and applicable article on minimum damage done by Artemis launch. You in for a bet on 90 days to next test ?

What?? You have a physics degree and you are somehow claiming that mass and inertia have no effect on orbital mechanics??
Not what I'd posted at all.

You can’t just attach “MORE ion thrusters onto a bigger rock“ and bring it back, you dolt. The orbital mechanics and physics just don’t work to do that.

Sure you can. Orbital mechanics and physics are exactly the same.

They do not change with the size of the rock.

The governing MECHANICS and EQUATIONS are NOT DIFFERENT or DEPENDENT on the mass of the objects.

F=MA

You have a bigger rock, you need ion thrusters to provide MORE FORCE to obtain the same acceleration.

F/M = A
2F/2M = A
10,000F/10,000M=A

Olive branch to the Musk fan boys and the bigger subset of SpaceX fans. Getting to Mars and next generation bigger rockets is not a simple task, so failures are ok. You just can’t spin them as breathless successes.

Yes. Clearly you have not since you keep acting like they were static pads with no diversion. Your fan boys are simply incredible. Why cantbyou admit it was bad.

Here is a more recent and applicable article on minimum damage done by Artemis launch. You in for a bet on 90 days to next test ?

I got news for you buttboys. The FAA isn’t gonna be all that concerned about the damage to the pad. They know why it happened. SpaceX knows why it happened. It’s an easy fix, as I’ve said. They simply didn’t put in the necessary flame dampening tech. Dumb-admittedly.

But fixable and not fatal. Get over it.

Olive branch to the Musk fan boys and the bigger subset of SpaceX fans. Getting to Mars and next generation bigger rockets is not a simple task, so failures are ok. You just can’t spin them as breathless successes.
Certainly not breathless success. Certainly not abject failure. Certainly somewhere in the middle.

Not what I'd posted at all.

The governing MECHANICS and EQUATIONS are NOT DIFFERENT
or DEPENDENT on the mass of the objects.

F=MA

You have a bigger rock, you need ion thrusters to provide MORE FORCE to obtain the same acceleration.

F/M = A
2F/2M = A
10,000F/10,000M=A
Good luck with that equation, asteroid boy!

I got news for you buttboys. The FAA isn’t gonna be all that concerned about the damage to the pad. They know why it happened. SpaceX knows why it happened. It’s an easy fix, as I’ve said. They simply didn’t put in the necessary flame dampening tech. Dumb-admittedly.

But fixable and not fatal. Get over it.
Nowhere in that rant did I hear you accepting YOUR 90 day bet…buttboy. LMAO. You are borderline pathetic.

Certainly not breathless success. Certainly not abject failure. Certainly somewhere in the middle.
I can live with that. Go talk to the peeps claiming it was awesome and a success.

PS it is way closer to abject failure. Basically a participation trophy for not exploding on pad.

Indeed. There is a lot of redesign needed and new round of FAA clearance. This was a bad bad launch. I mean, yeah it is epic they got a huge rocket to lift off ground for about 2,000 feet before all hell broke lose and it destroyed launch pad and they had to blow up as it did cartwheels over the gulf. They have a ton of work to do to make this viable.

Despite an explosion, Elon Musk is closer to his new space age​

SpaceX’s Starship spacecraft is far more advanced than its competitors​

People should google the Soviet N1 Rocket.

69996201_2472187272860557_5838255646541086720_n.jpg

images

GOHOX69, you Neanderthal: The N1 has about as much similarity to Starship as the Wright Brothers plane to the X-1.

It’s really tough to decide who’s the bigger idiot, you or that freak, Tarheel. You both are proof that inbreeding causes stupidity.

• Haha
GOHOX69, you Neanderthal: The N1 has about as much similarity to Starship as the Wright Brothers plane to the X-1.

It’s really tough to decide who’s the bigger idiot, you or that freak, Tarheel. You both are proof that inbreeding causes stupidity.
Haha, you didn't get oxygen in the womb did you, moron?

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place

And we could throw that dope Joe’s Place in the same slime with you two.

What you complete twits don’t understand (other than your mutual circle jerk hatred for Musk) is that you are about to be swamped by the private and government space industry.

Do you have any idea how much the frequency of space launches has increased? From once a year in 2011 to once a month in 2016, to once a week in 2021, and now even more frequently.

You MEffers are just complete archaic dumbasses. Get with the program, Buggyboys!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT