ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Starship's 4th Integrated Test Flight tentatively June 6

Did our resident rocket science experts know SpaceX has another OLM being built at Kennedy Space Center?

R.efab44b66cd4c485e5f073e44c73d6fb

The rocket can, at worst, be called a successful failure. The launch pad, on the other hand....
I think there for sure is a sweet spot between “it was an abject failure and will never work” and “it was a major success”.

The rocket did lift off briefly but they got a lot of work to still do before this is operational and safely flying humans.

Right? How hard would it be to say “hey this launch was a cluster eff because Elon thought he was smarter than everyone else. But I still believe in the company and it’s mission.“
Instead we get 13 pages from his super fans telling us all this was the greatest success in modern history.
The question is how hard is it to admit this was successful in the way they work. Admit this is how Space X advances.
Instead we get 13 pages from political hacks that claim if this first rocket didn't make it to the moon and back then it was a complete failure.

The question is how hard is it to admit this was successful in the way they work. Admit this is how Space X advances.
Instead we get 13 pages from political hacks that claim if this first rocket didn't make it to the moon and back then it was a complete failure.
How is this political?!?!?

Reactions: BelemNole
You gonna hop on the next one?

I think there for sure is a sweet spot between “it was an abject failure and will never work” and “it was a major success”.

The rocket did lift off briefly but they got a lot of work to still do before this is operational and safely flying humans.
Even had the launch gone smoothly, this would have still been true. I'm assuming they can identify the faults that caused the rocket to fail and fix them but a successful second launch doesn't necessarily put people on the third launch - but that second launch better be successful.

No rocket on this scale has ever been flown...nothing even approaching it. It's mind-bottling to imagine what this vehicle could be capable of.

63231605-11290893-image-a-12_1665159994694.jpg

Link/quotes?

We'll see buddy. Same about the cybertruck. Imminent.
Well, I’m back to respond to the dumbassery on this thread:

1. Yes, there have been comparable launch systems before- Saturn V, Space Shuttle and Artemis. Not as large, but comparable.

2. If any organization can get Starship launched fairly quickly after this, it is SpaceX. NOT Elon Musk - SPACEX. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, contrary to what the rocket scientists on this board believe. Steve Jobs is long dead, APPLE is not. And yes, you so-called “Progressives” on this board (and I tend to be with you politically), you are being semantically and politically judgmental in your viewpoints. You simply hate Musk. Your viewpoints have nothing to do with science, aerospace engineering, or experience.

3. Yeah, the FAA will look at it, as they should. But it is quite clear what the problem was. A regrettable and dumb decision to launch a heavy lift rocket without flame and thrust dampening. It’s an easy fix.

4. You fake scientists and post-modernist piss-panters, should just avoid the subject. You have no clue.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Well, I’m back to respond to the dumbassery on this thread:

1. Yes, there have been comparable launch systems before- Saturn V, Space Shuttle and Artemis. Not as large, but comparable.

2. If any organization can get Starship launched fairly quickly after this, it is SpaceX. NOT Elon Musk - SPACEX. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, contrary to what the rocket scientists on this board believe. Steve Jobs is long dead, APPLE is not. And yes, you so-called “Progressives” on this board (and I tend to be with you politically), you are being semantically and politically judgmental in your viewpoints. You simply hate Musk. Your viewpoints have nothing to do with science, aerospace engineering, or experience.

3. Yeah, the FAA will look at it, as they should. But it is quite clear what the problem was. A regrettable and dumb decision to launch a heavy lift rocket without flame and thrust dampening. It’s an easy fix.

4. You fake scientists and post-modernist piss-panters, should just avoid the subject. You have no clue.
Please explain the various types of cryogenic engines in use. Go.

You're an idiot and I called you out on it.
What the Hell sort of incoherence are you spewing now? I’m not spending any more time educating you regarding orbital and celestial mechanics, asteroids, Starship, SpaceX, NASA and it’s launch vehicles, cryogenic fuels, or solid rocket boosters. You are in way over your head, Major Tom.

What the Hell sort of incoherence are you spewing now? I’m not spending any more time educating you regarding orbital and celestial mechanics, asteroids, Starship, SpaceX, NASA and it’s launch vehicles, cryogenic fuels, or solid rocket boosters. You are in way over your head, Major Tom.
Now that we know you know squat about rocketry, what type of law do you practice? Which mental institution lets you log on here?

What does post-modernism have to do with space flight

Post-Modernism:

“A general and wide-ranging term which is applied to literature, art, philosophy, architecture, fiction, and cultural and literary criticism, among others. Postmodernism is largely a reaction to the assumed certainty of scientific, or objective, efforts to explain reality.”

In this context, it is the rejection of science and objective analysis of space exploration. It is the multitude of articles, mostly (but not always) written by 25-40 year old scientific twits who think space exploration won’t work, it’s too hard, or “we have better things to do.”

It is a risk averse philosophy towards life and science. Counterproductive, and an ”isolationist“ view of living and exploration. It is stupid.

Post-Modernism:

“A general and wide-ranging term which is applied to literature, art, philosophy, architecture, fiction, and cultural and literary criticism, among others. Postmodernism is largely a reaction to the assumed certainty of scientific, or objective, efforts to explain reality.”

In this context, it is the rejection of science and objective analysis of space exploration. It is the multitude of articles, mostly (but not always) written by 25-40 year old scientific twits who think space exploration won’t work, it’s too hard, or “we have better things to do.”

It is a risk averse philosophy towards life and science. Counterproductive, and an ”isolationist“ view of living and exploration. It is stupid.
Ahh so you are using a general and wide ranging term in a really weird context to sound smarter when bitching about critiques of your pet article reading hobby. In your mind this is justified because of all the good you're doing humanity with the attitude of a, ummm, non-Luddite. Yeah you're totally reasonable

Ahh so you are using a general and wide ranging term in a really weird context to sound smarter when bitching about critiques of your pet article reading hobby. In your mind this is justified because of all the good you're doing humanity with the attitude of a, ummm, non-Luddite. Yeah you're totally reasonable
You do realize he's a nutcase right? He claims to be an attorney and rocket scientist. He doesn't have a basic grasp of either discipline.

Oh, if that makes any sense to me? Not really, post-modernist Luddite boy.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT