ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue

HoustonREDHawk

HR Legend
Feb 5, 2003
Matt Painter runs a really good program, but he sure is an awful game coach. On their way to gagging up a game against Ark Little Rock. No offense for Purdue for final few minutes and OTs.

Matt Painter runs a really good program, but he sure is an awful game coach. On their way to gagging up a game against Ark Little Rock. No offense for Purdue for final few minutes and OTs.
Hard to execute any offense when you're turning the ball over a billion times. That team needs some guards who can handle the ball, for cripes sake.

Wow, talk about a choke job. Damn, I was hoping Purdue would kill Iowa State.

Looked like a Mike Gesell impersonation there at the end.

Talk about a double whammy, not only do we get to hear about the B1G being overrated now, but it gives Iowa State a damn cakewalk to the sweet 16.

Friggin purdue, today they took a big step forward to actually becoming a hatred rival for real!

They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Very Hawkeye-like....blow a late lead....other team hits a ridiculous off-balance three to force overtime, then muck it up with a chance to win at the end.

No guards and poor decision making by the team at the end cost them the game.
It is simple , you need good to great guards to succeed in college hoops.

Reactions: LuteHawk
Agree, hey Fran, I hope you were watching this game.

This is what happens when you try to have a really good team without an elite PG.

Also agree 83- Look just like the end of a Hawkeye game basically.

Other teams making crazy 3's - CHECK
Team making terrible late game decisions and plays - CHECK

I think Fran knows he needs a point, but it is not easy getting a good one.

Wow, talk about a choke job. Damn, I was hoping Purdue would kill Iowa State.
You guys are falling in to the trap of judging teams solely on one tournament game because it fits the narrative you wanted to believe a year ago. It's a tournament and almost everyone in it is pretty good or has been playing well. Not rocket science.

I'd like to see the replay. Didn't have a great look watching from my desk but it appeared his foot was on the line.

He pump faked, brought his foot back and shot. It was pretty clearly a 3. Had a pretty good look from my couch.

True but I think we can all agree that Iona and A-LR isn't a real tough path to the sweet sixteen

No doubt but anything can happen in the tournament. ISU needs to tighten up on O, D and hit the glass or the dancing will come to a quick end.

Reactions: MacroCy

Talk about a double whammy, not only do we get to hear about the B1G being overrated now, but it gives Iowa State a damn cakewalk to the sweet 16.

Friggin purdue, today they took a big step forward to actually becoming a hatred rival for real!
Not really, Baylor got upset, too. They swept ISU this year. Texas Tech is out, too.

purdon't was maybe the biggest underperformers of the B1G this year. Outside of getting to the B1G title game, they were fairly pedestrian throughout the year. And then crap out first game in the NCAA tourney. As long as maryland doesn't lose before the sweet 16, purdon't should take the title of biggest disappointment from the conference.

The fact that they didn't even try to get the ball to Hammonds in either overtime is unbelievable.

On the flip side, that guard for Little Rock morphed in Steph Curry for a while there. The 3 at the end of regulation was big time

Painter did a terrible job. They slow the game down with the lead to run some clock and LR turns up the heat and steals the game. Also, allowing that 25 ft. three pointer to tie the game when you could have fouled them with six seconds left was clearly a mistake.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
I never understand this logic. So it is easier for Iowa State to play the team that beat Purdue than it would have been to play Purdue? Makes no sense.
The better team doesn't always win. I could literally give a million examples of this. Literally.

I think Fran knows he needs a point, but it is not easy getting a good one.
With Connor coming in to play pg with Bohannon & Williams, I don't see Fran trying to get an elite pg anytime soon, unfortunately. :-(

I never understand this logic. So it is easier for Iowa State to play the team that beat Purdue than it would have been to play Purdue? Makes no sense.

It makes sense if you have a little insight into how sports work.

First of all there's matchups, second and more importantly the better team doesn't win every game.

That guard for lr will never hit those shots again.

You know as well as everyone else that you would rather play alr than Purdue.

The same way Duke is allot happier to play Yale.

Painter did a terrible job. They slow the game down with the lead to run some clock and LR turns up the heat and steals the game. Also, allowing that 25 ft. three pointer to tie the game when you could have fouled them with six seconds left was clearly a mistake.

He must have called Fran and asked what to do with a lead.

Reactions: MTHawkeyes43
Utah is doing the same thing now.

The guards want to do their thing instead of force feeding the big man.

It's what separates guys like Izzo and Coach K from the rest. They simply will not tolerate their players to do anything other than exactly what they are suposed to.

Purdue has ever done anything in the tournament. They do well in the Bigten,but can never get it done in the NCAA. I wouldn't count ISU in just yet. They have been just as futile despite some good teams. If Little Rock can beat Purdue,they can sure beat ISU.

Painter would have loved to have Mike as his PG this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT