ADVERTISEMENT

Pure Molly D appreciation

Molly was huge tonight, Caitlyn hit foul trouble that was contested and had to come out. That could have been a big momentum opportunity for Indiana, but Molly shut it down hard and fast. She was aggressive with her shot, grabbed a defensive breakaway lay-up and delivered a behind the back pass in the paint for a big assist. Just an inspiring night for her.

She needs to keep playing well and creating for herself and her teammates. We are pretty tough when she's playing really well, like last nite.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Indiana coach was quite dismissive of Molly's skill in her post-game remarks. A peek inside this narcissistic individual. Molly was money!!

In 32 minutes last night, Molly was 2-4 (50%) from three and 7-10 (70%) overall for 18 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and just 1 turnover.

Check this out & watch:

She is a superstar!!! We don’t win tonight without her. On a somewhat related note like many of you, the first 10 games of the season, I didn’t necessarily think we had what it takes…. But I was enjoying the ride.

About that time I just started watching women’s basketball for some reason and I started watching a lot of the teams play. About that time we suddenly started picking up our game…

This team is way more than Caitlyn. She is amazing and we’re not on this radar level without her but we have some very good basketball players, and we are better this year than we were last year by a long margin.

There are teams, we will struggle with. That’s a fact, but against this tall athletic Maryland team was a good way to start!

Since Marshall’s shot started falling and the Molly Davis Indiana game. I legit believe it’s South Carolina then Iowa and Kansas State… Admittedly, I don’t know tons about the pack, 12 teams, other than following their highlights and their stats….

NC St is real good, Va Tech is still a threat. UCONN, there will be some really athletic SEC teams like Auburn that could give someone fits in the tournament…

But we are really good! It’s the mark of an incredible team to put a team down like we did on our first half run, and then the start of the second half and then give up what 16+ point lead…

And put it back down on them again! After even losing the lead!

The full text of the tweet:

Lisa Bluder on Molly D:

“She's always been there but Molly's not a person that is going to say, ‘Give me the ball.’ She just isn't. She's a person that wants this team to win, whatever that role is. This game, it was that we needed her to step up. She had 17 points. Another game, she might have six assists. She doesn't care.”

She is a superstar!!! We don’t win tonight without her. On a somewhat related note like many of you, the first 10 games of the season, I didn’t necessarily think we had what it takes…. But I was enjoying the ride.

About that time I just started watching women’s basketball for some reason and I started watching a lot of the teams play. About that time we suddenly started picking up our game…

This team is way more than Caitlyn. She is amazing and we’re not on this radar level without her but we have some very good basketball players, and we are better this year than we were last year by a long margin.

There are teams, we will struggle with. That’s a fact, but against this tall athletic Maryland team was a good way to start!

Since Marshall’s shot started falling and the Molly Davis Indiana game. I legit believe it’s South Carolina then Iowa and Kansas State… Admittedly, I don’t know tons about the pack, 12 teams, other than following their highlights and their stats….

NC St is real good, Va Tech is still a threat. UCONN, there will be some really athletic SEC teams like Auburn that could give someone fits in the tournament…

But we are really good! It’s the mark of an incredible team to put a team down like we did on our first half run, and then the start of the second half and then give up what 16+ point lead…

And put it back down on them again! After even losing the lead!

You have to add USC, Stanford. UConn is actually pretty good but just always hurt. Kansas St. without Lee is certainly good but not great.

LSU has a ton of talent, can't count out what they can do.

I think it is South Carolina and everyone else... but I really think Iowa can get to the final four with the everyone else.

You have to add USC, Stanford. UConn is actually pretty good but just always hurt. Kansas St. without Lee is certainly good but not great.

I think it is South Carolina and everyone else... but I really think Iowa can get to the final four with the everyone else.

Yes…and I agree with your sentiment. They are however beatable. Unlike a few past UCONN/SC teams…

If I were on the Selection Committee, I would really love to have Iowa & South Carolina in opposite brackets as #1 seeds, hoping they both make the final. TV ratings would be huge once again.

As a fan, however, I don't wanna see South Carolina in the final ;)

I’ve always called her “little house on the prairie”.

And that’s exactly how likable & athletic she is!

Go ahead, name a pud from Little House on the Prairie. I dare you.

Besides Michael Landon of course. 🙃

Reactions: desihawk
Molly is just a straight up baller. Very high IQ player that understands what needs to get done in the moment. Love watching her play the game.

In 32 minutes last night, Molly was 2-4 (50%) from three and 7-10 (70%) overall for 18 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and just 1 turnover.

Check this out & watch:

I admittedly have been critical of her ability to hit a three when it matters but she has really brought a toughness/moxie I didn’t expect.
I think the end of this game illustrates why affolter should be taking a bit more of Marshall’s minutes.
If I’m picking a teams from this roster it’s Clark one and I’m not sure if I’m taking affolter/martin/stuelke second.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT