ADVERTISEMENT

Put the Hawks on Primetime!

People need to get over what Willie,CP,Nomad and Bader say about Iowa wrestling if it's keeping them from having the opportunity of watching 10-15 dual meets every weekend on Flo.But those same people will pay $100 month and watch the same 5 channels at home.Its $12.50 month to watch wrestling whenever you want.And wrestling has been around forever and has never gained outside fans and as a sport we gotta stop thinking we are gonna and make what we have the best we can.And my opinion is TV isn't the answer for the future that's the reason ESPN+ was started

We can’t have anything nice. I started this thread to highlight what I thought were inspiring words from the coach, and like everything else it devolved into a ridiculous back and forth of meaningless drivel.

Flo isn’t the enemy. ESPN will likely never cover wrestling to the extent we like. And the NCAA isn’t overly concerned with fans being able to afford reasonably priced tickets to nationals. All the griping, moaning, bellyaching, and calling out other posters in ad hominem fashion isn’t going to change these facts. I wish folks would be more constructive, but this is the Twitterverse sort of world we live in.

Carry on and enjoy the thread...

You don't see how a $150 price tag annually to view a couple of competitions a year is excessive for the casual fan? Flo should be looking into additional subscription/purchasing options. They should sell PPV for individual events. The $150 annual can still remain for the hardcore fan and can include full access to all of their content.

For the distant relatives who want to see their athlete compete or for marginal fans of the sport, or fans of a university in general want to view just a few events a year, Flo is extremely overpriced. Those people will not utilize $150 worth of content.

There are solutions to this problem. Status quo is not one of them.

@ChristianPyles
this is true. just rent for one or two events when needed. track wrestling does that. flo does monthly right?

ESPN only cares about $ and they make it off the NCAA tournament.They don't care about the sport at all.Cant believe people are talking about growing the sport by having Flo WRESTLING sell the rights to ESPN who gives two shits about wrestling.TV isn't the future of wrestling most people under 30 don't have cable TV they use streaming services that's the future.Every wrestling fan shouldve FLO no questions asked regardless of what happened in the past with broadcasts FLO is worth every penny.

You don't see how a $150 price tag annually to view a couple of competitions a year is excessive for the casual fan? Flo should be looking into additional subscription/purchasing options. They should sell PPV for individual events. The $150 annual can still remain for the hardcore fan and can include full access to all of their content.

For the distant relatives who want to see their athlete compete or for marginal fans of the sport, or fans of a university in general want to view just a few events a year, Flo is extremely overpriced. Those people will not utilize $150 worth of content.

@ChristianPyles

This. I’d pay 10-15 bucks for Sunday

@ChristianPyles
No I think it's a great deal.I have a illness it's called wrestling.You get freestyle tournaments,high school tournaments, college opens and duals.You can literally watch wrestling live from 9am until 10pm most weekends from November to March.Its the best $150 year I ever spend.Thats 2 nights out and in some cases 1 for most people

there's so much stupid in this thread. all your dumb ass assertions are b/c of 1 thing...you want to watch it.

you don't know how shit works. so you say 'ef flo'. the one entity that puts all their effort into making wrestling matter.

wholly dumb.

You guys aren't a non-profit. We understand you have to pay the bills and can't give content away for free. That also doesn't mean the purpose of Flo is to promote and grow the sport of wrestling. The purpose of Flo is to monetize the sports they cover and to maximize profit.

I'd say you're currently missing a large customer base and revenue by only having one subscription option - annually @ $150. For the hardcore fans, this is good value, but there are a bunch of casuals who I'm sure would pay X amount to buy specific events. Instead they don't subscribe annually - Flo loses out on potential revenue, and they don't see the meet that they would otherwise watch if there was a more reasonable purchasing option - less eyes on the sport.

No I think it's a great deal.I have a illness it's called wrestling.You get freestyle tournaments,high school tournaments, college opens and duals.You can literally watch wrestling live from 9am until 10pm most weekends from November to March.Its the best $150 year I ever spend.Thats 2 nights out and in some cases 1 for most people
he's talking about grandma and gramps just needing to watch and event family is in

Reactions: lionlover

You're a hardcore fan. You and this board are the minority. There are loads of fans who would watch Iowa vs Okie state if there were alternative options to purchase it rather than a $150 annual subscription to Flo for a bunch of behind the scenes interviews that they won't watch and international tournaments that they don't know exist.

I think they’re leeches that are trying to monopolize wrestling coverage and charge as much as they can to provide it..... for the record I subscribe to BTN2Go and am very happy with the price for what I get.... they offer the Iowa only subscription at a reduced rate and I get coverage of all of the Iowa sports .... I had a real irritating experience with Flo last year trying to get nationals..... tried to subscribe for one month..... they grabbed a years subscription payment out of my account and when I tried to contact their customer service no response for a week..... I had to have my bank contest the payment before they fixed it
doesn't flo cover bigten2go with their subsciption? also the cowboy team conference and other world wide stuff? seems you are losing out on money and coverage. tell him willie.
I have watched every Iowa dual I didn’t personally attend this year on BTN2Go.... plus Iowa women’s basketball..... baseball.... I buy the Iowa only subscription and its cheaper than the normal subscription..... I already pay my cable provider for BTN and because of that the subscription rate for BTN2Go isn’t that bad..... If I buy a Flo subscription I’m paying for coverage of a bunch of shit I won’t watch .... and honestly if Flo hadn’t pissed me off so bad in the past with their shitty customer service I’d pay the 30 bucks for a month.....but after my last experience I don’t even want to try and deal with them..... I’ll listen my buddy Mark Ironside cover it on KXIC and watch the matches later on YouTube

You guys aren't a non-profit. We understand you have to pay the bills and can't give content away for free. That also doesn't mean the purpose of Flo is to promote and grow the sport of wrestling. The purpose of Flo is to monetize the sports they cover and to maximize profit.

I'd say you're currently missing a large customer base and revenue by only having one subscription option - annually @ $150. For the hardcore fans, this is good value, but there are a bunch of casuals who I'm sure would pay X amount to buy specific events. Instead they don't subscribe annually - Flo loses out on potential revenue, and they don't see the meet that they would otherwise watch if there was a more reasonable purchasing option - less eyes on the sport.
Go look at Track every event you want to watch is $9.99-$14.99 which is insane could cost over $100 to watch tournaments on Saturday and Sunday for 1 month.If you want to talk about a messed up system it's Track.FLO offers so much for $12.50 month not sure how any wrestling fan doesn't have it

Go look at Track every event you want to watch is $9.99-$14.99 which is insane could cost over $100 to watch tournaments on Saturday and Sunday for 1 month.If you want to talk about a messed up system it's Track.FLO offers so much for $12.50 month not sure how any wrestling fan doesn't have it

You don't seem to be following the conversation. I'm talking about the marginal fan. They have no way to view the Okie state v. Iowa meet other than going in person or paying $150 to Flo.

Lost revenue for Flo.
Instead that marginal fan will check twitter updates and watch netflix.

This weekend aside...

I'm not a Flo subscriber and I find them to be incredibly douchey but I don't fault them for identifying an opportunity to make money while bringing value to wrestling fans. It is a valuable service for many.

Until there is an effective organization aligning marketing an exposure for the sport and truly increasing availability of visibility of the sport, Flo is one of the best things out there.

Reactions: Gobblin
You're a hardcore fan. You and this board are the minority. There are loads of fans who would watch Iowa vs Okie state if there were alternative options to purchase it rather than a $150 annual subscription to Flo for a bunch of behind the scenes interviews that they won't watch and international tournaments that they don't know exist.
It's just not the subscription model they currently have and no matter what they do people will bitch it's to expensive they could say $7 and people would say $7 to watch the dual wtf.

Reactions: matwizard09
I have watched every Iowa dual I didn’t personally attend this year on BTN2Go.... plus Iowa women’s basketball..... baseball.... I buy the Iowa only subscription and its cheaper than the normal subscription..... I already pay my cable provider for BTN and because of that the subscription rate for BTN2Go isn’t that bad..... If I buy a Flo subscription I’m paying for coverage of a bunch of shit I won’t watch .... and honestly if Flo hadn’t pissed me off so bad in the past with their shitty customer service I’d pay the 30 bucks for a month.....but after my last experience I don’t even want to try and deal with them..... I’ll listen my buddy Mark Ironside cover it on KXIC and watch the matches later on YouTube
how many other sports do you want to talk about? good you are well rounded though. too bad about not watching a bunch of other shit you won't watch...includes many Iowa docs on flopro.

The point is it’s one freaking match. The biggest dual meet of the season, Oklahoma St, Flo, Espn should work to get this match on TV. It’s 2 vs 3, this isn’t long division. It also doesn’t have anything to do with Flo subscriptions etc. People got in their feels though about Flo. Put the match on ESPNU, it will reach millions more homes than Flo.

The point is it’s one freaking match. The biggest dual meet of the season, Oklahoma St, Flo, Espn should work to get this match on TV. It’s 2 vs 3, this isn’t long division. It also doesn’t have anything to do with Flo subscriptions etc. People got in their feels though about Flo. Put the match on ESPNU, it will reach millions more homes than Flo.
don't you get it those million homes it reaches won't be watching it. they'll flip it over to something else. easy business, SUPPLY AND DEMAND. for one of you that want it a 1000 don't. This isn't Iowa Public TV

You don't seem to be following the conversation. I'm talking about the marginal fan. They have no way to view the Okie state v. Iowa meet other than going in person or paying $150 to Flo.

Lost revenue for Flo.
Instead that marginal fan will check twitter updates and watch netflix.
Not saying Flo couldn't profit from selling individual duals but they currently dont and I doubt they will start this week.As far as marginal fans they're marginal for a reason

how many other sports do you want to talk about? good you are well rounded though.
I’m an Iowa fan.... all their sports....I have had Iowa season wrestling tickets for 20 years....BTN2Go gives me stuff I’ll watch a couple times a week year round for I think 8 bucks a month... cant remember.....the only thing Flo gives me that BTN2Go didn’t this year that I give a shit about is this dual..... it aint about the 30 bucks for a one month subscription anymore for me..... I would pay that for this one dual but my past experience with trying to subscribe for one month turned into me having to sick my bank on them after they grabbed a years subscription.... **** them.... last time I’m explaining this

That's what you don't understand millions don't want to watch it .This is a wrestling forum and people are bitching about spending $150 year for FLO on a wrestling forum.On ESPN TV it could reach millions of homes the problem is nobody watches it.If FLO didn't have it you would be listening on the radio

I’m an Iowa fan.... all their sports....I have had Iowa season wrestling tickets for 20 years....BTN2Go gives me stuff I’ll watch a couple times a week year round for I think 8 bucks a month... cant remember.....the only thing Flo gives me that BTN2Go didn’t this year that I give a shit about is this dual..... it aint about the 30 bucks for a one month subscription anymore for me..... I would pay that for this one dual but my past experience with trying to subscribe for one month turned into me having to sick my bank on them after they grabbed a years subscription.... **** them.... last time I’m explaining this
too bad you don't open your mind and watch more wrestling outside iowa. you should try it. also iowa wrestles in world championships and stuff repping the usa too. have fun watching basketball on btn2go for 10 bucks. to think this stuff should be just pushed to ESPN last minute is strange thinking. willie what can be done about event by event streaming, and month to month?

That's what you don't understand millions don't want to watch it .This is a wrestling forum and people are bitching about spending $150 year for FLO on a wrestling forum.On ESPN TV it could reach millions of homes the problem is nobody watches it.If FLO didn't have it you would be listening on the radio

You don’t have any clue how many people would watch if it was on ESPN networks. What we do know is that number is significantly higher than who would watch on FLO. The $150 is an absurd amount for those fans that watch wrestling for 3 months a year. If FLO didn’t have the meet it would’ve been on a BTN or IPTV in the past. So I would be watching it

too bad you don't open your mind and watch more wrestling outside iowa. you should try it. also iowa wrestles in world championships and stuff repping the usa too. have fun watching basketball on btn2go for 10 bucks. to think this stuff should be just pushed to ESPN last minute is strange thinking. willie what can be done about event by event streaming, and month to month?
I love freestyle and the USA team problem is there is a limit to how many subscriptions a person can justify.... I attend a lot in person too.... I catch the usa team when I can on Tv..... went to the world team championships at Carver last year.... had seats in the first row.... it was awesome

It's just not the subscription model they currently have and no matter what they do people will bitch it's to expensive they could say $7 and people would say $7 to watch the dual wtf.

Uhhhh. $7 is a lot more reasonable than the $150 that you would need to pay to see Okie state vs Iowa under the current options.

Uhhhh. $7 is a lot more reasonable than the $150 that you would need to pay to see Okie state vs Iowa under the current options.
No shit.... 7 bucks sign me up..... guys arguing against himself ..... seriously though you’re spot on.....if FLO really wants to promote wrestling and make coverage more available.... offering single event PPV for “ reasonable “ rates..... I would be on board..... their approach now is simply pushing you towards their yearly subscription

You don’t have any clue how many people would watch if it was on ESPN networks. What we do know is that number is significantly higher than who would watch on FLO. The $150 is an absurd amount for those fans that watch wrestling for 3 months a year. If FLO didn’t have the meet it would’ve been on a BTN or IPTV in the past. So I would be watching it
Or the school would have streamed it.... the whole flo buys the rights pay me has replaced things like schools streaming these events.... Ive watched many a dual in the past via schools broadcasts..... I don’t need a talking head telling me whats going on.... just show me the damn match

I will be happier listening to Ironside on the radio then hoping to watch it on flo....probably miss the 1st couple of matches.

Or the school would have streamed it.... the whole flo buys the rights pay me has replaced things like schools streaming these events.... Ive watched many a dual in the past via schools broadcasts..... I don’t need a talking head telling me whats going on.... just show me the damn match
Iowa has 15 duals this year if your willing to pay $7 your only $45 from a year of FLO which would give you many other BIG 10 duals.

I will be happier listening to Ironside on the radio then hoping to watch it on flo....probably miss the 1st couple of matches.
That has only happened this year if it was a BTN2GO or Oklahoma st broadcast that Flo simulcasts they don't actually put on the production for those.

Your life sounds rough....

This thread was about Tom Brands asking for this meet to be televised. He specifically mentioned that he would like it to be on ESPN and not on one of their many other channels. We have also seen John Smith tell us Tom asked him to move this meet to the end of the season to make it a build up event. The plan as to have a great event for everyone. So let’s get this on TV. I don’t care if you love or hate flo, BTN, or any other business. It’s about getting this on TV.

This thread was about Tom Brands asking for this meet to be televised. He specifically mentioned that he would like it to be on ESPN and not on one of their many other channels. We have also seen John Smith tell us Tom asked him to move this meet to the end of the season to make it a build up event. The plan as to have a great event for everyone. So let’s get this on TV. I don’t care if you love or hate flo, BTN, or any other business. It’s about getting this on TV.
If it was such a big deal that it's on ESPN TV why wait until the week of to bring it up.Both schools should've been pushing the issue months ago.

Iowa has 15 duals this year if your willing to pay $7 your only $45 from a year of FLO which would give you many other BIG 10 duals.
You should be in politics .... you can spin the shit out of things..... either that or you simply haven’t understood this whole conversation...why would I pay flo 7 bucks each for duals I either have tickets to or can watch with my BTN2Go subscription already.... this whole conversation is about one dual.... Iowa/Okie state

Reactions: UIwrestle99-13
there's so much stupid in this thread. all your dumb ass assertions are b/c of 1 thing...you want to watch it.

you don't know how shit works. so you say 'ef flo'. the one entity that puts all their effort into making wrestling matter
wholly dumb.

Way to represent your employer; calm and professional.
Definitely went a long ways towards mending the fence with me ...smh....I had a shit experience with their CS.... got my bank involved to get a refund.... then finally get a response from them which amounted to a conversation with a guy with a shitty attitude that never apologized.... now this Ahole calls me dumb on a message board..... yea that’s an outfit I’m gonna give my money to..... arrogant douche bags

Last edited:
You should be in politics .... you can spin the shit out of things..... either that or you simply haven’t understood this whole conversation...why would I pay flo 7 bucks each for duals I either have tickets to or can watch with my BTN2Go subscription already.... this whole conversation is about one dual.... Iowa/Okie state
I understand it's about 1 dual and you think because 300,000 people in Iowa can't watch it ESPN TV should cover it and they've no interest in doing that.

Reactions: vhsalum
I understand it's about 1 dual and you think because 300,000 people in Iowa can't watch it ESPN TV should cover it and they've no interest in doing that.
Good .... years ago IPTV did.... and more recently osu provided streaming....now Flo is the only option and I’ve documented my experience with them.... do you work for FLO or something or just enjoy arguing?

Definitely went a long ways towards mending the fence with me ...smh....I had a shit experience with their CS.... got my bank involved to get a refund.... then finally get a response from them which amounted to a conversation with a guy with a shitty attitude that never apologized.... now this Ahole calls me dumb on a message board..... yea that’s an outfit I’m gonna give my money to..... arrogant douche bags
I think it's more his frustration that uninformed people are making assumptions that aren't true.People think it should be on ESPN TV don't you think that Willie is involved and knows that ESPN TV has no interest in the dual.

Good .... years ago IPTV did.... and more recently osu provided streaming....now Flo is the only option and I’ve documented my experience with them.... do you work for FLO or something or just enjoy arguing?
No I don't work for them.I just don't understand how any wrestling fan would bitch about $150 year subscription to a WRESTLING website that's all.
Enjoy the dual if you decide to watch.Maybe I will give you my extra login so you can enjoy the dual I will charge you $7.In all seriousness you seem like you really want to see the dual.

I think it's more his frustration that uninformed people are making assumptions that aren't true.People think it should be on ESPN TV don't you think that Willie is involved and knows that ESPN TV has no interest in the dual.
Yes I understand and thats good for his business not for Iowa fans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT