ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the Pro-“Life” People in light of Alabama

Menace Sockeyes

HR Legend
Sep 2, 2010
Classic thought experiment I don’t know if we covered in the other thread: Fertility clinic is on fire. It has 100 frozen embryos and one newborn baby trapped inside. You only have time to save the embryos or newborn before everything inside collapses and burns. Which do you save and why?

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Classic thought experiment I don’t know if we covered in the other thread: Fertility clinic is on fire. It has 100 frozen embryos and one newborn baby trapped inside. You only have time to save the embryos or newborn before everything inside collapses and burns. Which do you save and why?
In the Old Testament, they practiced retroactive abortion in addition to making a woman drink an abortion cocktail to prove her fidelity to her husband.

The Jews who wrote all the bullshit in the Old Testament might have been on to something with that. The only issue with abortion today is it’s not practiced nearly as much as should, particularly the retroactive part.

Lol. Ah, I’m kidding church people. Totally kidding. (Well, kinda.)

Oh, and you save the newborn baby. Easy.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I‘d save the newborn. No way of knowing which of the others might get that far, and if any would feel pain from the fire, I’d imagine it would be that one. Wrong?

As I said elsewhere, unfertilized eggs (which really don’t belong in the freezer but that’s another matter) are a step back from a person. Not that hard.

Sorry, I'm not risking it either way.
INf78B.gif

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT