ADVERTISEMENT

Ramos/Gilman

JohnBasedow

HR Legend
Jul 6, 2006
Hope Gilman makes the best of 3. Shots fired already in the Flo interview from Gilman and Ramos responded on Twitter. No link as I'm on my phone but Flo tweeted a link to the interview.

Seems like somebody isn't telling the truth. Gilman: "I know how to freaking beat him and he knows that." Ramos: "haha, maybe in his dream but he never has and never will"

Daniel Dennis, your turn.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Given the reports I have heard from people about Dennis vs Gilman in the room, I am inclined to side with Gilman on this one. Plus I just straight up like Gilman better and always have. Gilman is a proud hawkeye and would never throw the program or the coaches under the bus.

Heck, Gilman probably had more of a right to be pissed at Tom for benching him over Clark than T-Ram did for the whole 'Corner' situation at the OTT's, and he manned up, wished Clark the best and went to work every day moving forward to help his teammate win in the post season.

Last edited:
Ii think we forget how hard some of these guys take losing. Look at what happened to Dan Dennis after he lost the NCAA title. He almost went into hibernation. Look at how badly Terry reacted when he lost in the trials. I think we can cut Ramos some slack for trying to heal from having a dream crushed. It isn't going to be pretty no matter who does it.
Personally, I think Gilman has a shot to beat Ramos, but I do not think he gets the chance to wrestle him. Style wise, I think he is a night mare for Ramos.

Love Gilman, but it's probably time to do the whole "walk softly but carry a big stick" gig until if/when he makes the finals. He'll have quite the road just to get that far.

Reactions: hawki4ever
Love Gilman, but it's probably time to do the whole "walk softly but carry a big stick" gig until if/when he makes the finals. He'll have quite the road just to get that far.

Said the same thing about Tony back in the day. I remember him being too brash despite never having made a world team and then he went out and did it. Either Gilman will back it up or he won't...can't ask a guy to be something different than what he is; usually life will do that.

True, but didn't win a gold at the age class big show (worlds) now did he?

Now you are moving the goal post. Gilman made one cadet and two junior world teams. Won Fargo, Fila Cadets and Fila Junior national titles plus trials championships. 8th and 3rd at junior worlds which is not shabby. Did not wrestle, 4,2,3 in folkstyle. So, if Gilman does make it all the way and beats Ramos, you will switch it up and say he can't win the real big show which is worlds. BTW...when is the last time Minne had somebody who won the "big show?" Tony Nelson? Exciting stuff. Not up on my Minnesota history but if we were judging the big one by "world champs", you guys will always have Gagne and Lesnar.

I hear ya, don't think he is going to flip like a bunch of to be Hawks have recently.

EDIT: Guess just two- flip #1 because flip #2 verballed , then verbal #2 flipped to go play dodgeball?

Wasn't thinking of him flipping, just saying that the gophers haven't necessarily covered themselves in glory on the "big stage." Think he has the biggest chance to be your next one but you will have to wait another two years for that. So relax, chill out...you guys are good at that up there.

Reactions: OL119
So what's the "big show" in your opinion? He's won trials before, so if that's your point, you missed the mark. He won Big10's, that was a tournament final, so if your point is he can't win a major tournament, you again missed the mark. Are you saying he CAN beat Ramos but can't win gold?
Why don't you get yourself together, pop a zanax, rethink your troll point and try again, cuz this makes no sense as is.

He was a medalist on the biggest stage for his age bracket. Are you going to look at that as losing? Well sure, he didn't win gold. But he did win the trials to get there..... The number of amazing top wrestlers that come out of the NCAA and never even sniff a world team is huge. Then the number of those that DO make a team and don't medal is even more amazing. Gilman has done both.

I own you. Fishing is good in these parts.

Fishing can be good up in your parts no doubt. Tomorrow, I am driving THROUGH your state to fish in Ontario for the next 7 days. Is the fishing better there? I am pretty sure it is.

But if the question is who has a more warped view on how good their sports teams are? You Gophers win hands down in that competition.

Gilman's problem in FS is that he seems to go down early in matches and needs to storm back to get a W. he's a talent who could beat anyone but also lost to anyone, unfortunate as it is for him. It will be very exciting to see how this field looks overall in June. Can't wait!

Didn't win a Gold at age group wolds and NCAA. Thanks for enforcing my point.

Wow, who sh&t in your cornflakes this morning?

So by your standards not winning a world gold is a failure? By those standards has any Minny wrestler been successful?

Gilman won the world team trials and then loses ONE match at worlds to bring home bronze. . Damn, maybe he should just quit the sport being a failure and all.

Last edited:
Does Iowa have any lakes deeper than twenty feet? Serious question.

And since you are all about making points, I never mentioned the depth of our lakes, which by the way, the answer is yes. I
am not fishing in Iowa this week, but am bypassing your state to fish in a different country. I tried talking my buddies into driving around Minnesota all together, but timing just didn't make sense.

Ps. If I have to choose between shallow lakes or a shallow gene pool, I will choose the former. I think you can guess where Minnesota fits in that metaphoric sentence. Or maybe you can't

And since you are all about making points, I never mentioned the depth of our lakes, which by the way, the answer is yes. I
am not fishing in Iowa this week, but am bypassing your state to fish in a different country. I tried talking my buddies into driving around Minnesota all together, but timing just didn't make sense.

Ps. If I have to choose between shallow lakes or a shallow gene pool, I will choose the former. I think you can guess where Minnesota fits in that metaphoric sentence. Or maybe you can't
Wish you would drive around MN, we don't want your stench festering our state.

The end tournament is the big show. World Championships in Jrs and NCAA Championship in college. Sr. Level is US Open, World Team trials. BIG SHOW is world and Olympic championships at the senior level.
Again, you make no sense. The end tournament is the big show? So you are saying Gliman has never won a tournament? So making the Jr World National team, which Gilman did, was not the big show at his age group it was actually winning the world championship, but making the Sr World National team is the big show and winning World and Olympic is an even bigger show so we capitalize the word BIG SHOW?

Here's some advice for trolling....you are too stupid to do it right. You can't change your argument every time you are proven wrong because then everyone can see you are a moron.

Reactions: The catman
Gilman just should've quit wrestling all together since he didn't win all of his pee-wee tournaments.

This widespreadgeo character is a tolling douche. But then again it's the off season so shit sticks to anything

Wish you would drive around MN, we don't want your stench festering our state.

This is one place we agree. I wish I could too.
But since I have to drive through your state, maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. I have been thinking about getting on a few new prescription drugs. Any idea where I can find some in the Minneapolis area?

Whether Gilman beats Ramos or even makes the finals fact or facts. He does no how to be Ramos. They only wrestled in the same room for 4 years. I don't think what Gilman said was out of line. That weight in my opinion is pretty wide open. Ramos for sure has the upper hand by sitting out. No matter the outcome, what Gilman said it true. Doesn't matter if he makes the finals, wins over Ramos or loses. What he said is true

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT